Can't lay Surface 1 or 2

• 7 Replies

PHJ314

« on: August 31, 2017, 10:00:54 AM »
NOTE, this is only happening on NEW courses. If I use one of my imported courses,or a course I created months ago for testing purposes, it works.

I select a texture for my Surface 1 and/or 2, I try to lay a brush, nothing appears.
I did have it happen a couple time where I'd try to lay a small brush of the texture and suddenly my entire plot would be that texture. Undo and try again...nothing happens, no texture laid. Can't re-create the issue, seems totally random.

All other surfaces works perfectly fine, it's just my 2 custom surfaces acting erratically/not appearing.

At this point the only thing I haven't done is re-install the game. But to be honest, if I uninstall it I'm probably not putting it back on my box. My only regret is that I didn't buy a physical copy of the game, at least the games case would have made a great drink coaster.

My courses, Fictional:
Vardonheim
Smuggler's Loch GC
Tysbrook GC
Manotick National
Hagenstrol GC
Barrhaven Black
LeBretton Links

RCR:
Stonebridge GC - (Ottawa)

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 10:49:11 AM »
What platform are you playing on? 

What happens if you change the texture for surface 1 or 2?

PHJ314

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 10:57:44 AM »
What platform are you playing on? 

What happens if you change the texture for surface 1 or 2?

Xbox.

Nothing happens.... Doesn't matter which texture I use (Pine Straw, mulch, cart path)

Someone in another forums mentioned:
"I found that if you lay a bunker literally anywhere on the plot all the surfaces reappear. Why? Who knows. Hope this works for you"

I'm going to try that tonight.
My courses, Fictional:
Vardonheim
Smuggler's Loch GC
Tysbrook GC
Manotick National
Hagenstrol GC
Barrhaven Black
LeBretton Links

RCR:

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 11:18:42 AM »
let me know if that helps.  I have no idea why that would matter.  We'll look into whats happening on our side to see if we can reproduce it. 

PHJ314

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 08:53:13 AM »
let me know if that helps.  I have no idea why that would matter.  We'll look into whats happening on our side to see if we can reproduce it.

I placed a tiny bunker in the far reaches of my course and now the 2 custom surfaces work perfectly.
My courses, Fictional:
Vardonheim
Smuggler's Loch GC
Tysbrook GC
Manotick National
Hagenstrol GC
Barrhaven Black
LeBretton Links

RCR:

Wayne0881

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 11:35:01 AM »
This still happens now, surfaces 1 and 2 disappear when I lay down a building (club house, town house etc..) but randomly reappears when a different object is laid.

Must be a glitch surely, highly frustrating!

Xbox One S

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 01:00:09 PM »
I think it might have something to do with the autoflattenning that happens around some buildings and all clubhouses when you lay them down. 
If you’re laying them down I low areas  it could be pushing the surface level below the landscape.  I’ve run into this near water mostly, but I’m sure it can happen elsewhere.  If you use  the sculpt flatten/ raise (red) brushes to level it out and raise it up above the baseline the surfaces reappear.
I was working on a course the other day and tried to lay bunkers along the waterline and when I did the waterline moved and blotted out some of it.  That was due to the natural sinking of the bunker surface which is similar to the flattening that happens with some buildings and clubhouses.  I’ve also noticed the glitch where some sculpting done on one part of the course will affect other areas of the course...... like a ripple effect....  it weird, but I think it has something to do with the grid mapping aspect of the plot itself.
I hope this helps.  Just my observations and speculation.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 01:04:32 PM by RockManDan »
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Wayne0881

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 01:46:07 PM »
Ah yes I'm new to the game but that makes sense.

I'll bear that all in mind

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

space-cash