Murzak Gap Golf Club - looking for reviewers! HB Please read this!

• 9 Replies

Dickesoj

« on: June 07, 2015, 09:52:58 PM »
I have just created a fantastic Desert Course.
It took me a really long time to create and I am hoping the attention to detail comes through.\

Please play, and let me know what you think.  Looking to make slight changes if necessary as well as create different hole locations for the "weekend".

If you play the course please feel free to send me suggestions on here, as well as my PS4 account name: Orangedude13. Always looking for more golfing buddies send me an invite.

Thank you for your time, please enjoy Murzak Gap Golf Club, and please send me reviews so changes can be made.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:20:04 PM by Dickesoj »

Dickesoj

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 05:19:27 PM »
I am assuming people are playing this game, but it is so ridiculous to get people to play your creations. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I spent well over 50 hours making this course and I can't buy a play through from anyone. Talk about frustrating! HB you have to step in and create something where users like myself don't get lost in the shuffle. I am over playing the courses where people throw something together and call it a course. I want to see the courses where people perfect the technique of the course creator, because to do it well it takes some practice.

HB you need to throw some kind of stamp on the courses that people are creating that are magnificent. All it needs to say is instead of HB Official, something like HB approved. That in itself will get play throughs, and also encourage great creators to keep making YOUR game better! There are other golf franchises coming out real soon, it's time to step up the game, make this the one and only golf simulation.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 05:27:32 PM »
That feature is already in place.  Check out the long list of courses in the HB Suggested tab in the game.  It's the next one after HB Official when you get to the list of courses where you can search.  Every week we add three courses to the Suggested List and set up a weekly tourney on each of them.   I play my two tournaments on Twitch to help showcase those courses and then I also pick 2 user created courses for the Community Play Days that I stream on the weekend.

Have you posted your course in the Completed Courses folder?  Make sure to add a description of the course and if possible, pictures as well.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:29:49 PM by HB_KeithC »

bob5453

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 06:25:43 PM »
That feature is already in place.  Check out the long list of courses in the HB Suggested tab in the game.  It's the next one after HB Official when you get to the list of courses where you can search.  Every week we add three courses to the Suggested List and set up a weekly tourney on each of them.   I play my two tournaments on Twitch to help showcase those courses and then I also pick 2 user created courses for the Community Play Days that I stream on the weekend.

Have you posted your course in the Completed Courses folder?  Make sure to add a description of the course and if possible, pictures as well.

Scroll all the way through the courses on the suggested tab, many have less than good ratings and have been there since the beginning. One of my pet peeves is "I" can't remove a course if I made it, but TGC official courses had some not-so-good ratings, so they removed the ratings from being displayed on their own courses. I say put the ratings back on the official courses, if you are ashamed of the ratings, then remove them from the suggested list. I'm not trying to be an ass here, but it is one of my pet peeves. Suggested courses should at least have a 7 rating, it probably should be 7.5 or higher.
My TGC 2k21 courses
The Big Valley
Roy Rogers Happy Trails
Gilligan's Island Par 3
Magestic Mountain

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 06:44:33 PM »
I think you are confusing the HB Official tab with the Suggested.  There are no HB Official courses on the Suggested tab and every course on the Suggested tab has a rating.

bob5453

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 07:31:56 PM »
I think you are confusing the HB Official tab with the Suggested.  There are no HB Official courses on the Suggested tab and every course on the Suggested tab has a rating.

I sort of combined 2 pet peeves while peeving, but that doesn't change the fact that there are low rated courses on the Suggested tab and Official courses don't show a rating as some were low.
My TGC 2k21 courses
The Big Valley
Roy Rogers Happy Trails
Gilligan's Island Par 3
Magestic Mountain

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

Dickesoj

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 07:40:26 PM »
I guess that's my concern....

I know about the suggested tab, I have used it myself many a times. I will say that I have played a lot of those courses and they are alright. Some of them are great others are just okay. Something a little more substantial is needed. There are plenty of courses that are not on that list that are better by leaps, that's what I want. I want to play those courses, and it can simply be made easier to find those great courses with a little help from you.

Maybe a tab on the rating screen that will allow a person to vote for an official review score by HB themselves, if the course passes inspection then you put a little label on it saying it's worth our time. If you don't have the man power to do this I will be more than happy apply. Send me a link! :)

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »
The search list can be sorted by Weekly/Monthly/Alltime Highest Rated.   I think we can all agree that unless the course has a lot of plays,  just because it has a higher rating doesn't mean it's a good course or should be an HB Suggested course.  I quickly went through the first 6-7 pages on the highest rated public courses.  There are definitely a few that should not be on the Suggested List.

An HB Official course simply means it was created by HB.  It doesn't have anything to do with number of plays or ratings.

Dickesoj, Wouldn't you think that every designer will hit that button?  So basically HB would have to review every single course that gets published and I'm pretty sure the man power is not available for that.   :)  It's not an easy solution but let's keep the dialog going so maybe we can come up with an idea(s) that the devs can read and incorporate into the system.   A good part of the game has been molded by the community so let's not stop now!

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 11:31:48 PM »

Dayum, why does this sound so reasonable to me ??  ::)  ...dunno, maybe i'm missing something  :)

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 06:09:30 AM »
Check out the course listings at tgctours.com as well.  They have an excellent data base of courses. If you filter all courses and sort by "likes" you will be very pleased with what you find.
  Some of the "suggested" courses are not close to being the better courses imho.
"We don't see that on our end"

space-cash