Sound of the woods

• 5 Replies

Badger57

« on: January 13, 2019, 03:11:31 PM »
Playing Xbox I use Master clubs and wife uses beginners. My driver sounds like a good old fashioned wood with a nice hefty whomp when I hit it. my wife's driver sounds more like a metal wood and quite tinny without much meat behind it. It didn't used to sound like that. Pre-patch?
Is it only beginner drivers that sound a bit weedy and is there one that sounds more meaty?

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 10:56:22 AM »
I'll have to set up an experimental condition to try out what you're talking about, but I'll give it a go.  I've never actually even tried beginner clubs out on the course, I just hit them a few times on the practice range for comparison.

I have noticed that I get variable sounds from impacts with my driver.  Sometimes it almost sounds like it's been muzzled.  I'm using a metal head driver so I would expect to hear that distinctive "plink" sound at impact, although the more perfect the impact, the less "tinny" that 'plink' should be.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Badger57

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 11:38:19 AM »
Sounds (sorry!) reasonable to me that wifey's Beginner's club sounds more plinky because she's hitting more off centre shots but getting away with good shots because of the greater margin for error. It was Mrs B who brought the subject up but I had to agree with her that my shots with the driver sound much better. We've not changed the head of her driver though because I thought they were entirety cosmetic only? Perhaps I'll have to do a little experimenting myself....

FRSTDWN

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 11:51:19 AM »
They have stated all three clubs sounds different.

The irons on the master set sometimes sounds great and other times sounds like you are hitting it off the toe. Anyone that plays real golf knows that is one of the worse sounds/feelings in golf. Minus the S word of course.

I really do not know if the sounds are determined by tempo. Like if you get perfect perfect it sounds more flush.   
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Badger57

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 12:46:43 PM »
They have stated all three clubs sounds different.

The irons on the master set sometimes sounds great and other times sounds like you are hitting it off the toe. Anyone that plays real golf knows that is one of the worse sounds/feelings in golf. Minus the S word of course.

I really do not know if the sounds are determined by tempo. Like if you get perfect perfect it sounds more flush.

Ahh, ok. Perhaps I've just never noticed before. There's only one driver though with interchangeable heads that I'm guessing are just entirely cosmetic so I've never really bothered with them. Having said that, I've just seen the old gold head that was offered as an incentive for pre ordering Tgc2 so I've just treated myself! 😂 😂 😂

FRSTDWN

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 02:27:07 PM »
Far as I know cosmetic changes have no impact on sound.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP