TGC 2020 STILL No news ?

• 372 Replies

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #345 on: March 25, 2020, 10:52:06 AM »
I still play a lot of rory golf for that immersive feel that JE is talking about.

fecking hell still playing that pile of S--t you deserve a medal

For a 5 yr old game it looks much better than tgc '19 and on 3 click hard it's tough.  I use zoom only on the green and the puttings decent that way.
I think the putting stroke is not a patch on TGC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What?
Created RCR Courses: 
Links at Lighthouse Sound
nicknamed "The Pebble Beach of the East"

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

War Admiral at GlenRiddle
2017 top 40 places to play in Maryland

Legends- Moorland Course
#37 Toughest Course in U.S.- Golf Digest
Americas top courses '03 & '09

leslie.sangster

« Reply #346 on: March 25, 2020, 10:54:25 AM »
I still play a lot of rory golf for that immersive feel that JE is talking about.

For a 5 yr old game it looks much better than tgc '19 and on 3 click hard it's tough.  I use zoom only on the green and the puttings decent that way.
I think the putting stroke is not a patch on TGC

What?
I don’t think the putting stroke is great on Rory it’s a backward step from even the last TW game

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #347 on: March 25, 2020, 12:36:02 PM »
I don’t think the putting stroke is great on Rory it’s a backward step from even the last TW game

^^^ This is the number one reason why I stopped playing Rory after only a couple months.  :(

-MERACE

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #348 on: March 25, 2020, 01:20:44 PM »

^^^ This is the number one reason why I stopped playing Rory after only a couple months.  :(

-MERACE

I didn't like the flickery nature of the animation of the ball rolling on the green either.  It looked more like a flashing 2D blip being painted on the screen.  If you lasted a couple of months with this game, you hung with it a month longer than I did :D

The thing that mostly killed Rory for me though was the twitchy swing interface that used a lighted bubble to indicate when you'd reached the desired power level in your backswing.  It didn't require much in the way of feel, it was more of a 'pull stick until power bubble lights then flick stick forward' exercise.  It had no feel to it because you could dial in your desired carry distance over a much wider range than TGC, then all you had to do was pull the stick, light the bubble, and flick forward... the faster the better.  It just didn't register with me at all.

I did reload the game a while back after reading some of the revival praise for its 3-click swing interface performance.  I'll admit it's a different and better game using the 3-click interface; it's a much more realistic challenge and doesn't feel hokey... but it's still a 3-click interface which for whatever reason doesn't wear long with me.  I lost my love for 3-click interfaces in 1998, when I experienced Sierra Online's TrueSwing mouse interface.  After a couple of 3-click rounds with Rory, my malaise with 3-click had reared its head again, and I was done.   
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #349 on: March 25, 2020, 01:46:40 PM »
I'm good with the rory putting with the grids off and green zoom on .  It does play pretty realistic but, I've always loved tgc's. Putting without the distance limiting marker.  Well, looks like HB will be making future golf games so hopefully there are many options and the game continues getting better.
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

jeffield

• GroupMember
« Reply #350 on: March 25, 2020, 01:47:31 PM »
It's so boring, there's been no real golf game news for like a year and a half now.
Created RCR Courses: 

Links at Gettysburg
golf digest 4.5/5 stars

Legends- Moorland Course

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #351 on: March 25, 2020, 02:39:12 PM »
It's so boring, there's been no real golf game news for like a year and a half now.

It has been the slowest 18 months in golf gaming history, but it pales in comparison to what everyone is having to deal with in the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic.   
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #352 on: March 25, 2020, 04:31:16 PM »

Lol I removed that game from my hardrive so long ago. Still mad I paid full price for it.

RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

FRSTDWN

« Reply #353 on: March 25, 2020, 04:35:21 PM »
I forgot which thread I put the bet up that my MP club would hit 3000 before we heard about a new game.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #354 on: March 25, 2020, 06:49:54 PM »
This thread FRSTDWN... you asked how many pages it would go before we had official word on a successor for TGC 2019.  I went with 29, and we're at 24 now, but I made that call in the pre-COVID-19 era.  Then again 29 may be a good number if the forum traffic continues to taper off...
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

FRSTDWN

« Reply #355 on: March 26, 2020, 03:59:05 PM »
Hard to believe how long it has been with no news.

For anyone looking for a new free game that is a lot of fun while you are stuck in your house DL COD Warzone. I never thought I would play a COD game again being a sim player.  PUBG is still better in some ways but man this game is a lot of fun.

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #356 on: March 26, 2020, 06:16:05 PM »
I still play a lot of rory golf for that immersive feel that JE is talking about.  If it looks good and plays well I'm all in.  Course creator is really nice but I dont need it. It's like stadium creator in mlb the show.  Would be a nice feature but in no way does not having it detract from a beautiful / feature rich well playing game with 40+ stadiums already in the game.
  As for gameplay, it's all about options.  Just look at the newly reopened rory daily and weekly tournaments.  A lot of arcade players but, also a good many tour and classic 3 click players too.

Let me clarify a few things.  The TGC franchise that we've all come to love,  just might be history moving forward.  If I'm HB studios, I'm rebuilding this game from the ground up knowing that it needs to be lights out realistic,  and this can't be accomplished on an outdated version of unity.

I hope that when the new game comes out the course creator is part of the equation for sure,  but I was being honest when I said that I am and have always been about the visuals/environment.  If the game came out and looked mind blowing and played very well I could enjoy less courses if that is what I had to do.  I guess at the end of the day I wonder how much can HB squeeze into the new game?  We have to remind ourselves that they have mountains of data that tell them what they've possibly done wrong in the past to help shape their future business model.

I have no inside info on the new game so anything I'm saying is purely speculation.  We all want the same thing and that is some possible news on whats been going on.  There is no doubt in my mind that if they're were out of the video golf market we would of heard something by now.  My guess is their working their butts off bringing the tgc franchise into the next generation.

So you and Johneric would be perfectly happy playing the same mostly crappy courses put out by HB?  I am afraid that would really ruin it for me.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

kgboomer

« Reply #357 on: March 27, 2020, 12:38:17 AM »
i are going back to Tiger 08 leaves this game so far behind in so many ways.

Ha, I just went back to Tiger 08 because I was bored.  I've got to admit it's a lot of fun going thru the Tiger challenges.  I'll never see fun like that in a new golf video game, that's for sure.

Happy

« Reply #358 on: March 27, 2020, 10:21:43 PM »
well well a new game incoming, why am i not shocked. freaking out like junkies....... ;D
Go in the hole ball!

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #359 on: March 28, 2020, 12:17:41 PM »
Hard to believe how long it has been with no news.

For anyone looking for a new free game that is a lot of fun while you are stuck in your house DL COD Warzone. I never thought I would play a COD game again being a sim player.  PUBG is still better in some ways but man this game is a lot of fun.

COD Warzone eh?  I'll have to download that and give it a whirl.  I flat out suck at PUBG because I don't know how to move about stealthily.  I last about as long in the game as a guest star in a landing party on the original Star Trek TV series!  Maybe I'll fare a little better in COD Warzone?  I just got to thinking... I haven't tried a COD game since the original, 17 years ago!?  Maybe it is time I tried it again!
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash