"Spring" Update is here for PS4

• 20 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: June 03, 2015, 04:49:20 PM »
That's right, the Spring update (formerly known as May update) is now live for the PS4.  I've played a few holes to gauge any possible performance improvements... I can't tell any difference in framerate at my new FPS barometer, Gladstone Vale C.C.  I didn't play long enough to assess any of the advertised bullets of the update, but I know the most interesting ones (fixed tournament winds, Delta and Tropical theme) aren't going to work until the DLC is available in the Playstation Store.   I'm now reading that may come as late as June 11th.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 04:52:15 PM »
delta and winds are not part of the DLC.

DLC is seasons and Tropical. Delta and Winds are the update that nobody has yet.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 05:02:29 PM »
delta and winds are not part of the DLC.

DLC is seasons and Tropical. Delta and Winds are the update that nobody has yet.

Yeah, I may be painting this the wrong way, but the way I'm interpreting this, the winds (and the Tropical theme for those who want it as a digital download DLC) are not going to be unlocked until the DLC is available for everyone, unless I misunderstood what was being said about the locked winds.  I really don't see why the winds couldn't be unlocked when everyone at least has the update, come to think of it.
Hopefully, HBS will clarify this a bit more.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 05:03:47 PM »
no you're right. Winds and Delta won't be released until everyone else is on the same build. That's my understanding. I don't know that they need to wait for DLC though as that's a totally different thing and is optional anyway. My thought is as soon as the "update" drops for XB1 Delta and Winds can go live.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove
Fenyard Keep
Edenvale (Major and Members)

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 05:07:27 PM »
My thought is as soon as the "update" drops for XB1 Delta and Winds can go live.

And the choir says "Amen!"
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 10:21:23 PM »
I'm sorry, but this is a fustercluck of an "update" and DLC release......
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 10:34:13 PM »
I'm disappointed with not being able to download the DLC since I was really looking forward to playing the Tropical courses that have been released.  >:(

However, on a positive note, the swing mechanics are much improved and close to 1:1. I no longer have to "slam" the stick forward to get 100% power on full swing shots. Also, my putting stroke is much improved with a smoother stroke.  8)

I also noticed a different sound effect when I hit one of my shots through the small branches and leaves of a tree.  ;)

-MERACE

Holmes108

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 10:34:26 PM »

Its been delayed, yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 10:50:49 PM »
However, on a positive note, the swing mechanics are much improved and close to 1:1. I no longer have to "slam" the stick forward to get 100% power on full swing shots. Also, my putting stroke is much improved with a smoother stroke.  8)

I also noticed a different sound effect when I hit one of my shots through the small branches and leaves of a tree.  ;)

I've been out most of the evening and I'm looking into playing a Delta course on the PC version, but I'd like to give the PS4 version a good test and look for what you've pointed out.  What course were you playing when you were seeing this?  Honestly, I was bit disappointed to see that Gladstone Vale C.C. still had that "playing underwater" feel to it.
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 12:31:11 AM »

Its been delayed, yes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ridiculous lack of attention to detail IMO. Now we have to wait yet ANOTHER week for DLC.....utterly ridiculous.
PC

Xbox One X

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 04:04:31 AM »
Still can't see any right to left putts due to golfer blocking the view. Still can't see the hole on a lot of greens. Still can't read approach shot info due to small font size on consoles. List goes on. Have not noticed any drastic swing changes(granular). Do not see +- on putt distances any more since update.
   Still love this game, it's so good. It just takes too long to fix things. Gladly trade both themes for some fixes. Maybe Johnny can ask for us?
"We don't see that on our end"

vic_flange

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 04:58:16 AM »
Still can't see any right to left putts due to golfer blocking the view. Still can't see the hole on a lot of greens. Still can't read approach shot info due to small font size on consoles. List goes on. Have not noticed any drastic swing changes(granular). Do not see +- on putt distances any more since update.
   Still love this game, it's so good. It just takes too long to fix things. Gladly trade both themes for some fixes. Maybe Johnny can ask for us?
I agree with all this.
The visibility issues on consoles have been evident since release and have STILL not been addressed.
How difficult can it be to use a brighter palette and bigger font ?

Less feature updates and more fixes please !

Duckfreak

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 09:13:25 PM »

Shoes,

You do know you can change camera angle on putts don't you? Just go to a higher view and you can see your putts. Problem solved.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 06:02:03 AM »
Never tried that. Do you have to putt from this higher angle as well? I use the default camera settings except when I putt I press the left stick once as That's the view I prefer to putt with. Please explain how to change this view to see the right to left putts. Thank you.
"We don't see that on our end"

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 10:40:14 AM »
Never tried that. Do you have to putt from this higher angle as well? I use the default camera settings except when I putt I press the left stick once as That's the view I prefer to putt with. Please explain how to change this view to see the right to left putts. Thank you.

No you don't. Cycle through the camera settings by pressing down (clicking) on your non-swing stick (I think it is...it is one of the two) and you will cycle through all the swing cameras..
PC

Xbox One X

space-cash