Break speeds change viewed from oppisite angles

• 6 Replies

Thrangar

« on: May 13, 2015, 01:19:09 AM »
This has been going on from latest PC patch

Here is what is happening.

assign a value(1 to 4) to the different break speeds as represented by moving grid dashes.

It only happens when break is a low break value (1) when viewed from behind ball it will appear as no moving brake dashes or only a slight break (1)

however when viewed from behind hole the break increases to 100 % or a value of {2)

Some times the value will be the same( 0 to 1) from both angles before you putt, however after putt and putt is now past hole and you are looking back across hole and line you just putted down, there is now a higher break value and good a good reason as to why you missed the putt!

Its happening more and more, please don't tell me I am making this up.
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

Cheagles

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 11:41:15 AM »
Would you be able to get a video of this Thrangar?  Or a Course/Hole that you are able to easily reproduce?

Thrangar

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 06:24:27 PM »
getting a video is easy but uploading to you tube takes longer than my expected remaining life span

any suggestions beside this way...can I zip a fraps video and send or share?

wirenut48

• Retired Electrician IBEW Local 48
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 03:12:02 AM »
I have seen this too, I think the issue is that you are not viewing the same grid, the grid is redrawn from each different viewing angle. So it could be a degree or two off, because of the slope, from the opposite view which could result in the elevation points being slightly different.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 03:22:37 AM by wirenut48 »
PSN/Steam Wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

Cheagles

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 09:46:30 AM »
Yeah a zip would be fine.  If you can't post as an attachment here then you can email it to me at adamf@hb-studios.com

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 10:33:59 AM »
Yeah a zip would be fine.  If you can't post as an attachment here then you can email it to me at adamf@hb-studios.com

This is pretty much the same issue I reported in http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=10899.0

The break lines are different after the putt barely misses and goes by and you are looking back at the break lines you just putted from.

Thrangar

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 05:54:27 PM »
maybe it would be easier this way at least for me

On the Kahiko Beach  course the 3rd hole on the green looking down at pin with the tee box at your 6 oclk
 if you put your ball at 4/5 oclock possistion and look toward pin  no break beads now look from 10 oclock opiste side of hole you will see
 breaking beads

space-cash