Needed for the (forthcoming?) next version, please

• 40 Replies

FRSTDWN

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 10:27:27 PM »
At least 5 threads on this.  Glad they are lis............. ..... .... ..... ......   .......  ......  tening. Sorry I was loading 😉
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 09:21:34 AM »
Career mode needs Tee times,Better options level of play,Playoffs,Create a player to play against in career (offline),

Course Designer,Ropes for the crowd,Real flags like on HB designed courses,More texture options if possible,Create a Flag option,Change of colour of houses and stands etc,Even Blocks to create things.

Gameplay Time to go away from 3 club sets,make a level distance eg 280 then have say options on clubs how easy or how hard you want to play game.Newbies to game need easier options,Die hard players need complete opposite

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 02:40:00 PM »
Oh, lets talk society leaderboards (again).

Please make leaderboards great again - HB!

- Reveal scores properly based on players position for final two rounds. So if Im in 5th place there will be two Groups playing behind me. Then when my round is finished reveal their scores in steps hole by hole to give some suspense.

- Bring back the feature from previous games that autopaired the player with the ghosts closest to them on the leaderboard.

- when playing with a ghost, make sure they are in sync with me on the leaderboard. This is a really annoying bug.

HB - you said that feature removal when making societies was nessecary but that societies would grow into something much better than what was there before. Time to deliver on that.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2019, 07:16:17 PM »
Oh, lets talk society leaderboards (again).

Please make leaderboards great again - HB!

- Reveal scores properly based on players position for final two rounds. So if Im in 5th place there will be two Groups playing behind me. Then when my round is finished reveal their scores in steps hole by hole to give some suspense.

- Bring back the feature from previous games that autopaired the player with the ghosts closest to them on the leaderboard.

- when playing with a ghost, make sure they are in sync with me on the leaderboard. This is a really annoying bug.

HB - you said that feature removal when making societies was nessecary but that societies would grow into something much better than what was there before. Time to deliver on that.

Hear hear!  I subscribe to all of these, especially the bolded one!  I have been leading the parade for this reform to occur since day one!  I'm tired of having to close my eyes to the leaderboard in between holes, so the status of my playing companions, either as turn enabled ghost players, or as ghost balls, won't revealed to me for up to 12 holes into the future! 
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2019, 07:34:35 AM »
One thing as well i forgot to add for the course designer if it is still in there,Any chance you can add different waypoints for different Tees Nothing more frustrating when you designing a course and you have a waypoint only 150 yards away etc for red tee players.

Holmes108

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2019, 10:06:43 AM »
Local multiplayer with multiple gamertags signed in, like every other game please!

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

liquidsnake000

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 04:01:43 AM »
Please don't forget the Drop's from water option please.....just a surface you can place down like OOB,and ball will be placed on there.

Also i Know (chad) fixed this for PC users,Shocking the naming of course interface was never fixed.(let us down badly there HB).

Pretty please as well let us go back to TGC1 days as well and let us have a 4 day set up option for a Course.

Any chance of a Pot Bunker.

Got to say this is a personal view i thought the Firmness setting was the worst of the 3 games so far as well in tgc 2019,might need a new game engine to fix that one i feel.
I think the last part of this post about a new engine is a must, especially if you are to get an new fresh look to this game, which I think after five years is starting to look alittle tired.
bring on 2019 tgc.

jeffbdvs

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 06:12:55 AM »
Great post, Neil! And the feedback that follows is spot- on as well.

Yeltzy, you mentioned drop zones (surfaces?). That absolutely needs fixing. The drop zone mechanic and logic in the game is seriously broken.

Please fix the flight path alteration due to fast or slow downswings. A change in club head speed should alter distance, not path. If you’re trying to simulate late or early swing contact relative to the hips, then maybe you should label it something else. Like early contact or late contact? But Fast and Slow downswings should only affect distance. There’s no way a slow downswing should generate an extra 20 yds of distance compared to a perfect downswing. And there’s no way this “power fade” mechanic should affect short game shots like pitches, chips and flops
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

HB_ShaunW

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2019, 08:44:46 AM »
One thing I will jump in and confirm because I have seen it all over the place, is people talking about TGC in regard to needing a new engine. There is nothing wrong with Unity at all. Limitations to visual improvements, which I believe is the source of these comments, comes down to the number of resources available and the timeline of the project, same as any other feature development. There will be limitations with any engine that is used, there isn't a single one that 'does it all', but we have barely scratched the surface of what this engine is capable of and it's only getting better with each and every update we receive. I don't expect we will shift away from Unity in any short time frame. As the old saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day".

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2019, 10:00:10 AM »
We are a passionate golf crowd on here,,,, sometimes to the point of being annoying at times.   What are you gonna do?
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

Martbloke

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2019, 12:53:22 PM »
A lot of good ideas here and some of which I have thought about mentioning in a hefty post but for now there's 1 I've been meaning to mention and before I forget here it is......facility to save more than 1 club bag.

I've amended what clubs I use to make the PGA TOUR mode more enjoyable by replacing the driver with a 3W then having a 5W and 3I down. Usually I'd have a driver and a 2W. If for some reason I decide to go back on any other mode that requires me to compete I will have to change my clubs back but any customisation of the club (head, shaft, colour etc) will go back to default. Therefore being able to have more than 1 saved club bag would help out.

Andrew Hobson

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2019, 05:00:38 AM »
Owing to the deafening silence around here from anyone to do with HB, I can only assume there is a new version in the works.
So with that in mind, this is my list of things I think really should be put in the next version. It would be great to see what others think too.

1 - In Matchplay Games.
A - Add a "concede Putt" button
B - Add a "concede  Hole" button.
C - Please fix the broken Handicap recording. Someone who loses a hole to a birdie yet would certainly have made par if they putted should not get recorded as a bogey for handicap purposes. That is just stupid.

2 - Whilst we are talking about Handicaps, please get rid of the stupid positive handicaps. Why add new rules to Golf - you are either playing scratch or to a Handicap - DJ, Rory etc do not give the course 10 shots each round, so why is my handicap at +10? Seems stupid.

3 - Can we have a way to change ball position in stance please, moving the ball backwards or forwards?

4 - Can we please have a way to move the position on the tee box from dead bloody centre all the time? With this, on some courses that have tight tees or tree cover, all it takes is the wrong wind direction & you cannot hit the fairway - period. Yet the same hole, moving the ball to the left or the right of the tee box would work just fine.
It's not only the wind or trees - sometimes the middle of the box is simply not where anyone would tee up. Please amend this.

5 - Can we have a proper bunker shot? You do not flop out of a bunker, or chip, or pitch yet all are possible from greenside bunkers. This is silly. I want to tell the controller how much sand I want to take in order to control distance. Be serious - greenside bunkers are the one shot where you do not - ever - try to actually hit the ball!!!!!

6 - Backspin.
Every week, I watch live golf & see players spinning the ball - this is almost impossible in TGC 2019. Why? The tactic of shooting over the pin & spinning back is simply not available.

7 - Please fix the broken tempo swing mechanic. Perfect/slow drives should not travel 20 yards plus further than a perfect/perfect shot - it is silly.

8 - Last one for now - please, please, PLEASE can we have better course maps? Currently, the hole overview is hopelessly inadequate and often I cannot even see the damned tee box in it either making the right line without aids a matter of blind chance at times. Also please amend the way you cannot get a close up of the green - we need Pin Maps, that show the green contours & slopes - right now unless I am within flop distance I get nothing at all with scout cam off.
More information and zoomable maps please - with proper yardages on it, not just a few randomly selected locations.

I am only moaning because this is close - very close - to being great.
Re: handicaps. Irl the amateur golfer plays off a +handicap whereas the pro golfer DO actually play off a  -handicap. Tiger woods and all will probably be playing off around -10 handicap.
In this respect hb have it right, although maybe the wrong way round. Try playing stableford or matchplay, if you have a +handicap you will be giving shots to the course or your opponent.

LinksLover

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2019, 08:29:58 AM »
A few pro players are members of a club and have official handicaps. I remember an article in Today's Golfer around five years ago and they listed half a dozen PGA Tour pros and their official handicaps. The one I remember was Phil Mickleson, who's handicap at the time was +7.4
PUBLISHED
Angus Bay International (2019)
Northwood Golf Club TGC (2019)
Clayton Wood Golf Club (2)
Angus Bay International G. C. (2)
Quirk Park (2)
IN PROGRESS
The Swiss Wall

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2019, 06:01:40 AM »
Owing to the deafening silence around here from anyone to do with HB, I can only assume there is a new version in the works.
So with that in mind, this is my list of things I think really should be put in the next version. It would be great to see what others think too.

1 - In Matchplay Games.
A - Add a "concede Putt" button
B - Add a "concede  Hole" button.
C - Please fix the broken Handicap recording. Someone who loses a hole to a birdie yet would certainly have made par if they putted should not get recorded as a bogey for handicap purposes. That is just stupid.

2 - Whilst we are talking about Handicaps, please get rid of the stupid positive handicaps. Why add new rules to Golf - you are either playing scratch or to a Handicap - DJ, Rory etc do not give the course 10 shots each round, so why is my handicap at +10? Seems stupid.

3 - Can we have a way to change ball position in stance please, moving the ball backwards or forwards?

4 - Can we please have a way to move the position on the tee box from dead bloody centre all the time? With this, on some courses that have tight tees or tree cover, all it takes is the wrong wind direction & you cannot hit the fairway - period. Yet the same hole, moving the ball to the left or the right of the tee box would work just fine.
It's not only the wind or trees - sometimes the middle of the box is simply not where anyone would tee up. Please amend this.

5 - Can we have a proper bunker shot? You do not flop out of a bunker, or chip, or pitch yet all are possible from greenside bunkers. This is silly. I want to tell the controller how much sand I want to take in order to control distance. Be serious - greenside bunkers are the one shot where you do not - ever - try to actually hit the ball!!!!!

6 - Backspin.
Every week, I watch live golf & see players spinning the ball - this is almost impossible in TGC 2019. Why? The tactic of shooting over the pin & spinning back is simply not available.

7 - Please fix the broken tempo swing mechanic. Perfect/slow drives should not travel 20 yards plus further than a perfect/perfect shot - it is silly.

8 - Last one for now - please, please, PLEASE can we have better course maps? Currently, the hole overview is hopelessly inadequate and often I cannot even see the damned tee box in it either making the right line without aids a matter of blind chance at times. Also please amend the way you cannot get a close up of the green - we need Pin Maps, that show the green contours & slopes - right now unless I am within flop distance I get nothing at all with scout cam off.
More information and zoomable maps please - with proper yardages on it, not just a few randomly selected locations.

I am only moaning because this is close - very close - to being great.
Re: handicaps. Irl the amateur golfer plays off a +handicap whereas the pro golfer DO actually play off a  -handicap. Tiger woods and all will probably be playing off around -10 handicap.
In this respect hb have it right, although maybe the wrong way round. Try playing stableford or matchplay, if you have a +handicap you will be giving shots to the course or your opponent.

No, they got it right.

A plus HCP gives shots to the course.

But the system breaks down a bit when Going feel into plus HCP as the impact of the slope gets inverted.

The slope is a number depicting the relative difficulty of the course for a bogey golfer compared to a scratch golfer. It is centered around 113 (due to the point system used when rating courses). A slope above 113 means that a high handicap gets relatively more shots than a low handicap player while a slope above 113 means the opposite so the high handicap gets relatively more shots. Slopes between 125 and 140 are common on normal courses and 110-120 on “executive courses”.

However - for plus handicaps this relationship gets reversed - so a +5 will actually give back relatively less shots to the course than a +1. Its an effect of the system not being designed for anything better than scratch (0 hcp). It is a small and usually insignificant effect, but it is there.

liquidsnake000

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2019, 04:15:25 AM »
One thing I will jump in and confirm because I have seen it all over the place, is people talking about TGC in regard to needing a new engine. There is nothing wrong with Unity at all. Limitations to visual improvements, which I believe is the source of these comments, comes down to the number of resources available and the timeline of the project, same as any other feature development. There will be limitations with any engine that is used, there isn't a single one that 'does it all', but we have barely scratched the surface of what this engine is capable of and it's only getting better with each and every update we receive. I don't expect we will shift away from Unity in any short time frame. As the old saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day".
That's great shaun, the only thing is with what you have said is between tgc2 and tgc19 there was virtually no difference between the two games graphically at all, in fact with some of the trees some people are saying its even took a little step backwards, yet we were charged 45 pounds for the new game, surely you can see whats wrong with that, and as ive mentioned in a couple of other posts, if peferct golf and tgc use the same engine unity, how come they look poles apart in their appearance?, im not a games programmer or graphic designer, so maybe you could throw some light on it for us.

Im not panning hbstudios or any of your guys work, you say not one engine does it all, well if you got the textures and colours off pg, and the gameplay off tgc, theres your world class golf game right there in a nutshell, it just needs a little tweaking here and there maybe.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 04:39:04 AM by liquidsnake000 »
bring on 2019 tgc.

space-cash