Some Solo Society Questions

• 38 Replies

andya14

• http://yosoyungamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/The-Golf-Club.jpg
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 09:12:15 AM »
Mr T, when you looking at starting this society?

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 09:39:37 AM »
How about this idea.for solo play... you set up your own season on a spreadsheet,   then you pick out 10 of your friends who play the game with the same setup as you do.   You hide all of their ghost rounds.  And then you play turnbased. In groupings so you see your other golfers actually playing along.  At the end of the round. You record everywhere new scores and move to the next event.
  Just a thought. 
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

DaveT

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2019, 09:27:35 AM »

Started it on the weekend. Three events in to a forty-four event season, two rounds per event ... its going well.

I set it on 'Hard' and I've won one of the three events so far. Winning score is between -12 and -16 under for the two round events which seems like a reasonable challenge (I play with Pro clubs).

I renamed about two-thirds of the AI names and then run out of real-life names I actually recognise so I left the rest, but changed the pics of any female golfers to male (sorry ladies!).  I made sure the AI players with the best handicaps are the better real life names, and it looks like its working ... Spieth, Rory and others are hovering round the top of the leaderboards. I won the first event, Snedeker won the second, Spieth the third.

Calendar wise I couldn't exactly replicate the PGA season as you have to schedule a set number of 'regular' and 'championship' events before you can schedule a 'major'. But it works out every ten events I have one major and two championships; the rest are regulars. I'm happy with that as it actually spaces the four majors out nicely, albeit not real-life accurate.

I used all of the official HB courses as I know they are guaranteed to have crowds on them (find it too unrealistic with no crowds). I then picked courses I liked the look of or that I found out on here have crowds for tournament play. I've also done a Spreadsheet on my laptop so I can remember what courses I've used so I can change it up next season.

Still got the issue of the competition leader not teeing off last going in to the second/final round of an event ... I'm always the last one in the clubhouse, which is handy to know what score you have to beat but not very realistic. Haven't had a tie competition yet but I'm assuming there is no playoff.

Also, when renaming the AI players you can't sort them by handicap, so its a bit of a pain scrolling down to find the ones with the best handicap. They generally go best to worst but there are a handful of better handicapped players dotted randomly in the list.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:32:41 AM by DaveT »
COURSES:

- Camp Crystal Lake 
- Haddonfield Country Club
- Antonio Bay (The Fog)
- Overlook Hotel & Country Club

Martbloke

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2019, 09:30:07 AM »

Started it on the weekend. Three events in to a forty-four event season, two rounds per event ... its going well.

I set it on 'Hard' and I've won one of the three events so far. Winning score is between -12 and -16 under for the two round events which seems like a reasonable challenge (I play with Pro clubs).

I renamed about two-thirds of the AI names and then run out of real-life names I actual recognise so I left the rest, but changed the pics of any female golfers to male (sorry ladies!).  I made sure the AI players with the best handicaps are the better real life names, and it looks like its working ... Spieth, Rory and others are hovering round the top of the leaderboards. I won the first event, Snedeker won the second, Spieth the third.

Calendar wise I couldn't exactly replicate the PGA season as you have to schedule a set number of 'regular' and 'championship' events before you can schedule a 'major'. But it works out every ten events I have one major and two championships; the rest are regulars. I'm happy with that as it actually spaces the four majors out nicely, albeit not real-life accurate.

Still got the issue of the competition leader not teeing off first going in to the last round of an event ... whatever happens I'm the last one in the clubhouse, which is handy to know what score you have to beat but not very realistic. Haven't had a tie competition yet but I'm assuming there is no playoff.

Also, when renaming the AI players you can't sort them by handicap, so its a bit of a pain scrolling down to find the ones with the best handicap. They generally go best to worst but there are a handful of better handicapped players dotted randomly in the list.

Nice work!

Yeah there are no playoffs and you get the win if you tie 1st!

DaveT

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2019, 09:34:21 AM »
How about this idea.for solo play... you set up your own season on a spreadsheet,   then you pick out 10 of your friends who play the game with the same setup as you do.   You hide all of their ghost rounds.  And then you play turnbased. In groupings so you see your other golfers actually playing along.  At the end of the round. You record everywhere new scores and move to the next event.
  Just a thought.

I'm the only person I know with the game  :-[   *break out the violins!*
COURSES:

- Camp Crystal Lake 
- Antonio Bay (The Fog)

andya14

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2019, 09:48:45 AM »
Maybe you should open up your society to others seeing as you put in a vast amount of work creating the tour :)

DaveT

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2019, 06:25:46 AM »
Maybe you should open up your society to others seeing as you put in a vast amount of work creating the tour :)

Never thought of that before ... it would be the first 'open' society I've created so I'd have to do some reading up on how you run one.

Would the AI computer players still be involved? ie. the Ai renamed to be Rory, Jordan, Tiger etc?
COURSES:

- Camp Crystal Lake 
- Antonio Bay (The Fog)

Martbloke

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2019, 09:14:06 AM »

Never thought of that before ... it would be the first 'open' society I've created so I'd have to do some reading up on how you run one.

Would the AI computer players still be involved? ie. the Ai renamed to be Rory, Jordan, Tiger etc?

Nope. Only those human players who join your online society.

andya14

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2019, 10:25:59 AM »

I've never joined one either, but would give this a go, you've put in a lot of hard work by the looks of it

space-cash