Lofoten Links

• 4 Replies

AndersNM

« on: August 16, 2019, 07:53:44 AM »
Lofoten Links in northern Norway. The course is located at Gimsoeya in Lofoten and designed by Jeremy Turner. More info can be found here: https://www.top100golfcourses.com/golf-course/lofoten-links.

I would highly recommend strong winds and fast greens for a challenging round of golf. I do hope I gave the course justice.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 11:22:53 AM »
I hope i played the right course there was 3 others there with same sort of picture just played newest one.Usually moan about 187 greens but with this course being so short thought it suited the course well for me challenge wise.Left myself in a few awkward spots and it cost me a few shots,for a short course really enjoyed.The sim guys might enjoy this one.

AndersNM

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 12:08:56 PM »
Yes, it is the right course.
The 3 others are the same course published three times (I don't know why that course is published three times) - I didn't know anyone had done this course, though you now can compare lidar to non-lidar.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:56:19 PM by AndersNM »

ErnieEls

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 05:58:02 PM »
Well done!

I just played the course on my PlayStation and I was instantly brought back to my round on this course a few years ago.

Itˋs a shame the course plays so easy on the PlayStation, it really dies nit in real life. I will definetly try it on my simulator.

The only thing I would change is the amount of high rough and bushes you placed. The course looks a bit too clean to me. Maybe this is due to the plantmeter but perhaps you could add some more.

I gave it ***** never the less.

Ivo

AndersNM

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 03:39:36 AM »
Well done!

I just played the course on my PlayStation and I was instantly brought back to my round on this course a few years ago.

Itˋs a shame the course plays so easy on the PlayStation, it really dies nit in real life. I will definetly try it on my simulator.

The only thing I would change is the amount of high rough and bushes you placed. The course looks a bit too clean to me. Maybe this is due to the plantmeter but perhaps you could add some more.

I gave it ***** never the less.

Ivo

Thanks for the feedback

Yes, it do look too neat. To me, it seems the designer is suited best for neat parkland courses (which we don't have a lot of in Norway). I find lack of scrubs and textures (I tried some dirt textures and I didn't like the look of it) in the designer - so wilderness is something that isn't easy. I have said it before - I think we need more textures - tall grass, scrubs, rocky terrain, different kinds of dirt. And it need to blend together so not create hard lines between them to look natural.

space-cash