Server Side Gameplay Updates

• 184 Replies

HB_CraigC

• Administrator
« on: October 09, 2018, 04:39:40 PM »
Let's keep this thread focused STRICTLY on the gameplay changes that came with the server update.

The following changes have been pushed to the server:

Trajectories and RPMs increased to align with PGA apex's and spin rates.
Surface penalty tunings to reduce the launch speed and spin rates for light rough, heavy rough, and bunkers.
Shot shaper distance affects (loss/gain) reduced to a more realistic range.

Please, again, keep this thread on topic. We don't need to be sifting through chaff to find the feedback. But most importantly - have fun!

{EDIT}: If you have the gaming running, you must relaunch the game to get these changes.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:42:53 PM by HB_CraigC »
~Senior Game Designer

lazza

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 04:53:22 PM »
Awesome, I was going to go to bed but will check out the updates now :)

Edit: ok I've played a few holes and I'm really liking what I'm seeing, even though it's back to the drawing board to sort out my distances again!

1. Short irons and wedges stop beautifully. Thank you HB :)
2. Higher ball flights. Meh, didn't think those were bad before anyway
3. Less loft - absolutely 100% a good thing, no silly lofting any more. On the downside, I now have to put the gap wedge back in my bag, because I can't replicate GW distances by lofting the PW like I've been doing up to now...
4. Big distance changes - most clubs slightly longer, 3 hybrid and 3 wood slightly shorter, and the latter is giving me 94-96% lies in fairways. Definitely a good thing as 3 woods aren't meant to be precision devices, and also this will reduce the easiness of reaching even the longest par 5s in 2
6. Pitching: lw pitch is now 57 yards rather than 48, however now the SW can be flopped to 42 yards. Will be interesting to test this out
7. Flopping - a lot more spin, however that's a small price to pay imo for being able to get realistic spin on full wedges and short irons on the greens.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 05:19:29 PM by lazza »

Matchless1

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 05:00:07 PM »
Lob wedge pitch is now a distance of 57 yards?  Intentional?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Martbloke

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 05:03:22 PM »
Played a 7I on its lowest loft setting and carries further than normal and highest plus due to the lowest loft, runs for like 10+ yards so at its lowest loft it travels overall the furthest. Is this correct?

The roll out? Yes indeed but the carry? Not sure.

spacialgroover

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 05:03:27 PM »
Just played a round having coincidentally just switched up to using the Master Club set. I was just coming on to say the flight and spin was much more realistic when playing with this club set, but now see that it was due to the updates! Played really nicely IMO. Big improvement.

Driving could probably do with still being tweaked a little bit to make it trickier to hit the ball straight. Otherwise a big thumbs up from me.

Martbloke

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 05:07:47 PM »
Just played a round having coincidentally just switched up to using the Master Club set. I was just coming on to say the flight and spin was much more realistic when playing with this club set, but now see that it was due to the updates! Played really nicely IMO. Big improvement.

Driving could probably do with still being tweaked a little bit to make it trickier to hit the ball straight. Otherwise a big thumbs up from me.

Just noticed how I can make the driving trickier now due to very little movement in the loft - loft it up fully. Distance doesn't change too much if at all but the swing plane is minute and does make it trickier imo. Yes you could do this before but due to very little loft box now which doesn't really change distance much, it's a done deal for me.

HB, make the driver swing plane for Masters always high lift thin! 😀👍

flamingoboot76

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 05:09:05 PM »
a fully lofted lw goes about ten yards less than a stock lw… interesting
astrophotographer

spacialgroover

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 05:09:40 PM »
Played a 7I on its lowest loft setting and carries further than normal and highest plus due to the lowest loft, runs for like 10+ yards so at its lowest loft it travels overall the furthest. Is this correct?

By delofting a 7 iron you are making it play more like a 6 iron. Does a 6 iron carry further than a 7? Yes it does.

Shardak

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 05:12:56 PM »
Spin feels legit now.  Thank you.

Gap wedge test, into flat green, no wind

At game launch

Beginner Clubs
7 yards roll out on soft/slow greens
14 yards roll out on firm/fast greens

Pro Clubs
5 yards roll out on soft/slow greens
10 yards roll out on firm/fast greens

Masters Clubs
3 yards roll out on soft/slow greens
6 yards roll out on firm/fast greens

After server patch

Beginner Clubs
2 yards roll out on soft/slow greens
5 yards roll out on firm/fast greens

Pro Clubs
4 yards roll out on firm/fast greens

Masters Clubs
4 yards roll out on firm/fast greens

gtgud

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 05:13:59 PM »

That's much more realistic.

I'm glad that they changed that aspect of loft, because it will bring more realistic golf strategy to the fore.

acdctabs

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 05:15:06 PM »
Distance are broken, my golf bag is broken, I can't play :(

mebby

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 05:15:30 PM »

That's more than I had hoped they would allow it to move but it's better than it was for sure.

I'll be testing it all out later tonight.  I was hoping to see nothing more than 5 yards.  Have you tested out something like a 7 iron?  Normal loft versus full loft and normal loft vs min loft?
Steam Name - Turnerm05
Xbox Live - Turnerm05

Martbloke

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 05:15:40 PM »

By delofting a 7 iron you are making it play more like a 6 iron. Does a 6 iron carry further than a 7? Yes it does.

Yeah actually I was being dumb here. Ignore me lol.

Aside from this stupidity, I'm actually liking the loft changes not affecting distance as much (driving range testing). Now time to hit the course!

Badger57

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 05:15:59 PM »
Only just seen that the server updates have started to be implemented. I wondered why my Masters driver was spraying the ball all over. Thought I'd gone back to my bad old ways! Lol 😁
Loving it!!!

random scotsman

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 05:17:43 PM »
Did  you change the clubs I'm.getting fasts all the time now.

Also I can't see the centre line on driver for using fade. Original Xbox 1080p tv

space-cash