Author Topic: Perfect Golf  (Read 549522 times)

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
Re: Perfect Golf
« Reply #8325 on: September 13, 2017, 04:14:36 PM »
I have no friends on P/Golf or steam if i spot him in lobby i will,he streams on youtube now and again.

stan_solo

« Reply #8326 on: September 13, 2017, 04:18:59 PM »
No worries   ... maybe JC/Divot or Mebby can pass on the gesture

Cheers

Armand

« Reply #8327 on: September 14, 2017, 12:15:33 AM »
Not played this for a while,Dogsz Royal St Georges Top notch Excellent,really enjoyed.Any more Good RCR's been released last few months.

The following is my own list of RCRs released (or updated) since about the same time Royal St. George's was released:

01-Aug-2017   Birkdale   (Royal Birdkale)   Southport, England
03-Aug-2017   Orange County   (Bay Hill)   Orlando, Florida
08-Aug-2017   Cape Kidnappers   Te Awanga, New Zealand
08-Aug-2017   TPC San Antonio   San Antonio, Texas
08-Aug-2017   Sedgefield CC (Ross)   Greensboro, North Carolina
09-Aug-2017   Formosa Golf Resort   Auckland, New Zealand
09-Aug-2017   The Hills   Queenstown, New Zealand
11-Aug-2017   St. Georges   (Royal St. George's)   Sandwich, England
11-Aug-2017   Jupiter Dunes   (Jupiter Hills)   Jupiter, Florida
11-Aug-2017   St. Enodoc   Wadebridge, England
12-Aug-2017   Sedgefield (Ross)   (released as DLC by PP, different from that released on Aug 8 )
14-Aug-2017   Quail Hollow   Charlotte, North Carolina
18-Aug-2017   Valhalla   Louisville, Kentucky
24-Aug-2017   Trump National Hudson Valley   Hopwell Junction, New York
25-Aug-2017   Trump National Colts Neck   Colts Neck, New Jersey
01-Sep-2017   Pinehurst No 2   Pinehurst, North Carolina
02-Sep-2017   Amana Colonies   Amana, Iowa
06-Sep-2017   Hintlesham   Hintlesham, England
08-Sep-2017   Dancing Rabbit - Azaleas   Choctaw, Mississippi

My entire course list contains 121 RCRs out of 233 available courses for Perfect Golf.  Unfortunately, I can't comment on any of these as I have yet to play them! 

You can also view listings of all RCRs (including the designer and when the course was last updated) at either of the following links:

- OGT website (note that some people's web browsers report that there is malicious content at the site, but that is a false positive):
http://simulation.onlinegolftour.net/course-reviews.html

- PGLS website (includes brief video previews of the majority of the courses):
http://pgls.golfladders.co.uk/forums/pgcourses.php?sort=latest&ctype=real

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #8328 on: September 14, 2017, 05:35:15 AM »
Many Thanks.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8329 on: November 17, 2017, 12:03:45 PM »
Perfect Golf 2 is still in the works, according to a statement Andrew Jones, President and COO of Perfect Parallel, made in the official forum a couple of days ago: "PG2 is a complete overhaul of everything".  I'm curious to see how the new game will play with nVidia's Turf Effects and new mo-capped golfers, among other things.  It also sounds like they are still planning to support cross-play between Windows 10 and XBox One (x & s) platforms, which will be a nice wrinkle, IMO.

There's not a hint of a market date for this and at this point I wouldn't hazard a guess.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • TGC2 Beta Team
« Reply #8330 on: November 17, 2017, 12:13:38 PM »
Perfect Golf 2 is still in the works, according to a statement Andrew Jones, President and COO of Perfect Parallel, made in the official forum a couple of days ago: "PG2 is a complete overhaul of everything".  I'm curious to see how the new game will play with nVidia's Turf Effects and new mo-capped golfers, among other things.  It also sounds like they are still planning to support cross-play between Windows 10 and XBox One (x & s) platforms, which will be a nice wrinkle, IMO.

There's not a hint of a market date for this and at this point I wouldn't hazard a guess.

You know what?  I can't even bag on PG anymore quite honestly..  I'm happy to see them grow their franchise even though I wasn't a fan of what I've so eloquently referred to as PERFECT GAFFE.  In some strange way,  TGC2 with it's messy release and marketing have given me a newfound respect for PG...   I've soured so much on HB with the situation they got themselves in with Maximum that I even feel for PG now...   I might even migrate if they can just make it look better,  because the game modes and lobby are amazing!
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8331 on: November 17, 2017, 12:39:26 PM »
You know what?  I can't even bag on PG anymore quite honestly..  I'm happy to see them grow their franchise even though I wasn't a fan of what I've so eloquently referred to as PERFECT GAFFE.  In some strange way,  TGC2 with it's messy release and marketing have given me a newfound respect for PG...   I've soured so much on HB with the situation they got themselves in with Maximum that I even feel for PG now...   I might even migrate if they can just make it look better,  because the game modes and lobby are amazing!

I'd still be playing JNPG regularly (still play it on occasion) if it had TGC 2's swing interface and mo-capped golfers.  The controller swing in JNPG feels a bit clunky compared to TGC 2's, primarily because of the integration of the animation.  The process just looks and feels more fluid in TGC 2.  Putts in the 2 to 6 foot range in JNPG, using the controller swing anyway, are dangerous to manage because there's so little feel in the putting stroke for that distance.  I'd rather leave myself a 7 footer than a 2 footer!

No doubt their game modes and lobby will be fully fleshed out in 2 as they are in the current version.  It adds so much to the game, more than I would have admitted until I had to do without it in TGC 1, and even more so, TGC 2.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

stan_solo

« Reply #8332 on: November 17, 2017, 02:05:49 PM »
Perfect Golf 2 is still in the works, according to a statement Andrew Jones

I missed that !     Since I bought TGC 2 I've forgotten about this game

I have to be more vigilant  ..

mebby

« Reply #8333 on: November 17, 2017, 02:39:26 PM »

I'd still be playing JNPG regularly (still play it on occasion) if it had TGC 2's swing interface and mo-capped golfers.  The controller swing in JNPG feels a bit clunky compared to TGC 2's, primarily because of the integration of the animation.  The process just looks and feels more fluid in TGC 2.  Putts in the 2 to 6 foot range in JNPG, using the controller swing anyway, are dangerous to manage because there's so little feel in the putting stroke for that distance.  I'd rather leave myself a 7 footer than a 2 footer!

No doubt their game modes and lobby will be fully fleshed out in 2 as they are in the current version.  It adds so much to the game, more than I would have admitted until I had to do without it in TGC 1, and even more so, TGC 2.

Yep.  Agree completely.  If they deliver the 3D grass that they've previewed to the community AND they update their animation to something close (hoping for equal or even better if that's possible) to what TGC2 has then JNPG2 will absolutely be my game of choice.

There's still a spot for TGC2 as it certainly still has some unique advantages over JNPG that give it some appeal (mostly their smooth UI and the ghost ball system).  But JNPG has the physics nailed down tight for sure.  The TGC franchise will most likely always cater more to the arcade enthusiasts more than anything else I think.  Nothing wrong with that - just two different approaches.

But right now, TGC2 gets 99% of my time because I struggle to get excited by the clunky JNPG animation after playing TGC2.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #8334 on: November 17, 2017, 03:14:10 PM »

Yep.  Agree completely.  If they deliver the 3D grass that they've previewed to the community AND they update their animation to something close (hoping for equal or even better if that's possible) to what TGC2 has then JNPG2 will absolutely be my game of choice.

There's still a spot for TGC2 as it certainly still has some unique advantages over JNPG that give it some appeal (mostly their smooth UI and the ghost ball system).  But JNPG has the physics nailed down tight for sure.  The TGC franchise will most likely always cater more to the arcade enthusiasts more than anything else I think.  Nothing wrong with that - just two different approaches.

But right now, TGC2 gets 99% of my time because I struggle to get excited by the clunky JNPG animation after playing TGC2.

That's been one of my complaints from the beginning.

space-cash