Two WIPs, two different concepts

• 7 Replies

Celtic wolf

« on: November 25, 2019, 06:27:05 AM »
These 2 WIPs may amount to nothing or they may spark a few ideas and get published. One will be a tournament ready full 18 course done in the rustic theme, the other is a mini golf course with a natural look to it.

The 1st hole on the tour course is a short par 4 with 2 options off the tee, you can go straight ahead to leave you a wedge or short iron shot to the green. The other riskier option is to carry the bunker on the left with a driver to leave a pitch shot to the putting surface.

The 1st hole on the mini golf course has 2 bunkers made with a fairway surface which will allow the player to use a putter to escape the hazard.
TGC 2019 Courses

Bayerischer Golfplatz
Wolf's Fang (Tour)
Wolf's Fang Golf Club
Desert Wolf
Wolf's Trail (Tour)

Celtic wolf

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 07:29:14 PM »
First 2 holes are finished, both have options off the tee which may need to negotiate bunkers. Although the bunkers are made of fairway they would be best avoided as the slope will leave a difficult shot with the putter.

TGC 2019 Courses

Bayerischer Golfplatz
Wolf's Fang (Tour)
Wolf's Fang Golf Club
Desert Wolf
Wolf's Trail (Tour)

Celtic wolf

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 08:14:09 PM »
The 3rd is a longer hole with options for how you want to approach the hole. A lot of the work I'm doing on this course is experimental as I'm trying out different ways to create a mini golf course.

TGC 2019 Courses

Bayerischer Golfplatz
Wolf's Fang (Tour)
Wolf's Fang Golf Club
Desert Wolf
Wolf's Trail (Tour)

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 10:46:20 PM »
Really interesting concept here Wolf.....  Not many courses have bunkers inside the Green...  I did 1 hole in my 2 courses, 4 Pines project but was really skeptical about publishing it.....  Kudos.  I’m looking forward to it.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Celtic wolf

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 02:26:35 AM »
Really interesting concept here Wolf.....  Not many courses have bunkers inside the Green...  I did 1 hole in my 2 courses, 4 Pines project but was really skeptical about publishing it.....  Kudos.  I’m looking forward to it.
Cheers, it's a putt putt course and I was wanting to avoid using objects as obstacles so I decided to use bunkers as hazards. The bunkers are just a bit of fairway that's shaped and sculpted like bunkers, this means even if you land in them you can still get out with a putter.

Yeah I seen you done the 4 courses on the one plot, well done it's good to see designers change things up a bit.
TGC 2019 Courses

Bayerischer Golfplatz
Wolf's Fang (Tour)
Wolf's Fang Golf Club
Desert Wolf
Wolf's Trail (Tour)

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 12:13:46 PM »
Cheers, it's a putt putt course and I was wanting to avoid using objects as obstacles so I decided to use bunkers as hazards. The bunkers are just a bit of fairway that's shaped and sculpted like bunkers, this means even if you land in them you can still get out with a putter.

Yeah I seen you done the 4 courses on the one plot, well done it's good to see designers change things up a bit.

Nice !!!
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

SAM

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 12:22:33 PM »
Are these beauties gonna be published together Wolfy?

"Long you live and high you fly,
but only if you ride the tide,
balanced on the biggest wave,
you race toward an early grave."

Celtic wolf

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2019, 08:22:30 PM »
Are these beauties gonna be published together Wolfy?
I don't think so, I'm kinda ahead on the mini golf course as I've got 5 holes done and the other has 3 holes done. I might need to get some planting done on both because planting 2 courses at the same time might tip me over the edge.

By the way I stole your idea of using the wire fencing around  the border for more bounce.
TGC 2019 Courses

Bayerischer Golfplatz
Wolf's Fang (Tour)
Wolf's Fang Golf Club
Desert Wolf
Wolf's Trail (Tour)

space-cash