Perfect Golf

• 8827 Replies

stan_solo

« Reply #8805 on: September 25, 2018, 11:22:07 AM »
Thanks for the accolade JC

I missed the party  ... just returned home from hospital after a short illness, so recuperating and taking it a little easier
Had a bit of a scare there ...

Yep it's truly amazing to have a million+ views  ... even more amazing that it's a off-topic subject
No mention from HB studios of this quite remarkable accomplishment    ::)

Anyway I'm off for a lie-down    .... hope to be back in full Stan mode soon       ...  :)

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8806 on: September 25, 2018, 11:54:07 AM »
Thanks for the accolade JC

I missed the party  ... just returned home from hospital after a short illness, so recuperating and taking it a little easier
Had a bit of a scare there ...

Yep it's truly amazing to have a million+ views  ... even more amazing that it's a off-topic subject
No mention from HB studios of this quite remarkable accomplishment    ::)

Anyway I'm off for a lie-down    .... hope to be back in full Stan mode soon       ...  :)

I'm glad to read that your hospital stay is over and wish you the best of health going forward!  One million views is a tremendous accomplishment and I honestly can't recall ever seeing a thread that has accumulated that many views.  The fact that there's been next to no real news about Perfect Golf over the last year and a half is what really makes it odd that the thread has been able to sustain itself with an average of about 700 views per day in that same period :o

As for HB Studios lack of a comment on it, I'd imagine all of their attention is on the forthcoming update for TGC 2019.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 11:55:55 AM by jcauthen04 »
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #8807 on: September 25, 2018, 02:37:47 PM »
Hope everything is good Stan,Hopefully won't be too long before your back to full strength.

I just think it shows how passionate Cyber golf players are about there games.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #8808 on: September 25, 2018, 10:19:51 PM »
Get better Sir Stan 😁😉
XB1 X
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2109 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8809 on: September 27, 2018, 07:38:56 PM »
I gotta tip my cap to Perfect Parallel for one thing... they get record keeping right.  My won-loss record actually represents my online matchmaking performance, although I must admit it didn't happen until after an update.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #8810 on: September 28, 2018, 02:46:45 PM »
I gotta tip my cap to Perfect Parallel for one thing... they get record keeping right.  My won-loss record actually represents my online matchmaking performance, although I must admit it didn't happen until after an update.

Not really something to tip your cap at. Should be expected that a feature actually works if it is included.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8811 on: September 29, 2018, 08:22:56 AM »
Not really something to tip your cap at. Should be expected that a feature actually works if it is included.

True, I'll be shocked if HBS doesn't get the record keeping straightened out in the first patch.  This is an area where I feel like they'd have had a shot at getting it right out of the gate if there'd been a longer beta period, where online matchmaking was thoroughly tested, including won/loss/tie record keeping.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #8812 on: September 30, 2018, 01:11:55 PM »
I think hb submitted a patch soon after release but pulled the plug on it when they kept hearing about all the unforseen bugs that the community found. If I had to guess, I would assume they are still working on a new patch and it has yet to be submitted. Not saying they didn't submit a patch, I just tend to lean toward them pulling it until they could fix  the many issues that exist in a singular patch.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #8813 on: September 30, 2018, 03:34:54 PM »

True, I'll be shocked if HBS doesn't get the record keeping straightened out in the first patch.  This is an area where I feel like they'd have had a shot at getting it right out of the gate if there'd been a longer beta period, where online matchmaking was thoroughly tested, including won/loss/tie record keeping.

Id take working leader-boards over that, without a doubt.

Leadbelly

« Reply #8814 on: October 21, 2018, 10:23:00 AM »
You can only play the same game for so long, but perfect golf had/has something for every type of player. four swing types, five levels for each swing type, and probably the best multiplayer ever added to a golf game. Most fun I have ever had, this side links 2003 it was a lot of fun also.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8815 on: October 24, 2018, 03:06:45 AM »
You can only play the same game for so long, but perfect golf had/has something for every type of player. four swing types, five levels for each swing type, and probably the best multiplayer ever added to a golf game. Most fun I have ever had, this side links 2003 it was a lot of fun also.

Perfect Golf was my game of choice from the time I tired of the limited dimension swing of TGC, about 8 or 9 months after release, until TGC 2 was released.  I would probably still be playing Perfect Golf if they had a golfer animation at least on par with TGC 2/2019 and 3D rough of at least the caliber of of TGC 2019.  It does have good play mechanics and the multiplayer is second to none!
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

mebby

« Reply #8816 on: October 24, 2018, 02:53:13 PM »

Perfect Golf was my game of choice from the time I tired of the limited dimension swing of TGC, about 8 or 9 months after release, until TGC 2 was released.  I would probably still be playing Perfect Golf if they had a golfer animation at least on par with TGC 2/2019 and 3D rough of at least the caliber of of TGC 2019.  It does have good play mechanics and the multiplayer is second to none!

Yes.  My thoughts exactly.  I played JNPG this weekend and kept saying to myself everything you said above.  They have really done a great job with the physics, multiplayer, and just replicating real golf.  Unfortunately the dated animation and grass graphics are killing the immersion for me.

On the other hand - I don't think I've ever enjoyed TGC as much as I've been enjoying it after the last tuning updates.  There are still a few warts but the game is playing very nicely in my opinion.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

FRSTDWN

« Reply #8817 on: October 24, 2018, 03:40:20 PM »
Why did this game never make it consoles?

I mean if there was a time they had the perfect opportunity with EA being done with golf.
XB1 X
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2109 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

mebby

« Reply #8818 on: October 24, 2018, 03:48:12 PM »
Why did this game never make it consoles?

I mean if there was a time they had the perfect opportunity with EA being done with golf.

Trackman happened.  To be fair I'm not sure if they abandoned the idea of bringing the game to consoles before that transaction or not.  But if they hadn't abandoned the idea then the Trackman transaction certainly put the kibosh on it for sure.

There were always going to be challenges to a console version though.  I'm not sure how they would've handled the user created content aspect of things.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

Leadbelly

« Reply #8819 on: October 24, 2018, 04:40:01 PM »
I never hated a golf game more then when I first bought perfect golf early access, I disliked the game so much I shelved it for a year. But then I tried it again and there were so many improvements, I never stopped playing the game after that.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 04:42:56 PM by Leadbelly »

space-cash