Deleted Content of a famous Course/other names

• 455 Replies

leslie.sangster

« Reply #450 on: September 13, 2019, 06:46:58 PM »
I thought it was just the name that was asterixed. I didn't know courses were being deleted. Crazy not to offer people any explanation after all the effort people have made. Players creating courses are working on this game a long time after hb stopped !
I don’t think HB have deleted any courses just made it difficult to find them I remember them saying they can’t do that because it messes up their database.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #451 on: September 13, 2019, 09:30:02 PM »
I'll tell you one group that cares about ownership and the copyrights, etc. -- The Members at Augusta! Most courses would be thrilled to have the chance to be included as an option but not them. Not without paying for it anyway.

The only thing copyrighted to them is THE MASTERS and some images, you are not making money, you don't have the word MASTERS in anywhere so they CANNOT do anything. You are all so scared of Augusta and I was at one time to when I got a cease and desist for making it to. I could do it again and call it Augusta and I would not be a scared of them anymore. Have you talked to an attorney about this? I have, again Augusta National would have a hard time winning. Just because it looks like it doesn't mean it is it because it is not a perfect copy, everything has to be exact and not a likeness for them to win.

I thought about finishing my own FANTASY design but I won't give HB Studios the satisfaction of someday taking it out of the searches or modifying its name because of being SCAREDY CATS about a name. I will never buy another TGC whatever or design for this game again. There are consequences to ____ over the users.

You mean like a lidar version?  I agree with you about the other words. Seems like a reach to say we own magnolia and even the word masters.  Or the town name Augusta.  All vague terms when not put together exactly how that one certain course is named.
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

stan_solo

« Reply #452 on: September 14, 2019, 07:59:33 AM »

We don't want them wiping the courses on 2 as well  ..

cephyn

« Reply #453 on: September 20, 2019, 11:58:52 AM »
#stillnoanswers
Edgemoor Castle
Driftless Hills
Roadrunner Mesa
The Willowisp
The Course at Cycad Reach

McBogga

• GroupMember

jeffbdvs

« Reply #455 on: September 21, 2019, 01:37:05 AM »
#JustTryAndFindTheLatestRCROfAugustaNationalTheMastersGreenJacketSmellTheMagnoliasNow

#WillBeDeletedSoon
How did I make a twelve on a par five hole? It's simple - I missed a four foot putt for an eleven.
 - Arnold Palmer

space-cash