WON'T LOAD

• 26 Replies

Artfull_dodger__

« on: May 23, 2015, 08:42:31 AM »
What is going on with these loading times.Sometimes it won't load at all.AAAHHHGGG
My courses
Early-1981's Loch Ness
The Misty Mountains
Valley of the Kings
The Hogs Breath Manor
Pop's Devils island
The Little lakes golf club
Mirkwood
The Old Course of H-B-M
The Inca’s Colosseum
The National

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 10:19:00 AM »
What wont load, the game itself or courses?   What platform are you on? Also what are your internet speeds?  Try speedtest.net to find upload and download.

Artfull_dodger__

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 12:04:28 PM »
I'm on ps4 my internet is mega fast.trying to setup a tour and it goes mega slow or won't load any courses.the wifi indercator in the bottom right of the screen will keep flashing and that's it.i have to quit and reload the game
My courses
Early-1981's Loch Ness
The Misty Mountains
Valley of the Kings
The Hogs Breath Manor
Pop's Devils island
The Little lakes golf club
Mirkwood
The Old Course of H-B-M
The Inca’s Colosseum
The National

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 01:26:43 PM »
I am not having any issues on PC and XB1.  Is anyone else on PS4  having an issue?

boo_stik

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 05:01:25 PM »
Yeah I'm in the same position I've just wait 3 1/2 minutes for the course to load up after choosing my course to play and before that I had to restart my ps4 just to get the game to load from the black screen with the circle loading icon. My internet is very fast and have only started to get the problem in the last 2 weeks

artbru14

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 02:36:41 PM »
Same here, very long loading times, sometimes it will time out with blue screen  error message. Don't know if its the game or ps4 problem?. Just started happening in the last week or two. Other games have no problem loading.

clemmo

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 01:47:38 PM »
same here hit and miss

madhat42

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 01:55:38 PM »
I believe the reason for this is because when you are starting the game it loads the last course you played.  If the course you played last was a created one with a lot of detail, etc.. the game will take longer to load initially than it would if you played a course with less detail.

Zamo

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 05:24:45 AM »
Same for me.aswell if i come out of the game and go on ps4 home screen,and open up somethink else that lets me.my ps4 freezes for about 3-4 minutes.only happens with the golf club

Gamr68

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 08:43:48 AM »
I have the same problem. Some courses take a few minutes or more. Some dont load at all and I need to get out of the game. This is putting me off playing it.

SweetTeeBag

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 03:05:47 PM »
I remember when the last update went live Bison run would load in like 40 seconds but in the last month courses are taking 3-4 minutes to load so not sure what happened. This is on the PS4

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 03:53:52 AM »
Add to all above the constant d/c notices on the ps4. Sometimes I wish I didn't love this game so much.  Would have put it to bed by now with all the annoying problems that persist WAY too long.
"We don't see that on our end"

copeylad

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 09:42:57 AM »
Guys.

Posted about this quite frequently over last few weeks. I think I may have self-diagnosed the issue.

Took my playstation home to my parent's house the other weekend, worked absolutely fine again - no loading screens and waiting around, everything was practically instant.

Took playstation back to the place i'm renting, and it's playing up again. Checked my wifi signal and it's 30% strength - the router is shocking and the signal it produces it poor quality.

I reckon it's something to do with wifi signal strength, IMHO.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 10:31:30 AM »
Copey,
That's very interesting.  I would be very curious to know how many people who have the connection issue are using wifi instead of being hard wired to their router.  For anyone who gets the connection issue, please post whether you are hard wired or using wifi when playing TGC.   Every bit of additional info helps.

Thanks,
Keith

copeylad

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 11:02:10 AM »
Copey,
That's very interesting.  I would be very curious to know how many people who have the connection issue are using wifi instead of being hard wired to their router.  For anyone who gets the connection issue, please post whether you are hard wired or using wifi when playing TGC.   Every bit of additional info helps.

Thanks,
Keith

Keith,

I reckon if you have strong WIFI signal you're fine. It's if you have a poor WIFI signal i.e. console far away from router that you will struggle with the loading times...

BTW, for those who don't know you can check your signal strength in your PS settings, I think it's under "Test Connection"

space-cash