HB please look into NEW tempo issues

• 19 Replies

Hugh Jass Koda

• GroupMember
« on: June 14, 2019, 04:16:14 PM »
I am going to attempt to give as much possibly relevant information as I can.

The game has been fine for a while now.  By "fine" I mean everything has been working consistently.  About a week or two ago everything was fine, then overnight EVERY SHOT my tempo was Fast or Very Fast on top and just about always Perfect on bottom.  No matter what I did!  A couple other things that began to happen at the same time was every time I started up the game there would pop up two separate messages from Steam in the lower right corner of my screen.  One said it detected my controller then a second message said a profile was loaded for my controller.  I also noticed my mouse pointer in Windows was being controlled and moved with movement of my right controller stick.  I tried everything I could to straighten up my tempo but nothing worked.  I Googled "my gamepads right stick is controlling my desktop mouse pointer".  That is how I learned a Steam update enabled "Xbox Configuration Support" in Controller Settings on it's own and that was the cause of EVERYTHING!  I entered Big Picture mode, entered Controller Settings and unchecked Xbox Configuration Support.  Restarted Steam and it was all fixed.  Steam no longer loaded a profile for my controller, my desktop mouse pointer was not effected by my right stick anymore and most importantly my tempo was back to P/P and I could play again!

I mentioned all that because again, overnight my tempo has become unplayable!  Just about every shot my tempo is now Very Fast/Perfect and I can't fix it.  I didn't make any changes BUT Steam had an update again.  Not one of the daily updates to change sale items that Steam always does, it was different.  Because I wasn't expecting anything to go wrong I didn't pay much attention to it, I just installed it.  No doubt it is the cause of my tempo changing so drastically!  I checked if it re-enabled the Xbox Configuration Support again in Controller Settings but it did not.  It is acting the same as it did the last time though.

Please look into this HB.  Everything was fine, yesterday Steam had an update and tempo has been Very Fast/Perfect ever since.  My friend I play with also experiences the same as me.

Thanks
My Course:   White Mountains Country Club

D.D.Jensen

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 05:17:49 PM »
Over the last few days, the tempo has became almost unbearable to play.  What has changed?  Steam had some sort of an update ... is it the cause of the latest issues? I don't know ...  I do know that I just didn't forget how to suddenly pull and push my stick back and forth somewhat consistently.

Yes every once in a while, I expect to get an off-tempo shot ... but not 80% like that has been happening lately ... It really puts a damper on the enjoyment level of this game.

The Lack of response from the dev's is a real downer as well ... along with the fact, I know others have similar issues and just remain silent ...

Either in fear of the typical, "It's you messing up" reply, the "I don't have any issues", or the more common "I will pass it on to the Dev's" and nothing happens ...

This, combined with a total lack of communication, is a major disappointment ...

This golf game has so much potential, and it just seems that it is dying a slow death.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 05:40:16 PM by DDJensen »

Bear

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 01:02:11 AM »
I have to say that, using a mouse, I'm now getting slow tempo issues much more often, both on backswing and through swing.  I seem to have to really push the mouse through hard when I'm trying for a fast downswing.  Of course Sod's Law dictates that then I get the needle stopping at 9 o'clock and I'm off the golf course.

Hugh Jass Koda

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 11:35:33 PM »
Looks like I am going to get screwedified on this!  Steam's update fukulated the tempo.  I used to get P/P most the time!  Since the Steam update several days ago my tempo is 90% of the time VF/P.  My game is unplayable!

It is abundantly clear already by the once again non responding HB that I will receive no help with this. What I am guaranteed to receive instead is more srewedification!
My Course:   White Mountains Country Club

D.D.Jensen

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 11:43:08 PM »
Fuktified, and total screwedification ...

LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

HB_CraigC

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2019, 12:30:54 PM »
I just took a bunch of shots (on Steam -  using a standard Xbox One controller) in the driving range with the Driver and the PW across all shot types and did not get a single VF or VS. I'm not sure what support or advice I can offer at this time, without further information as to your specific circumstance.

Here's the video of my test: https://youtu.be/GvqBUrNCYOY
~Senior Game Designer

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 03:24:12 PM »
I just took a bunch of shots (on Steam -  using a standard Xbox One controller) in the driving range with the Driver and the PW across all shot types and did not get a single VF or VS. I'm not sure what support or advice I can offer at this time, without further information as to your specific circumstance.

Try it out in a Society tournament round and see if you get as consistent a result.  I know I can play a solo, Local Match and have it play smooth, and then go right out and play a Society tournament round with a couple of ghost balls, and have a much more 'dynamic' experience with the tempo.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

HB_CraigC

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 04:28:46 PM »

Try it out in a Society tournament round and see if you get as consistent a result.  I know I can play a solo, Local Match and have it play smooth, and then go right out and play a Society tournament round with a couple of ghost balls, and have a much more 'dynamic' experience with the tempo.

10 holes in online society play with no issues. Horrible score (+7) because I was rushing through (it's the start of my weekend) but only a single very slow downswing on an intentional partial flop (that I messed up).
~Senior Game Designer

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 04:34:55 PM »

10 holes in online society play with no issues. Horrible score (+7) because I was rushing through (it's the start of my weekend) but only a single very slow downswing on an intentional partial flop (that I messed up).

Thanks... were you playing with a ghost player or ghost ball?  I'm not sure they impact the performance or not, I just know I usually play Society rounds with at least one ghost ball, and sometimes a turn enabled ghost player.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Thrangar

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2019, 06:33:01 PM »
today played liquid smooth...has not been that way in two weeks
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

seagrave23

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2019, 07:54:13 PM »
now if you can tell me how to get a controller to work you would really make me happy

wirenut48

• Retired Electrician IBEW Local 48
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2019, 02:48:45 AM »
Buy an Xbox one controller and you won't have any problems, works great with Win 10.
PSN/Steam Wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

seagrave23

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 01:11:45 PM »
tryed 3 different x box controllers no differance

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2019, 03:40:55 PM »
tryed 3 different x box controllers no differance

XBox One or XBox 360 controllers?
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit