Perfect Golf

• 8827 Replies

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #8685 on: August 02, 2018, 03:24:42 PM »
I NEVER “pissed on” TGC.

I shared what I liked about PG and commented on how I wanted TGC to improve its swing.

TGC2’s swing brought me back.

Do not paint everyone with that brush as many of us maintained proper respect for TGC here.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

mebby

« Reply #8686 on: August 02, 2018, 03:27:32 PM »
Okay,  I will clear this up at least from my perspective... Yes I have sore spot for perfect golf on this forum because many members sat on this forum and touted that games greatness while totally pissing on TGC..  That is fact,  and everyone knows that.   This behavior put me in a combative state because of the stage it was happening on, and lets be honest I wasn't the only one whom had a strong dislike for this behavior!   

I understand where the confusion sets in my contradictory remarks I really do,  but the fact of the matter is, I've been on this forum many times wishing PG success because it's good for video golf enthusiast and pushing the tgc franchise to be even better.   I have even talked about respecting PG for working on and putting out the game even though the business plan has looked very suspect in terms of appealing to the general public.  I don't have to like the game PG to respect it!  Look,  I hate the Philadelphia Eagles with a passion,  some of that is the city and fans,  and things they've done to the team that I follow.  Having said that,  I respect the organization and many of the moves they've made so in one breath I can show a lack of respect and in another I can give kudos..  We all do this each and every day it's not unique to me... 

Many of my remarks that are directed at the sim crowd that I make that seem like trolling are just coming from that place of frustration when I see this forum going in the way of dictating and getting salty..   Some of the post from a few people can get going down a very negative street at times that seem very counterproductive..  I guess I get sucked into the negativity too much..  At this point all I can say is I'm sorry,  but I do want everyone to understand where it comes from..   Peace out..

Understandable.  And I will always readily admit that I was very combative in this thread.  It didn't start out that way but it quickly went there because... well, it's a forum and forums tend to bring out the worst in people.

I still have a strong dislike for TGC1.  TGC2 is different for me.  Hopefully it just goes to show that my comments and opinions are always honest.  If we still had TGC1 as an option I'd still be making the same comments I always made.  That game got stale very quickly.

TGC2 was a big step in the right direction and I hope that TGC 2019 takes an even bigger step in that same direction.

JNPG is still a great game.  I still maintain that all the things I loved about it are true to this day.  It's technically a better game than TGC2 from a physics and simulation perspective... in my humble opinion.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #8687 on: August 02, 2018, 08:44:17 PM »

JNPG is still a great game.  I still maintain that all the things I loved about it are true to this day.  It's technically a better game than TGC2 from a physics and simulation perspective... in my humble opinion.

...and you also think it (PG) overall looks more realistic than TGC2.  ;)  That's about the only thing that I disagree with you on.  :)

-MERACE

Buck

« Reply #8688 on: August 02, 2018, 08:46:01 PM »

...and you also think it (PG) overall looks more realistic than TGC2.  ;)  That's about the only thing that I disagree with you on.  :)

Depending upon the course, I completely agree with Mebby on that myself.

mebby

« Reply #8689 on: August 02, 2018, 09:04:21 PM »

-MERACE

Yea - I do.  But it's not necessarily an absolute.  For instance - there are some courses in TGC that look equally as good as their JNPG counterparts (at least within reason... and excluding bunker lips).

I think JNPG has a TON more flexibility in the designer than the TGC Tool.  The trade-off is that the TGC Tool can be used on the PC or either of the consoles.  That's a major accomplishment but it comes with some limitations.

I just feel like the courses in JNPG each have their own feel to them.  All TGC courses seem to have a very similar look/feel despite the best efforts of the designers.

The reason I play TGC2 80% of the time and JNPG 10% of the time comes down to the avatar and the real-time swing.  If JNPG ever gets 3D grass and a proper real-time avatar then it would be a toss up honestly.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #8690 on: August 02, 2018, 09:30:11 PM »
I've always said that "realistic" like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  ;)

I also feel like I'm more immersed in the course with TGC than I am with PG.  The golfer just feels more integrated into the game.

-MERACE

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8691 on: August 02, 2018, 11:10:09 PM »
Overall, I prefer the look of most courses in TGC 2 to JNPG.  Where JNPG has a huge advantage is the realistic representation of bunkers it has, whereas those of TGC 2 look pretty generic.  I think TGC 2019, with what I've seen of the latest rev. LOD SpeedTrees is going to up the ante even more, at least from my perspective.  This is a topic that's very subjective. 

I agree with Mebby on this score though, if JNPG had a mo-capped golfer animation at least of the caliber of that of TGC 2, and implemented Turf Effects like some of the prototype screens they were showing last year, I would give the nod to JNPG.  I find most of the heavy rough representation in JNPG to be so crude and DirectX 9'ish.  And "Night of the Living Dead" Hacker Harry has to go...
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

mebby

« Reply #8692 on: August 03, 2018, 01:39:47 AM »
Overall, I prefer the look of most courses in TGC 2 to JNPG.  Where JNPG has a huge advantage is the realistic representation of bunkers it has, whereas those of TGC 2 look pretty generic.  I think TGC 2019, with what I've seen of the latest rev. LOD SpeedTrees is going to up the ante even more, at least from my perspective.  This is a topic that's very subjective. 

I agree with Mebby on this score though, if JNPG had a mo-capped golfer animation at least of the caliber of that of TGC 2, and implemented Turf Effects like some of the prototype screens they were showing last year, I would give the nod to JNPG.  I find most of the heavy rough representation in JNPG to be so crude and DirectX 9'ish.  And "Night of the Living Dead" Hacker Harry has to go...

Unfortunately I seriously doubt we will ever get many improvements now that the focus is on the simulator crowd. It's a bummer becuase that game had so much potential.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

stan_solo

« Reply #8693 on: August 03, 2018, 10:18:32 AM »
Arctic Fury has created fabulous looking bunkers in his latest courses
And Sam has also done a great job with the running water

So with a bit of craft and guile you do get great results in the course designer

It looks like we may never have the elusive pot bunker as PG have  ... it's not really up for discussion anymore

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8694 on: August 04, 2018, 06:29:30 PM »
I saw that Mike Jones posted a message about Trackman looking to hire a course designer.  That could probably be a good gig for someone who is talented with Course Forge.  I just wonder if Trackman will want to pay for the development of more courses using JNPG's current tools, or whether they're actually ready to move on with PG 2, or should I say Course Forge 2?
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Ian

« Reply #8695 on: August 08, 2018, 06:09:41 AM »
It seems like PGs 'design a course' competition did its job and took people's minds off a possible PG2!
If the game is still in developement why aren't the devs giving some sort of progress update I wonder!

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #8696 on: August 08, 2018, 07:06:41 AM »
It seems like PGs 'design a course' competition did its job and took people's minds off a possible PG2!
If the game is still in developement why aren't the devs giving some sort of progress update I wonder!

Why would TrackMan throw money at that other than for better Graphics in the Sim version.

Buck

« Reply #8697 on: August 08, 2018, 12:04:32 PM »
It seems like PGs 'design a course' competition did its job and took people's minds off a possible PG2

Bingo

Pure distraction..

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8698 on: August 08, 2018, 07:22:48 PM »
It seems like PGs 'design a course' competition did its job and took people's minds off a possible PG2

Bingo

Pure distraction..

Yeah, the low level buzz about PG 2 has come to a halt since that competition was announced.  I've lost the last inkling of curiosity I had about PG 2 for the time being.  I think TGC 2019 will more than tide me over in the meanwhile... I still want to see a PG 2, I've just lost any fervor for it now.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Buck

« Reply #8699 on: August 08, 2018, 07:23:52 PM »

Bingo

Pure distraction..

Yeah, the low level buzz about PG 2 has come to a halt since that competition was announced.  I've lost the last inkling of curiosity I had about PG 2 for the time being.  I think TGC 2019 will more than tide me over in the meanwhile... I still want to see a PG 2, I've just lost any fervor for it now.

JC!  We miss you over there!

Mr 4k HDR Fluid Sensory Mo-Cap !   ;D :D ;) 
Can't blame ya' though..

All that's left is the AARP organized nursing home of Windows Vista users complaining about "the meter sliding" and "tech tips" from one of the biggest idiots I've ever come across online.  #crush-it!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 07:27:58 PM by Buck »

space-cash