Ferryman's Tipple

• 6 Replies

Ffrog

• GroupMember
« on: July 25, 2019, 06:58:26 PM »
Welcome to Ferryman’s Tipple, the best kept secret in fictional golf. The course is only accessible from the mainland by boat - the clubhouse is at the end of an inlet, and you will sail past many of the holes as you arrive. The course takes its name from the par 3 5th hole:

After your teeshot, the ferryman will row you across the mouth of the inlet to the green. It's good manners to make sure your golf bag has a bottle of whisky inside for the ferryman, just in case you get a hole in one :-)

This a highlands course that plays 7348 yards from the longest tees, which are designed for master clubs. There are shorter tees for pro and beginner clubs. It should be perfectly playable in any conditions, although defaults are fast and firm. Enjoy your round!

A few more pics:

NB: because of the bug with the highlands theme, it has published with soft fairways as default. If you are playing with default (firm) greens, I recommend changing the fairways to firm for a consistent feel.

Ffrog

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 05:02:03 PM »
I've recorded a video of me playing through the front 9 and talking a bit about the course here: https://youtu.be/-p8TJdeY-Dc

Holed a flop shot for a nice eagle on the par 5 7th hole. But then the pressure of recording my own course got to me, and I triple bogied the par 3 8th after my teeshot didn't reach the green  :(

Don't get a slow backswing on that hole!

EwanH1

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 10:30:49 AM »
Played it in alt shot this morning & have now added it to a list for a friend’s society. Really enjoyed it ,thought it played really well. Good effort man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ffrog

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 05:24:06 AM »
Played it in alt shot this morning & have now added it to a list for a friend’s society. Really enjoyed it ,thought it played really well. Good effort man

Thanks for playing, glad you enjoyed it  :)

Ffrog

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 05:55:04 PM »
Just published the video of me playing and talking through the back 9: https://youtu.be/c0j-LAm6oyA

I blame all the slow backswings on recording and playing at the same time. Again had one at a critical moment, resulting in a wet ball on the par 5 14th.

Eduarshk

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 01:22:09 PM »
Hi. Congratulations! Its a beautiful course, really have enjoyed the round, I thought it would be easy because I eagled the first one, but no, i suffer the rest of the way.  :(  Very creative holes!!!

My Favourite, par 3 - 16th, excellent hole, it is so realistic. Like it very much!!!

Cheers...
Course design:
- Cabo Tortuga Mazatlán
- El Jaguar GC (Yucatan CC) - RCR

Ffrog

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 06:37:28 PM »
Hi. Congratulations! Its a beautiful course, really have enjoyed the round, I thought it would be easy because I eagled the first one, but no, i suffer the rest of the way.  :(  Very creative holes!!!

My Favourite, par 3 - 16th, excellent hole, it is so realistic. Like it very much!!!

Cheers...
Thank you for the kind words, glad you enjoyed it :)

Especially pleased to hear you liked the 16th, I made some late changes to that one before publishing (thanks to some feedback from a beta tester), which improved the feel of the hole.

space-cash