Global Wind Gala

• 23 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2015, 07:05:21 AM »
It looks like it may be varying direction by 180 degrees.  Just started a tour and had a 16mph head wind.  Par 5 hole, 2 ghosts make the green in 2 and me and another ghost are left well short of the green

Uh oh... this obviously needs further study.  Which tour was this (it was a tour, not a tournament?)?
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Poobley

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2015, 07:07:58 AM »
It looks like it may be varying direction by 180 degrees.  Just started a tour and had a 16mph head wind.  Par 5 hole, 2 ghosts make the green in 2 and me and another ghost are left well short of the green

Uh oh... this obviously needs further study.  Which tour was this (it was a tour, not a tournament?)?

It was the week 23 Euro Tour for TGCT.  And it was set up as a tournament in game and not a tour.
"You little son of a bitch ball! Why you don't you just go HOME? That's your HOME! Are you too good for your HOME? ANSWER ME! SUCK MY WHITE ASS, BALL!"

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2015, 10:31:55 AM »

It was the week 23 Euro Tour for TGCT.  And it was set up as a tournament in game and not a tour.

Was this tournament created prior to the implementation of the new tournament global wind system?  If so, then maybe the ghosts you played had completed their rounds prior to the implementation of the new tournament global wind system.

-MERACE

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 10:40:56 AM »
The devs have said that the wind is the same but direction can change. I have some video I'll post that will hopefully convince them that they need to tweak it so that it can't flip around 180.  So close so I really hope they don't put their foot down on this one.

Poobley

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2015, 01:04:07 PM »

Was this tournament created prior to the implementation of the new tournament global wind system?  If so, then maybe the ghosts you played had completed their rounds prior to the implementation of the new tournament global wind system.

-MERACE

The Tournament was created post wind update
"You little son of a bitch ball! Why you don't you just go HOME? That's your HOME! Are you too good for your HOME? ANSWER ME! SUCK MY WHITE ASS, BALL!"

leslie.sangster

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2015, 02:57:17 PM »
I have had the wind flip round 180 deg. while I was on the tee on a longish par three trying to decide which club I was going to use. On that occasion it worked to my advantage as I hit three clubs less than I was expecting. In real life the wind changes direction but not by 180 deg. in ten seconds

Sent from my iPad

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2015, 03:27:39 PM »
The devs have said that the wind is the same but direction can change. I have some video I'll post that will hopefully convince them that they need to tweak it so that it can't flip around 180.  So close so I really hope they don't put their foot down on this one.

I agree with you ten fold.  They made a step in the right direction and it's already much better but the wind flipping like that can create a very unfair advantage the way the games play out.  I'm with you and VERY hopeful that they can remedy this somehow someway.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2015, 10:01:25 AM »
I'm glad this wind flipping has already been exposed... surely this isn't acceptable?  I flew hot last night and "Daly'd" my way through the second round to a "IDGAS" 92 after it bit me :-[
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 05:35:29 AM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2015, 07:19:51 PM »
I'm glad this wind flipping has already been exposed... surely this isn't acceptable?  I flew hot last night and "Daly'd" my way through the second round to a "IDGAS" 92 after it bit me :-[

It's not acceptable in the slightest.   Some of the tourneys I've been a part of I was on the losing end of headwind and when the par 5's came around that could of been eagled,  I was struggling to put it somewhere close on my 5th shot.

Someone said it very eloquently in another post.   Why would HB go through the trouble of making a game where all players have the same  max distance and the same clubs,  and decide it's okay to allow tournament play where one player has a gale force headwind,  while the other guy gets the tailwinds that include reachable par 5's in 2 strokes...  I'm sorry,  but that is not staying consistent with keeping things on a level playing field.

If I had to guess,  I would assume that they really didn't think this scenario through before they settled on whatever system they have devised.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

space-cash