Perfect Golf

• 8827 Replies

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #8550 on: July 09, 2018, 09:06:35 PM »
I would have to say that it is more the drama this thread brings to these forums than an rabid interest in PG.

This thread if the title were TGC1/2 would not last a week on Mikey's forum because TGC fanboys don't even go there.

I suppose that if you don't like this thread you could always steer clear of it and comment on something else!

Why should you guys have all the fun?

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8551 on: July 10, 2018, 12:20:03 AM »
Interesting snipped about the leaked data:

The biggest downside to this data is the fact that it is entirely based on Achievements. Defined by developers themselves, only about 13,000 of the roughly 23,000 games on Steam currently have any. Some "Achievement denominators" do not exactly match up with players' data when provided by the developers themselves. On top of it, the data does not provide info on how many owned copies were never actually played.

Yeah, that bit taints things a bit.  I guess really only the developer and Valve know what the numbers truly are.  I'd think in this case they're at least good for relative comparison on Steam, but perhaps not Steam to the numbers VG Chartz have, which come from who knows where?
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8552 on: July 11, 2018, 09:55:56 PM »
Perfect Parallel's Mike Jones made a very interesting post in "The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR" thread in Perfect Parallel's forum.  He makes some pretty objective comparisons between JNPG and TGC 1/2/2910, IMO.  Here's a link if you're interested in reading:

http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic/10053-the-golf-club-2019-featuring-pga-tour/?p=160409
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

superace33

« Reply #8553 on: July 11, 2018, 10:52:06 PM »
Perfect Parallel's Mike Jones made a very interesting post in "The Golf Club 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR" thread in Perfect Parallel's forum.  He makes some pretty objective comparisons between JNPG and TGC 1/2/2910, IMO.  Here's a link if you're interested in reading:

http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic/10053-the-golf-club-2019-featuring-pga-tour/?p=160409
This is interesting.. TBH I'd play PG if it ever came to PS4 but that's never happening. The more golf games the better IMO. More realistic style games that is.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8554 on: July 11, 2018, 11:23:55 PM »
This is interesting.. TBH I'd play PG if it ever came to PS4 but that's never happening. The more golf games the better IMO. More realistic style games that is.

I read a post from the devs last year in which they indicated they had PG running in an XBox One environment.  We all know that never came about in Quarter 1 of 2017 like they once announced would be the case.  I think they realized that a DirectX 9 compatible golf game, with a golfer that looks like a character out of Night of the Living Dead, and rough that looks like carpet underlayment wouldn't fly in a console game in 2017. 

It'll be interesting to see if they do get a PC version of PG 2 out, with Turf Effects rough and a new mo-capped golfer on the PC.  If that happens and is successful, I think we'll possibly see an XBox One version, and then a PS4 version.  If the PC version happens within a year, I'll be shocked though.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #8555 on: July 12, 2018, 07:46:09 AM »

Commenting on competitor activities in that way and in such a channel is a fairly large business faux pas.

HB has been pure professionals in regards to other golf games.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #8556 on: July 12, 2018, 08:40:27 AM »

Commenting on competitor activities in that way and in such a channel is a fairly large business faux pas.

Thanks McB, I was going to say almost the exact same thing but did not want to be taken to task by certain somebodies.

stan_solo

« Reply #8557 on: July 12, 2018, 09:41:33 AM »
Well there's some activity going on over there  ....  after such a long time in hibernation the devs have awoken

Who's that new fella posting over there ?       adl , adx or something like that

mebby

« Reply #8558 on: July 12, 2018, 09:49:41 AM »

LOL!  Seriously?  AK has openly commented on JNPG multiple times (when he was still with HBS).  I feel like both groups are simply being open and honest about their thoughts on both games.  I never had an issue with AK's views on JNPG and I don't have issues with Mike's views on TGC.

AK was even recently commenting in the TGC thread on JNPG's forums.  It was pretty cool to see him in there actually.

In my humble opinion, anyone taking issue with either of these guys commenting on the "other" game is just looking for a reason to be upset.
Steam Name - Turnerm05

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #8559 on: July 12, 2018, 11:32:01 AM »

LOL!  Seriously?  AK has openly commented on JNPG multiple times (when he was still with HBS).  I feel like both groups are simply being open and honest about their thoughts on both games.  I never had an issue with AK's views on JNPG and I don't have issues with Mike's views on TGC.

AK was even recently commenting in the TGC thread on JNPG's forums.  It was pretty cool to see him in there actually.

In my humble opinion, anyone taking issue with either of these guys commenting on the "other" game is just looking for a reason to be upset.

Must be nice to look at the world through rose colored glasses?

Yet you take issue when others opinions about "options" are different than yours.

Therefore IMHO and merging with your HO, anyone taking issue with a different opinion is just looking for a reason to be upset.

Makes no sense but that's how it reads .
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 11:41:40 AM by Dusty Roads »

Buck

« Reply #8560 on: July 12, 2018, 11:33:21 AM »
In the words of the immortal King Kyne:

Hi guys,I'm getting concerned about the general behavior of people on here!

I'm spending a good chunk of my day working on Moderation tasks or reading posts on here where one person is moaning about another person!!

Two things

1) Be nice, it's not hard!
There's no need to go out of your way to upset someone

2) Don't be over sensitive.

thanks
Anthony

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #8561 on: July 12, 2018, 11:42:09 AM »
Irony !!! gotta love it

Buck

« Reply #8562 on: July 12, 2018, 11:42:37 AM »
Anyone remember HB's E3 Trailer from June 2014?
The entire first minute is a joking low blow directly at EA Golf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=61&v=3Tm5PvZhLFA

Everybody here (mostly) seemed to find it "hilarious", including Anthony who defended it in here

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php/topic,3079.0.html

It was just tongue in cheek and fun - but the point remains - shots go across all the bows in these sorts of things.
(even those of boats on the golf course - lol)

It's best to take it all in stride.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8563 on: July 12, 2018, 12:28:17 PM »
I recall Anthony making multiple comments about Perfect Golf.  He wasn't attacking it but was making what I thought were pretty objective comments about it.  I took what Mike had to say about TGC 2019 as a commentary, not an attack.  He's bought both TGC games thus far and plans to buy this one.  I'd say that gives him a right to comment on it in the TGC Off Topic section threads in his own company's forum, just as much as Anthony had a right to comment on JNPG in the Off Topic section here. 

I can see where some would say it's bad form to do this, but IMO, if you're being objective about the competing product, and not libeling or egregiously attacking it, it's not out of line.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:57:48 PM by jcauthen04 »
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Buck

« Reply #8564 on: July 12, 2018, 12:33:57 PM »
I recall Anthony making multiple comments about Perfect Golf.  He wasn't attacking it but was making what I thought were pretty objective comments about it.  I took what Mike had to say about TGC 2019 as a commentary, not an attack.  He's bought both TGC games thus far and plans to buy this one.  I'd say that gives him a right to comment on it in the TGC Off Topic section threads in his own company's forum, just as much as Anthony had a right to comment on JNPG in the Off Topic section here. 

I can see where some would say it's bad form to do this,  but IMO, if you're being objective about the competing product, and not libeling or egregiously attacking it, it's not out of line.

Well said JC.
I thought Mike had some cutting remarks, but I didn't think any of it was unfair at all.

space-cash