Jules Haven Wilderness Golf

• 2 Replies

Tuco

« on: December 04, 2019, 08:42:39 PM »
Jules Haven Wilderness Golf saw publication in the first two iterations of The Golf Club.  When TGC2019 arrived, I was very disappointed that HB had removed the spruce trees from the boreal theme.  I liked what spruce trees did for my course.  When they were removed, I moped.  But finally, I went back into the designer and made adjustments for life without them.  And so here I am, finally publishing this third version.

Jules Haven Wilderness Golf is a fictional course located in a fictional area of British Columbia, Canada.  If I were to guestimate, through the three iterations of the course, I have likely spent somewhere between 200 and 250 hours on the design and modifications.

The tees have a "standard" set of three: blue, white, and red.  The fourth set -- the gold -- is actually very similar yardage-wise to the blue tees, but offer a different angle to the fairways.

Red = 6,504
White = 6,919
Blue = 7,346
Gold = 7,331

My original intention for the course was to make it appear as though it was carved from a forest wilderness.  I like to think that it does exactly that.

With the following screenshots, I have taken some artistic license and adjusted lighting to achieve dramatic photos.  However, be assured that when you play the game, the time of day and lighting will allow the greens to be 98% shadow free.

I hope that if you try the course, you will be rewarded with challenging and satisfying rounds.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 08:44:27 PM by Tuco »
The Golf Club 2019:

The Links at Dakota Bay

The Golf Club 2:

The Links at Dakota Bay

Tuco

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 08:44:05 PM »
More images.
The Golf Club 2019: