Start a new one.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

stan_solo

« Reply #8386 on: May 02, 2018, 04:31:04 PM »

Leadbelly

« Reply #8387 on: May 11, 2018, 05:32:17 AM »
This thread should have died 500 pages ago, but it was fun at one time. I still play perfect golf everyday, but I played Links 2003 up until the day the lobby went offline probably do the same with perfect golf. Andrew posted they are still working on perfect golf two, but even if that never happens I have had just great time playing the game. Last saturday four of us played alt shot for 15 hours, the game never gets old.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • TGC2 Beta Team
« Reply #8388 on: May 11, 2018, 08:47:03 AM »
This thread should have died 500 pages ago, but it was fun at one time. I still play perfect golf everyday, but I played Links 2003 up until the day the lobby went offline probably do the same with perfect golf. Andrew posted they are still working on perfect golf two, but even if that never happens I have had just great time playing the game. Last saturday four of us played alt shot for 15 hours, the game never gets old.
As I always stated in the past, the death of perfect golf honestly came down to it's dated appearance. It would be one thing if the graphics were trying to look old for the sake of nostalgia, but it was just actually how it looked.  My 13 years old son said it best when viewing it on YouTube, he said "hey Dad, is that an 80's golf game"…....   All hostility aside I'm glad people have it as an option whom like golf games.  I love video golf but the look of the game kept me from playing.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

Buck

« Reply #8389 on: May 12, 2018, 01:17:19 PM »
I still play my 2-3 rounds per night with my Uncle.
Everything else aside, there are some nice courses (especially the RCR's) and the real time matchplay works perfectly for us.

We are hoping to be able to jump on the TGC 2019 parade, but just waiting to see what the offering really ends up being.
Fingers crossed!

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8390 on: May 12, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »
Does anyone know if the bellerive country club greens on perfect golf are correct,took a while to find forum post over there released in 2015 looking at a few pics i have found they seem pretty good,he has not been online since 2016 so i assume he is not around just a long shot question.its a fantastic version of the course.

It was one of my favorite courses when I was playing JNPG regularly.  I can't say how accurately the greens reflect the real course, but it was a delight to play.  I'll have to go back and give JNPG another go with my new 4K HDR TV I picked up this week, and I'll play Bellerive when I do!
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #8391 on: May 13, 2018, 07:55:48 AM »
Tks JC looking at google maps from last year,they have built 4-5 run offs at some of the greens,its a fantastic course i feel on PG,Got the routeing all mapped out,but the height data from google maps seems off to me.Might wait for some flyovers closer to the PGA to see if i finish this one or not.The 6th hole there the par 3 is a really great hole.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8392 on: May 14, 2018, 10:54:53 AM »
Tks JC looking at google maps from last year,they have built 4-5 run offs at some of the greens,its a fantastic course i feel on PG,Got the routeing all mapped out,but the height data from google maps seems off to me.Might wait for some flyovers closer to the PGA to see if i finish this one or not.The 6th hole there the par 3 is a really great hole.

I played a few holes there last night and I'm going to try to play a full round there today Yeltzman.  I'll try to compare what I see there to whatever video I can find on the real course.  It's an interesting course and I would still count it among my top 10 JNPG courses.

On another note, my three holes of play at Bellerive showed me that JNPG doesn't get nearly as much of a facelift from displaying it on a 4K HDR display as TGC 2.  It still had that DirectX 9 throwback look to it, although the lighting range was noticeably more dynamic.  I would really love to see this game get updated to DirectX 12, mo-capped golfers, 3-D rough, and native 4K/HDR assets!
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Buck

« Reply #8393 on: May 15, 2018, 02:24:29 PM »
I still dislike perfect golf and have not completed one full 18 holes to this day.
According to steam I have 26 hours played,I tried and failed so many times to complete a round.

Sorry to hear that!
I'm well over a 1,000 hours on it myself now.

For head to head real time matchplay, it's really great.
The lobby makes linking up a cinch and the multiplayer setup and options are intuitive and responsive.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8394 on: May 15, 2018, 02:49:05 PM »
I played a couple of rounds last night of JNPG on my new 6-Series TCL 4K Ultra-HD display.  I need to correct something I said in my previous reply here... I *thought* I was playing Bellerive in 2160p, but I was not, and that led to my comment that I didn't think JNPG got as much help from 2160p on a wider dynamic range display as TGC 2. 

Last night, I went into the JNPG settings menu and found the graphics still set to 1080p.  I changed it to 2160p and took to the course.  I also started out at one of Perfect Parallel's premium courses, Bethesda, with the new resolution settings.  It made a big difference in the looks of the course!  The fairway, tee, and green textures at this course are already among the best in the game, but this made them really striking!  There's nothing you can do with the ugly heavy rough in JNPG, and the higher res was no help in that department.  I also thought some of the trees looked more natural, but there's still a spongey look to some of them, just higher resolution looking sponges ;)

I also played Bellerive in total and even though I scored terribly, I enjoyed the round in the new look of the game at this res and wider light/color range.  I'd forgotten how much I enjoy the straight on reverse snap camera views that JNPG offers as an option.  Yeah, sometimes they have to trolley back to keep the ball in view, but I can live with that for what they offer when the original reverse angle camera position stays fixed. 

As much as I like the look (sans the bent left arm) and feel of TGC 2's mo-capped swing, I find that I'm much more able to execute a partial full swing with a reasonable degree of modulation in JNPG.  I can't imagine how well even the current implementation of JNPG would play with a properly mo-capped golfer in a DirectX 12 graphics environment! :o
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

mebby

« Reply #8395 on: May 15, 2018, 02:52:18 PM »
I played a couple of rounds last night of JNPG on my new 6-Series TCL 4K Ultra-HD display.  I need to correct something I said in my previous reply here... I *thought* I was playing Bellerive in 2160p, but I was not, and that led to my comment that I didn't think JNPG got as much help from 2160p on a wider dynamic range display as TGC 2. 

Last night, I went into the JNPG settings menu and found the graphics still set to 1080p.  I changed it to 2160p and took to the course.  I also started out at one of Perfect Parallel's premium courses, Bethesda, with the new resolution settings.  It made a big difference in the looks of the course!  The fairway, tee, and green textures at this course are already among the best in the game, but this made them really striking!  There's nothing you can do with the ugly heavy rough in JNPG, and the higher res was no help in that department.  I also thought some of the trees looked more natural, but there's still a spongey look to some of them, just higher resolution looking sponges ;)

I also played Bellerive in total and even though I scored terribly, I enjoyed the round in the new look of the game at this res and wider light/color range.  I'd forgotten how much I enjoy the straight on reverse snap camera views that JNPG offers as an option.  Yeah, sometimes they have to trolley back to keep the ball in view, but I can live with that for what they offer when the original reverse angle camera position stays fixed. 

As much as I like the look (sans the bent left arm) and feel of TGC 2's mo-capped swing, I find that I'm much more able to execute a partial full swing with a reasonable degree of modulation in JNPG.  I can't imagine how well even the current implementation of JNPG would play with a properly mo-capped golfer in a DirectX 12 graphics environment! :o

I'm guessing you'll get reacquainted with those trees in TGC 2019 very soon!
Steam Name - Turnerm05

Buck

« Reply #8396 on: May 15, 2018, 02:54:14 PM »
@JC - Fire up Winged Foot sometime if you have it.
I'd be curious to hear how that holds up since they used, what appears to be, sat imagery to great effect.

I love the way that course looks as the real world imagery lends so much interest and variability to how it looks all over.

Buck

« Reply #8397 on: May 15, 2018, 02:57:21 PM »
As much as I like the look (sans the bent left arm) and feel of TGC 2's mo-capped swing, I find that I'm much more able to execute a partial full swing with a reasonable degree of modulation in JNPG.

One of the real strengths to me of the PG swing and environment is just how minimal it is.
For me it does make it pretty enjoyable to play.  There isn't a lot to tweak other than the "blue ball thing" occasionally and I can just sort of aim, club and execute and work myself around really well.

I've even stuck with full no-grid, no aids putting for over a month now.  Despite the camera challenges with it at times, it is absolutely my favorite way to play and is the best digital golf experience I've ever had.  If they ever add some custom camera presets I could toggle through, it would be the bees knees.  Maybe in PG 2 aka PG 2021

I'm not sure it applies to TGC as I never got into no grids mode here, but I honestly score nearly as well on PG with no grid/aids as with them and I enjoy it a ton more without to boot!

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #8398 on: May 15, 2018, 09:12:49 PM »

I played a few holes there last night and I'm going to try to play a full round there today Yeltzman.  I'll try to compare what I see there to whatever video I can find on the real course.  It's an interesting course and I would still count it among my top 10 JNPG courses.

On another note, my three holes of play at Bellerive showed me that JNPG doesn't get nearly as much of a facelift from displaying it on a 4K HDR display as TGC 2.  It still had that DirectX 9 throwback look to it, although the lighting range was noticeably more dynamic.  I would really love to see this game get updated to DirectX 12, mo-capped golfers, 3-D rough, and native 4K/HDR assets!
I've never completed a full round either. 

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8399 on: May 19, 2018, 03:36:04 PM »
@JC - Fire up Winged Foot sometime if you have it.
I'd be curious to hear how that holds up since they used, what appears to be, sat imagery to great effect.

I love the way that course looks as the real world imagery lends so much interest and variability to how it looks all over.

I did what you requested on the front 9 at Winged Foot this morning Buck.  I had it displaying at 2160p and good (not ultra) graphics settings within the game.  These are the same settings I use at 1080p, and the switch to 2160p only causes a 2 to 3 FPS loss, from 53 to 50 FPS, on average at Winged Foot. 

It is also one of my favorite courses to play in JNPG, because of its unique, custom looking environment and objects.  The result?  It was hot & cold in some peculiar ways.  The brightness of the TLC 6-Series display at the settings I'd used when playing Bethesda Golf Club were way too high for Winged Foot.  You know how they did a good job of capturing the 'almost burned out from being mowed too close during a drought' look of the greens at Winged Foot?  That look is too strong on this set and it looks like I'm putting on lightly green tinted cardboard.

The course objects, houses, fences, etc. look fantastic though.  I was really struck by that.   OTOH, some of the trees looked worse on this set... the ones that are real light green (not sure what type they're supposed to be), look totally artificial.  The stately old oak trees look fantastic though.  The heavy rough honestly has its pixelated construction exposed even more on this set.  It's really off-putting when you're on the green and see something that unnatural looking so close to the green.

I guess I could spend more time adjusting the TLC's settings and get something that reflects the course better, but I question how far I want to go with this?  I'm already doing it to a much lesser degree in TGC 2, mostly because the lighting varies so widely in that game, but Winged Foot on the TCL would require more than just brightness and/or backlighting adjustments.

FWIW, I shot a 42 in my nine holes there... I've totally lost my feel for JNPG putting.  I four putted the first hole from 24 feet for a double bogey  >:( 
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

space-cash