Perfect Golf

• 8787 Replies

stan_solo

« Reply #8625 on: August 09, 2018, 01:00:16 PM »
Maxie/GoldenBear has been getting quite testy over there as of late.  He's sent me a few really nasty PMs.

you always get bad apples in every forum

I pop over there just to read the TGC thread  ... and guess what ..they have gone off topic in off topic

They have turned on each other like wild dogs

Buck

« Reply #8626 on: August 09, 2018, 01:12:02 PM »
They have turned on each other like wild dogs

That feels a touch hyperbolic honestly.
Things are basically the same on both of these forums, just with different demographics.

If you want to see "wild dogs going at it", engage on this site and mention how you'd like to control the course settings for your own round of golf with friends and how those options are great and should be in the game, much as every other golf game has always had.   :D 

Then marvel at the commentary from the local Picasso's and Monet's about how we are looking at their paintings in a way they didn't intend...  ::)

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:15:02 PM by Buck »

stan_solo

« Reply #8627 on: August 09, 2018, 01:24:54 PM »
Me  ... exaggerate    maybe   

It reminds me of how this place used to be

Buck

« Reply #8628 on: August 09, 2018, 01:32:03 PM »
Me  ... exaggerate    maybe   

It reminds me of how this place used to be

It may wax and wane and go back to that post 2019 release (at least a little).

We are in the honeymoon phase here again (3rd marriage now), where the anticipation and promise (and lack of knowledge) is fully driving excitement for what "could be".  That invariably means some expectations are getting out of whack and no matter what gets released, there will be some unhappy people, some problems, some dashed hopes (usually of their own imagination) and some bickering will resume.

Perhaps they'll moderate it all away - maybe that's what you mean? - But ultimately leading up to a new release with a lot of unknowns usually is about as happy as a forum can get.  Unless they release PGA 2000 mixed with *only* the good parts of TW, Rory, Links and TGC 1/2 - Don't worry, they won't - they'll be plenty of things to gripe out now and forever.  lol

For instance - I'm sure they've done something to the course design situation in 2019 that will flat out enrage the local Picasso & Monet, many of which whom don't realize that as much their contributions to the art gallery are warmly appreciated, wouldn't actually cause the gallery to close if they were to no longer be posting their artwork within.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:34:35 PM by Buck »

stan_solo

« Reply #8629 on: August 09, 2018, 01:41:19 PM »
Honeymoon phase is a good place to be  ... full of optimism despite the clamouring for a pinpoint release date

Over there it's like a couple living together and neither party willing to sign the divorce papers  ... downright demoralising

Anyhow I'm not looking for dual at high noon  .... it's just my take

Buck

« Reply #8630 on: August 09, 2018, 01:43:30 PM »
Honeymoon phase is a good place to be  ... full of optimism despite the clamouring for a pinpoint release date
Over there it's like a couple living together and neither party willing to sign the divorce papers

The honeymoon phase is fleeting - enjoy it while it lasts  ;) :D
It won't be long before there are a few here filing divorce papers and arguing over the TV and Couch...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 01:45:21 PM by Buck »

stan_solo

« Reply #8631 on: August 09, 2018, 04:01:03 PM »
Not being anti PG, if it comes across that way with my observations

Always had a keen eye on it's development and disappointed PG 2 has stalled mid flight
It was looking promising with mo cap , 3D tuft and a console version on it's agenda

Some say the best bits from both games would go a long way towards a rewarding golfing experience for nearly everybody

It may still happen but in the meantime the anticipation is with TGC 2019 and that's where the buzz is

Buck

« Reply #8632 on: August 09, 2018, 04:05:20 PM »
...disappointed PG 2 has stalled mid flight

You and me both..

I'm also really bummed that EA bailed on Rory before fleshing it out.
Nobody can touch the budget and resources they have, plus the Frostbite start they had going.

Could you imagine Frostbite visuals back on PC with the kind of hardware PC gamers could throw at that nowadays?
It would have been amaaaazing...

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #8633 on: August 09, 2018, 04:44:50 PM »
JC!  We miss you over there!

Mr 4k HDR Fluid Sensory Mo-Cap !   ;D :D ;) 
Can't blame ya' though..

All that's left is the AARP organized nursing home of Windows Vista users complaining about "the meter sliding" and "tech tips" from one of the biggest idiots I've ever come across online.  #crush-it!

I don't think Crusher, Golden Bear, Maxie, DoGgz, and Richard miss me  :D.  It's like they get upset because someone comes into an "Off Topic" forum section, and enters some positive opinions on some aspects of a competing product!?  What do they think is going to be discussed in a thread called "TGC 2019 Featuring PGA TOUR!?

There are times when there's some really good discussion there though, but it's happening less and less. 

AARP nursing home of Windows Vista users  ;D  That's good comedy right there, but sadly pretty apt 8)  Anyone threating their 3-click myopia there is frowned upon.  It just gets depressing after a while and that's why I decided I was wasting my time there.  I'll keep popping in for news from Mike or Andrew on any possible developments wth PG 2, but I'm pretty sure TGC 2019 is going to seize more of my attention here shortly  ;)

Here's the deal though, if TGC 2 hadn't come along, I'd still be playing JNPG regularly to this day.  I got more out of it than I did TGC 1. but TGC 2 erased the gap, and wound up surpassing JNPG, at least in my eyes.  What I can't say is that I don't know that I'd be any more active in the Perfect Golf forums if I was still playing the game regularly.  Then again, I don't think that an engaging forum is a prerequisite for golf game enjoyment.

Yes Jcauth,  I've heard from the grapevine that a few of those guys over at PG look at you in a trollish kind of way..   Kind of like I've been pegged around here recently...  I guess it can happen to anyone unfortunately..  I still think your awesome though I don't listen to that nonsense...  :)
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8634 on: August 09, 2018, 07:19:40 PM »
Yes Jcauth,  I've heard from the grapevine that a few of those guys over at PG look at you in a trollish kind of way..   Kind of like I've been pegged around here recently...  I guess it can happen to anyone unfortunately..  I still think your awesome though I don't listen to that nonsense...  :)

What I don't get is how some of the guys in that forum can't seem to get it in their head that Perfect Parallel is okay with the TGC 2019 thread being in their off-topic section.  Heck, Mike Jones himself has been involved in the dialogue there (while it was still a dialogue) with some constructive and informative posts.  I enjoy having discussions with people who have different perspectives and opinions than me, but when I'm perceived as being a troll for trying to have a meaningful discussion about an approved topic, it's time to move on.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Buck

« Reply #8635 on: August 09, 2018, 07:22:11 PM »
It's all just pent up frustration...
I think it's mostly people that are just jealous that their game of choice isn't being actively developed (publicly) and the future is a big box of unknown.

It really is silly.  I participate here and there, but I don't even play TGC and it's not looking like that will change..
In fact, I still play TW14, some Rory from time to time, PG 4-5 times per week...  I like to dip my toes in lots of areas and have opinions on all of it.

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #8636 on: August 09, 2018, 08:43:58 PM »
I think it's mostly people that are just jealous that their game of choice isn't being actively developed (publicly) and the future is a big box of unknown.

^^^ This  ;)

-MERACE

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8637 on: August 09, 2018, 09:48:06 PM »
It's all just pent up frustration...

Excellent point, and one to which I hadn't given any consideration.  It would explain at least some of their angst.

It really is silly.  I participate here and there, but I don't even play TGC and it's not looking like that will change..
In fact, I still play TW14, some Rory from time to time, PG 4-5 times per week...  I like to dip my toes in lots of areas and have opinions on all of it.

I'm an odd ball, but I go back and play Tiger Woods 10 on my 360 3 or 4 times a month.  It had a club tuner in it in which you could tailor the game's difficulty to pretty much whatever suited you.  I got it dialed in to where I'm happy to break 70 and hit 65% FIRS & GIRS.  It's got a pretty nice broadcast style presentation also.  I hope there will turn out to be elements of TGC 2019 that may compel you to try it.  I don't think we can base a complete judgment of how it will play based on what we saw in the stress test.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

stan_solo

« Reply #8638 on: August 10, 2018, 11:24:23 AM »
I'm an odd ball, but I go back and play Tiger Woods 10 on my 360 3 or 4 times a month.   

Because of my freezing issues I have also fired up Tiger 10 on my 360
Having not played it for over 10 months it felt very strange playing it

TBH we kind of got a bit bored as TGC 2 surpasses it in almost every department and it felt stale in comparison
Still it was a great game and gave us many years of enjoyment but now it's time to lay it to rest

Probably sell my 360 as a retro console now    :)

Jwheels9876

« Reply #8639 on: August 10, 2018, 02:57:44 PM »
It seems like PGs 'design a course' competition did its job and took people's minds off a possible PG2!
If the game is still in developement why aren't the devs giving some sort of progress update I wonder!

In recent weeks there have been a few top designers over there who have openly said they were done releasing courees for PG. This contest has brought them back in the mix which is a good thing for those of us playing PG on the sim and also to keep guys around who had grown stale on PG1. Deflecting thoughts away from pg2 probably had something to do with it also lol.

I've thought from day 1of the buy out that PG2 was not coming out for the console or PC and maybe not even for non trackman simulators. Trackman is a 20k machine, if anything it deserves it's own exclusive top notch simulator software.

space-cash