Please More Camera Updates. - Adam?

• 35 Replies

Js1010

« on: April 29, 2015, 04:03:25 PM »
Adam,   Anthony mentioned in one of the twitch feeds that you would have more time for camera work after the April update.   Curious what you are /  will be working on?

I would like to put in a request for two camera changes/ options.

1.   Please update the scout cam when around the green so its stops at the pin even if the yardage for the club you have selected goes further than the pin.   I am a tgc protee user and using the keyboard to back up is not ideal.   May not be so bad with controller in your hands.  I know about changing scout cam  to green mode but cant give up scout cam going to the landing area everywhere else.

2.   Can we have a version of Follow Cam that waits until the ball get past it apex and is on the descent and then starts following.  So maybe follows after 2/3 of the way through the air.    Again, being a Protee user , there is not enough time to swing and hit a real ball then run to the computer to hit the space bar to activate the follow cam like some are doing with other versions of the game.

Thanks for considering

Nightowl

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 04:12:02 PM »
Good suggestions.  Limited cameras mean a sameness (and eventually staleness) of presentation.  I hope we see more options in the future.  Near and on the green, we can click the left stick to lock-in a camera view.  Would something similar be possible elsewhere on the course?

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 04:47:33 AM »
I posited a question for the HB Studios Twitch stream yesterday about having a reverse angle camera switch option on demand (although I'd like to have one that would automatically switch at say 50/67/75/85% or the ball's travel) from the golfer's view.  Jordan answered it with a response that suggested something like it would be well down the road, although I got the impression he thought I was speaking more of having that angle available during replays... I strictly had live play in mind.

You can hear Jordan's response to this question in yesterday's Twitch video here: http://www.twitch.tv/hb_studios/v/4506482

The question is posed to him by Keith at ~40:25 into the video.  I got the impression that something like this isn't on the radar right now.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 12:37:46 PM »
I really believe that enhancing the camera options for both live and replay shots needs to be moved up the priority list. When HBS added the option to switch the live camera view from the stationary golfer view to follow view on demand that it made it feel almost like a new game to me.

Thankfully, Adam, the physics and camera developer seems just about as excited as some of us are to add more camera options into TGC. I'm hoping that his enthusiam is contagious and Anthony gets infected with it soon.  ;)

-MERACE

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 01:58:20 PM »
I really believe that enhancing the camera options for both live and replay shots needs to be moved up the priority list. When HBS added the option to switch the live camera view from the stationary golfer view to follow view on demand that it made it feel almost like a new game to me.

I'm surprised it's not higher on the priority list myself.  The option to switch to follow camera on demand was very well received by The Golf Club gamers.  I got the impression that the devs were surprised at how well it was received.  The reverse angle option would be even more popularly received, IMO... it would give the presentation a radical new dynamic!
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

AdamV HB

• GroupMember
  • Physics / Camera Engineer
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 02:12:58 PM »
There are many camera options I'd love to get in.  I'd like to say it's all for the community but in truth, I have more selfish motivations...

"I'm not just the president.. I'm also a client!" ~ President of hair club for men

I am playing in tournaments every week wishing for more camera options.  So believe me.  They will get done.  Because I want them done as badly as the community does.

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2015, 02:38:53 PM »
There are many camera options I'd love to get in.  I'd like to say it's all for the community but in truth, I have more selfish motivations...

"I'm not just the president.. I'm also a client!" ~ President of hair club for men

I am playing in tournaments every week wishing for more camera options.  So believe me.  They will get done.  Because I want them done as badly as the community does.

I'm just hoping that it doesn't take getting Anthony's portrait tattooed on my arse to get it done like johneric8 had to do to get the tropical theme in the game.  ;) ;D

-MERACE

Nightowl

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2015, 03:04:10 PM »
Soon is not soon enough for more camera options, as far as I'm concerned.  ;)

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2015, 04:12:02 PM »
I've got my $10, Reverse Angle Camera DLC funding approved ;) ;D
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 04:13:59 PM »

That says it all folks.. you sold me  :)
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

rdh

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 04:25:06 PM »
I have a camera request specific to the simulator users.  I don't have the software for my simulator yet (planning to purchase as soon as ProTee makes one change that I require) but looking ahead... 

I would like an option in settings for "Camera start position relative to ball".  Right now the camera starts X number of feet behind the ball...i.e. so you see the ball on screen.  For a simulator, this doesn't make sense - the ball is physically sitting at your feet.  You look up at the screen (however many feet in front of you it's set up) and...there's another ball.  So, i'd like the ability to set it to (for example) "6 feet in front of ball".  This would make far more sense...but it should obviously be a configurable setting.

The one exception here would be once the ball is closer to the hole than the setting, the view should adjust.  i.e. if you have a 2 foot putt and you've set the camera to be 6 feet ahead of the ball, then you wouldn't even see the hole on the screen.  So, there would need to be a bit of intelligence to it.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2015, 12:04:32 PM »
I have a camera request specific to the simulator users.  I don't have the software for my simulator yet (planning to purchase as soon as ProTee makes one change that I require) but looking ahead... 

I would like an option in settings for "Camera start position relative to ball".  Right now the camera starts X number of feet behind the ball...i.e. so you see the ball on screen.  For a simulator, this doesn't make sense - the ball is physically sitting at your feet.  You look up at the screen (however many feet in front of you it's set up) and...there's another ball.  So, i'd like the ability to set it to (for example) "6 feet in front of ball".  This would make far more sense...but it should obviously be a configurable setting.

The one exception here would be once the ball is closer to the hole than the setting, the view should adjust.  i.e. if you have a 2 foot putt and you've set the camera to be 6 feet ahead of the ball, then you wouldn't even see the hole on the screen.  So, there would need to be a bit of intelligence to it.

Yeah, I can see where if you were playing the Pro Tee version, you could use some different camera angles.  I wish i could relate more to simulator user's plight, in this case.  However, I can also see how Pro Tee users could absolutely need something that would be a "nice to have" in the controller based versions - a camera perspective shift (in my case, it will ultimately be to a reverse angle landing camera once that's added) that occurs automatically at a percent of shot travel by the user.  I think the options to shift cameras should include a 50, 67, 80%, automatic switch to your choice of follow or reverse angle, in addition to "switch on demand".  This would meet everyone's needs on the controller platforms and give Pro Tee users access to something they can't easily accomplish now.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

bob5453

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 12:58:13 PM »
........ (in my case, it will ultimately be to a reverse angle landing camera once that's added) that occurs automatically at a percent of shot travel by the user.  I think the options to shift cameras should include a 50, 67, 80%, automatic switch to your choice of follow or reverse angle, in addition to "switch on demand".  This would meet everyone's needs on the controller platforms and give Pro Tee users access to something they can't easily accomplish now.

This would be my biggest camera wish also. I would like to see some intelligent random camera views when the ball is approaching the green. About 50% reverse camera landing for approach shots and definitely about 50% reverse camera on putts. Having an option to choose variable camera views might help to keep the game fresh, having slider options to choose a percentage of each view to display would show a real commitment to your customers wishes. :)
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

Gamr68

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 06:09:24 PM »
I too would love a reverse angle camera added. I feel that it would greatly add to the game and seems to have a fair bit of support.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 12:17:33 AM »
I would be happy if I could have seen my last 2,385 right to left putts that were blocked by my golfer on the ps4.
"We don't see that on our end"

space-cash