Global Wind Gala

• 23 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: June 05, 2015, 12:37:02 PM »
I've just created a 36 hole, 2 round tournament at Vallentuna Golf Klubb - Sweden, on each platform to see how consistent the winds are across platforms and whether they shift direction and speed consistently from round to round.  If you play the PC version of the tournament listed as Global Wind Gala in the Tournament section, please post the wind direction on the first and tenth tees and wind speed range that you see for each of the two rounds in this thread... and of course, your score to make it interesting  :)

There will be a thread for this tournament in each platform's Tours and Tournaments' sections if you want to compare notes.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:52:31 PM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Crow357

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »
Round one.  Wind directly at my back on the 1st tee and 11mph.  Between 10 and 12mph the whole round.  Shot a 6 under, 66.

Round two.  Wind still at my back, but slightly to the right.  Speed is 15mph.  I'll let you know my score when done.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 02:32:19 PM »
Thanks Crow, I'm about to tee off there myself.  Just finished my first round in the XB1 version there and saw 10 to 12 MPH winds.  The winds were from the SSW.  Looks like we're going to have consistency across all makes and models :)
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 03:13:35 PM »
reportin similar things on PC

R1 - 11mph - 1pm direction (Got as high as 12mph and as low as 10mph).  Hit a 345 yard drive over the green on 18 - hit the cart path...would have went 400 yards if i didn't run out of fairway/green lol
R2 - 16mph - 1pm direction

Poobley

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 06:32:05 PM »
R1 H1 10 mph at 1 o'clock.  going between 10 and 12 mph over round.
R2 H1  14mph at 1 o'clock. not played yet so only know first tee wind
"You little son of a bitch ball! Why you don't you just go HOME? That's your HOME! Are you too good for your HOME? ANSWER ME! SUCK MY WHITE ASS, BALL!"

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 06:36:27 PM »
I can't get over how consistent and solid this is :o  It will definitely give me added vigor playing tournaments now - it adds LIFE to the ghost ball/turn-based enabled player (yes, I've turned ghost balls into turn-based players because I know they're play really means something to me)!   ;D
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 08:06:32 PM »
Yea, it really is an amazing addition to the game.  The ghost balls alone are much more interesting in tournament play now because you know they are facing the same decisions as you.  The ball flights are similar as well - just a complete win for the team to get this in.

Next on the list would be multi-pins per course - if/when those are added - there's no stopping this game!

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 08:08:29 PM »
How do you set the global wind with the PC version.. I went to create a tour and didn't see anything in the settings?  Please and thankyou.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 08:09:47 PM »
How do you set the global wind with the PC version.. I went to create a tour and didn't see anything in the settings?  Please and thankyou.

Nothing to set - it's automatic for all Tours/Tournaments

If you want it to carry over across platforms, the tournament name needs to be exactly the same (case sensitive)

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 08:11:59 PM »
Thanks Doyley,  much appreciated.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2015, 08:54:56 PM »
Played my first round ever with the new global wind and I have to say I freaking loved it more than I would imagined I would..   Man,  how great was it to play against Doyley and some of the other great players knowing we had similar conditions..  Just phenom!!

I had around 11 MPH as well,  and I felt it was very fair!   This is the best update HBS has put out yet,  and one of the greatest additions to the game to date.  Awesome work Anthony for listening!  Now I'm going to get your tattooed somewhere else that should go nameless :)     I better shave first though ;)

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »
Played my first round ever with the new global wind and I have to say I freaking loved it more than I would imagined I would..   Man,  how great was it to play against Doyley and some of the other great players knowing we had similar conditions..  Just phenom!!

I had around 11 MPH as well,  and I felt it was very fair!   This is the best update HBS has put out yet,  and one of the greatest additions to the game to date.  Awesome work Anthony for listening!  Now I'm going to get your tattooed somewhere else that should go nameless :)     I better shave first though ;)

Oh great, I didn't put up much of a score - ha!  Now I need to play R2 and really try so I can prove I can play in the wind lol

I felt the same way when playing - it was great seeing all the ghost balls reacting similarly - you could easily tell they were dealing with similar winds.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2015, 10:49:27 PM »
You definitely have nothing to prove doyley everyone knows you're one of the best :)   

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I'm watchin' you.
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2015, 11:45:17 PM »
Now I'm going to get your tattooed somewhere else that should go nameless :)     I better shave first though ;)

Dayum, had to shake my head just in case there might be some sort of pic show up... ;D ;D...Seriously though, congrats on the Delta theme name..........nice t-shirt........... 8)

Sorry.......back to "wind"........

Poobley

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2015, 08:01:18 AM »
It looks like it may be varying direction by 180 degrees.  Just started a tour and had a 16mph head wind.  Par 5 hole, 2 ghosts make the green in 2 and me and another ghost are left well short of the green
"You little son of a bitch ball! Why you don't you just go HOME? That's your HOME! Are you too good for your HOME? ANSWER ME! SUCK MY WHITE ASS, BALL!"

space-cash