Perfect Golf

• 8443 Replies

mebby

« Reply #8370 on: February 19, 2018, 05:58:40 PM »
it is a shame it seems only a couple of people work on it,went in lobby over 100 in there had no idea what to do in there just think user interface could be a lot easier to use all over PG.

Mike also implied in his post that they now have access to many more resources since the Trackman transaction.  But even so, JC is definitely more optimistic than I am about this whole thing.  I'm sure they'll keep moving the product forward but I'm guessing it will only be in areas that compliment their simulator functionality with little to no attention on anything else.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8371 on: February 19, 2018, 09:21:43 PM »
Mike also implied in his post that they now have access to many more resources since the Trackman transaction.  But even so, JC is definitely more optimistic than I am about this whole thing.  I'm sure they'll keep moving the product forward but I'm guessing it will only be in areas that compliment their simulator functionality with little to no attention on anything else.

In all honestly, I'd expect we'll be seeing TGC 3 before Perfect Golf 2 releases for the PC, let alone a console version.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

mebby

« Reply #8372 on: February 19, 2018, 09:48:41 PM »

In all honestly, I'd expect we'll be seeing TGC 3 before Perfect Golf 2 releases for the PC, let alone a console version.

Highly likely indeed!  If TGC3 has solid MP support then they will likely run away with the video game golf market.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #8373 on: February 20, 2018, 03:11:15 AM »
it is a shame it seems only a couple of people work on it,went in lobby over 100 in there had no idea what to do in there just think user interface could be a lot easier to use all over PG.

That is standard corporate speak. Normally it looks that way for the smaller entity but doesn’t always turn out that way.

Can’t see TrackMan having much interrest in the video-game. Not like their product is aimed at the average consumer, so no marketing synergies there other than secondary in terms of name recognition.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #8374 on: February 20, 2018, 09:26:40 AM »

I think that is a pretty safe bet.....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Leadbelly

« Reply #8375 on: March 06, 2018, 07:25:47 AM »
I am fine if they never release another version, I think most of the guys are. Feature wise there is nothing that comes close, and probably wont be for years to come. If the multiplayer and lobby along with the PGLS Tours stay up and running, most people will be pleased as punch. There multiplayer and the PGLS Tours are the best I have ever seen, I am still amazed on what they accomplished on a shoestring and a prayer.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • TGC2 Beta Team
« Reply #8376 on: March 06, 2018, 10:33:12 AM »
To use JC's words (and I do this affectionately) You know what really shocks me about this though?  This thread has had almost 500 page views since I posted this yesterday...and not one response from ADX or JohnEric.

Yes, I know ADX has been gone for some time and JE was always dispassionate about PG but this is right up their alley.

I was really looking forward to a better PG but alas, I feel we won't see that anytime in the near future.
Honestly, there was alot of great things about pg, but it always looked too dated for me so I couldn't get past that.  The one thing I always maintained was that pg would never see the light of day on consoles even though I was shut down at every turn.  Just not worth the investment and risk and the pg team knew that in my opinion.   The thing that frustrated me was the Love fest over pg on this forum and the need to slag hb in their own house.   Pg has always been a game totally embraced by the aging links crowd and unfortunately that is not a recipe for long term success

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

mebby

« Reply #8377 on: March 06, 2018, 01:22:49 PM »
To use JC's words (and I do this affectionately) You know what really shocks me about this though?  This thread has had almost 500 page views since I posted this yesterday...and not one response from ADX or JohnEric.

Yes, I know ADX has been gone for some time and JE was always dispassionate about PG but this is right up their alley.

I was really looking forward to a better PG but alas, I feel we won't see that anytime in the near future.
Honestly, there was alot of great things about pg, but it always looked too dated for me so I couldn't get past that.  The one thing I always maintained was that pg would never see the light of day on consoles even though I was shut down at every turn.  Just not worth the investment and risk and the pg team knew that in my opinion.   The thing that frustrated me was the Love fest over pg on this forum and the need to slag hb in their own house.   Pg has always been a game totally embraced by the aging links crowd and unfortunately that is not a recipe for long term success

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

JE talking about a lovefest??!!   Bwahahaha.

This is the guy with a tattoo of Anthony Kyne on his ass?

Dude...
Steam Name - Turnerm05

Leadbelly

« Reply #8378 on: March 07, 2018, 01:44:50 AM »
I take it you guys have not broke the news to him, that Anthony has been posting over at the perfect golf forum.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • TGC2 Beta Team
« Reply #8379 on: March 07, 2018, 10:19:08 AM »
Is Anthony now with per perfect golf?  Can't imagine that in a million years.  Sounds like the ship was way since sailed to me.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #8380 on: March 07, 2018, 10:22:01 AM »
Is Anthony now with per perfect golf?  Can't imagine that in a million years.  Sounds like the ship was way since sailed to me.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

No.
PC

Xbox One X

Leadbelly

« Reply #8381 on: March 07, 2018, 11:48:58 PM »
I don't know what is going on lately, over the last few months there are more and more people in the lobby. Today on a Wed at 2.00 pm there was 156, I like people to play but I remember when Links had to many and everything went poof. I don't know how many perfect golf can handle, probably far less than microsoft could.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #8382 on: May 02, 2018, 11:50:14 AM »
Does anyone know if the bellerive country club greens on perfect golf are correct,took a while to find forum post over there released in 2015 looking at a few pics i have found they seem pretty good,he has not been online since 2016 so i assume he is not around just a long shot question.its a fantastic version of the course.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #8383 on: May 02, 2018, 11:59:27 AM »
Does anyone know if the bellerive country club greens on perfect golf are correct,took a while to find forum post over there released in 2015 looking at a few pics i have found they seem pretty good,he has not been online since 2016 so i assume he is not around just a long shot question.its a fantastic version of the course.

Why not go over to their forums and ask?

This thread is dead and most folks here don't really care for PG these days.
PC

Xbox One X

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #8384 on: May 02, 2018, 02:56:14 PM »
The Topic is locked.

space-cash