Perfect Golf

• 8827 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8715 on: August 09, 2018, 09:48:06 PM »
It's all just pent up frustration...
I think it's mostly people that are just jealous that their game of choice isn't being actively developed (publicly) and the future is a big box of unknown.

Excellent point, and one to which I hadn't given any consideration.  It would explain at least some of their angst.

It really is silly.  I participate here and there, but I don't even play TGC and it's not looking like that will change..
In fact, I still play TW14, some Rory from time to time, PG 4-5 times per week...  I like to dip my toes in lots of areas and have opinions on all of it.

I'm an odd ball, but I go back and play Tiger Woods 10 on my 360 3 or 4 times a month.  It had a club tuner in it in which you could tailor the game's difficulty to pretty much whatever suited you.  I got it dialed in to where I'm happy to break 70 and hit 65% FIRS & GIRS.  It's got a pretty nice broadcast style presentation also.  I hope there will turn out to be elements of TGC 2019 that may compel you to try it.  I don't think we can base a complete judgment of how it will play based on what we saw in the stress test.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

stan_solo

« Reply #8716 on: August 10, 2018, 11:24:23 AM »
I'm an odd ball, but I go back and play Tiger Woods 10 on my 360 3 or 4 times a month.   

Because of my freezing issues I have also fired up Tiger 10 on my 360
Having not played it for over 10 months it felt very strange playing it

TBH we kind of got a bit bored as TGC 2 surpasses it in almost every department and it felt stale in comparison
Still it was a great game and gave us many years of enjoyment but now it's time to lay it to rest

Probably sell my 360 as a retro console now    :)

Jwheels9876

« Reply #8717 on: August 10, 2018, 02:57:44 PM »
It seems like PGs 'design a course' competition did its job and took people's minds off a possible PG2!
If the game is still in developement why aren't the devs giving some sort of progress update I wonder!

In recent weeks there have been a few top designers over there who have openly said they were done releasing courees for PG. This contest has brought them back in the mix which is a good thing for those of us playing PG on the sim and also to keep guys around who had grown stale on PG1. Deflecting thoughts away from pg2 probably had something to do with it also lol.

I've thought from day 1of the buy out that PG2 was not coming out for the console or PC and maybe not even for non trackman simulators. Trackman is a 20k machine, if anything it deserves it's own exclusive top notch simulator software.

stan_solo

« Reply #8718 on: August 10, 2018, 03:00:27 PM »
Wow stan_solo almost a million views in an off topic thread about perfect golf.

When it happens ... I hope I get a trophy     :)

Buck

« Reply #8719 on: August 10, 2018, 06:45:17 PM »
I'm an odd ball, but I go back and play Tiger Woods 10 on my 360 3 or 4 times a month.   

Because of my freezing issues I have also fired up Tiger 10 on my 360
Having not played it for over 10 months it felt very strange playing it

TBH we kind of got a bit bored as TGC 2 surpasses it in almost every department and it felt stale in comparison
Still it was a great game and gave us many years of enjoyment but now it's time to lay it to rest

Probably sell my 360 as a retro console now    :)

I don't have much experience with TW10, but I personally think TGC 2, in totality, can't even hold a candle to TW14.

The more modern graphics is about all it has over it, and honestly that's pretty debatable as many elements of TW14 look better than TGC2 to me - just not as crisp obviously.

stan_solo

« Reply #8720 on: August 10, 2018, 08:19:53 PM »
@ gerard

When the time comes  ... I will humbly accept 

It will make a change from the golden shower I usually end up with

stan_solo

« Reply #8721 on: August 10, 2018, 08:33:31 PM »
I don't have much experience with TW10, but I personally think TGC 2, in totality, can't even hold a candle to TW14.

IMO TW14 is not even in the same ball park as TGC 2 but each to their own

I played all the Tigers and found 10 the best of the bunch with 08 a distant second
After 10 I felt the series went into a rapid decline and ended up with Rory [which I never played]

Buck

« Reply #8722 on: August 10, 2018, 08:39:45 PM »

IMO TW14 is not even in the same ball park as TGC 2 but each to their own

Totally agree (to each our own).

TGC 2 is in distant 2nd as a complete package.
TW14 was content loaded with a fully fleshed out career mode with loads of licensed gear, real courses, real golfers and, critically, fully developed multiplayer.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:41:32 PM by Buck »

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #8723 on: August 10, 2018, 09:02:36 PM »
lets also not forget that TW 14 implemented Move technology VERY VERY well..   Of course this is my personal opinion here,  but I was 100% a move player and had some of the best times ever playing that way..    On the flipside though,  I wouldn't like VR because I don't want to wear headgear..   I understand why HB isn't messing with the move though because the demand isn't that great..   Kind of reminds me of the sim argument a little quite honestly in terms of importance to the overall user base.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8724 on: August 10, 2018, 10:00:48 PM »
Tiger Woods 14 never really had a chance with me because if you aren't a fan of 'follow camera' (and it never ticked my box), its other option, the "broadcast camera" was the worst presentation I've ever seen in ANY golf game.  I also wasn't a fan of the diagonal swing interface, even though I recognized that it made the game more challenging.  It just felt like it was a counter-intuitive process to achieve the challenge it presented. 

I thought the next difficulty down, which I think they called "Tour Pro" was pretty good in terms for challenge for a player of my lesser skills.  It didn't rely on the diagonal, thumbstick gymnastics for difficulty, but I either had to relent to follow cam (which ain't gonna happen) or concede to that horrible broadcast cam presentation.  Neither one of them came close to getting the job done. 

I actually preferred Tiger Woods 13 to 14, because it had a "True-Aim" camera presentation that was pretty dang slick.  If they had put Tiger 13's True-Aim camera in Tiger 14 (and "True-Aim" was listed among the camera options in Tiger 14, but it NEVER worked), I would probably still be playing it today... in Tour Pro mode.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Buck

« Reply #8725 on: August 10, 2018, 10:31:37 PM »
Good points about all the TW14 settings though JC.

I absolutely freaking LOVE how they literally just have a long list of all the settings/assists/tweaks and you can just go through and toggle everything to your liking and mode and it all has a xp points multiplier up/down associated with it so you can truly have it "your way" and the challenge and points multiplier is adjusted accordingly.

I thought that was totally brilliant and I love being able to totally make it "how I like it".

That's been a huge frustration of mine with the TGC franchise to this point.  Granted they are moving a bit more towards "play how you want", but I'd love it to go way way further with lockouts on various assists and settings and custom club tuning, on and on.

I get that everyone is obsessed with "how will we compete against each other and how will it be fair" and the course designers are terminally obsessed with their "course records"..

I just don't give a hoot about any of that if it lessens my personal enjoyment. 
That is after all the reason I play games (to enjoy myself).  :D

stan_solo

« Reply #8726 on: August 11, 2018, 08:00:01 AM »
For me the precision putting was a great asset in the game and when they removed that option .. that killed it for me

The putting thereafter was horrendous

Buck

« Reply #8727 on: August 11, 2018, 11:57:28 AM »
lets also not forget that TW 14 implemented Move technology VERY VERY well..   Of course this is my personal opinion here,  but I was 100% a move player and had some of the best times ever playing that way..

This is another great point JE..
I should really dig my Move gear out again and try that once more.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8728 on: August 11, 2018, 02:21:25 PM »
For me the precision putting was a great asset in the game and when they removed that option .. that killed it for me

The putting thereafter was horrendous

Good point... the "precision putting" (although "precision" was a bit of a misnomer because with the stroke meter off, you got no help whatsoever from what we now know as the "spyglass" effect) in Tiger Woods 10 was first rate.  EA Sports started going with the spyglass assists in subsequent titles and it took some of the sport out of it.  I also loved the way the camera production worked for the putting game in Tiger 10.  No golf game since has matched it!
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Buck

« Reply #8729 on: August 11, 2018, 02:23:17 PM »
Does TGC still have the spyglass aiming arrow assist thing?
My memory right on that?

Isn’t the distance error smoothed out to help you depending on where the aiming point goes?
Or if it’s gone, wasn’t that part of TGC1?  (I’m getting old on memory here)

space-cash