Wind bug after latest update

• 8 Replies

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« on: April 26, 2015, 10:28:11 AM »
We played several TB rounds last night,   being myself,  pinging and ddawg and we were all getting different winds.   At one point pingzing was on the tee telling us he had 11mph winds while on our screen it was telling us he had 3 or 4 mph.    No matter who was up we were seeing a different wind speeds than what the actual golfer was getting.    We were set to animation none if that matters.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 04:47:40 PM »
I will pass that info along.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 10:07:31 AM »
One of the guys was in Australia,  not sure if that makes a difference.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Pubknight

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 10:21:32 AM »
Not just a PC thing.
http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=9094.0

One of my friends mentioned this to Anthony in the last live feed, and Anthony indicated he was never aware of it, and that it should be reported as a bug.
We reported it back in February.

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 11:22:53 AM »
I was aware of a few months back, but I hadn't heard about it again since we fixed it.
We're looking at it again

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 12:08:27 PM »
I was aware of a few months back, but I hadn't heard about it again since we fixed it.
We're looking at it again

Anthony,

Just for the record,  I never really noticed the wind readings being different before this last update on the PC,  but I'm telling you after the last update it is indeed different by quite alot.
The whole  game each guy was seeing different wind speeds.   At one time I had 3 mph but the other guys saw my wind as 5 or 6 mph.    There was a time when I saw Pingzing (Australia) his wind at  4mph but he said it was at 9mph.

Like I said,  something isnt right for sure,  or at least it wasn't right a couple of nights ago.   I haven't had a chance to test again because I've been too busy but please keep us posted.

Pubknight

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 01:11:03 PM »
Anthony, you indicated it had been fixed.
To be completely candid, at least on PS4, we never saw any evidence of a fix.
What we see now is the same as we saw before, which is why we thought it had fallen through the cracks.

Bilko57

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 01:43:17 PM »
Sorry Anthony I have been busy and not had time to message you about the point I brought up in the live twitch feed. Pubknght is right , one of our friends , JohnnyRingo had reported this problem, back on the 2nd of February. it has never been fixed as far as we have seen on PS4. It is that common place , we don't even mention it to each other anymore really. But just by looking at their shots live, you not only notice different wind, but also different wind directions. It has been like this since the turn of the year, that's when we first noticed it.
I also mentioned on Wednesday, that course loading times have slowed down as well, since the last update, which improved loading times dramatically. It is not as slow as it was before the update, but it is definitely slower than it was post update. This is on the PS4, and there a number of us seeing this problem. Hope this helps, in trying to sort out the above mentioned problems
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:49:27 PM by Bilko57 »

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2015, 02:10:18 PM »
Anthony,

Yes as Pubknight, and Bilko57 has confirmed--we still see substantially different wind speeds/directions on the PS4 while playing simultaneously.  (non turn based, as we did not do turn based).  We discussed it this weekend on each ole, and still noticed different wind speeds from the UK, central USA, and Eastern USA, despite all of us being on the same course/same hole/same time.  Winds varied as few as 1-2 MPH (which is to be expected)--but at times it was 5+ MPH differences.

I can confirm similar course loading times as Bilko57 that were very, very fast during the first week or two after the recent update on the PS4.  The times have slowly degraded, but not nearly as slow as prior to the most recent update.  But it is noticeable.

John

space-cash