Bug - Player not responding with mouse pull back. Can't take shot ?

• 23 Replies

Truebritdk

« on: June 27, 2015, 04:00:51 AM »
Hi. I've clocked up over 110 hours playing the Golf Club on a PC with a mouse - specifically with a Microsoft mouse or sometimes a wireless Logitech. Yesterday suddenly, the back swing action to hit the ball didn't happen when I pressed the left button and pulled the mouse back...as I had done thousands of times before. The cursor was still working on the screen and I could select items from the menu..I .just couldn't make the player make the shot???

I tried several things - starting a different course, restarting the whole game, rebooting the PC, going to launch options and resetting input, going to controllers within the game to make sure mouse controls, trying two different mice I had etc. At one point it started working again but after about 6 holes it stopped working again and I haven't been able to get it to work again??  I have even verified the cache through Steam a couple of times.

Can anyone offer any advice or has anyone else had this problem??
Truebritdk

Cheagles

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 12:31:44 PM »
Do you have other input devices plugged in? Controller, wheel, joystick?  Once you get on a course, go to the pause menu and select Assign Controller, and accept the prompt with your mouse.

nfhunter

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 09:41:01 AM »
I have the same issue seems to have started with last update. Game is for the most part unplayable now. Any answers?

Cheagles

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 11:08:11 AM »
I have the same issue seems to have started with last update. Game is for the most part unplayable now. Any answers?

Did you try the above suggestion?  Other devices plugged in?  What is your 'Default Gameplay Controller' in your Settings > Controls?

nfhunter

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 03:24:28 PM »
I have tried it all except I heard changing from 64 bit to 32 bit. Driving the ball is fine the problem starts in the short game especially pitching, putting etc. I never had any issues until the last update.

longhitteruwe

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 04:18:58 PM »
Hey guys i have the same issue like them other guys, and 2 friends of mine have the same problem aswell. I think its time to get an answer.
I and my friends have no gamepad or other devices plugged in so it has something to do with the last update.
Please give us any information how long it will take to fix this issue or if there is any trick to fix it on our own let us know.

Thanks in advance
Uwe

Come on HB give us some help guys this is crazy all PC Mouse players are screwed now and the only you does is asking if they have other devices plugged in?
You srewed it up with the last update because before it was working just fine.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 04:48:52 PM by longhitteruwe »

alantoft

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 07:09:01 PM »
Hey guys i have the same issue like them other guys, and 2 friends of mine have the same problem aswell. I think its time to get an answer.
I and my friends have no gamepad or other devices plugged in so it has something to do with the last update.
Please give us any information how long it will take to fix this issue or if there is any trick to fix it on our own let us know.

Thanks in advance
Uwe

Come on HB give us some help guys this is crazy all PC Mouse players are screwed now and the only you does is asking if they have other devices plugged in?
You srewed it up with the last update because before it was working just fine.

Changing to 32bit solves the problem but in the long run it is not the answer. Quick fix - yes but still want to be able to use 64bit.

longhitteruwe

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 03:58:19 AM »
That would be joke if everybody has to get to 32 bit to solve the issue. And what that means anyways? Just changing the game to 32 bit? How i do that anyways?

longhitteruwe

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 04:28:41 AM »
Ok there was another update this morning and the issue seems to be fixed.
Thanks guys.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 07:24:15 AM »
It moves... but

not executing the current swing. Must be the one from last week or so its doing.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Lucantropo

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 05:44:12 AM »
It looks like they sometimes forget that there are players using a Mouse when releasing a new update.

That's how much we're considerated... definitely wasted money for an unplayable game, for me. I'm waiting (without playing) for an "August Update" (if there'll be any) otherwise I'll post my review on Steam and, if there won't be a BIG improvement about that, it will be another very bad one. My patience is almost definitely over.
Intel Core i5 4570 3,6Ghz
8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 1600Mhz
NVidia GeForce GTX 970
Kingston SSD
Creative Sound Blaster Z
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 12:42:09 PM »
I know the mouse controls were being worked on by the dev team.  I just sent a message to find out if they have been updated or if they are still working on them and  where it all stands.  I will post back as soon as I hear something.

Lucantropo

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 05:25:57 AM »
Thank you Keith.

Will be very appreciate to hear if something is going on (anche how) or if we're simply waiting for Godot...  :P ;)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:29:32 AM by Lucantropo »
NVidia GeForce GTX 970
Kingston SSD
Creative Sound Blaster Z
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2015, 09:53:13 PM »
Dev team wrote back saying they are still working on it.  Some machines in the test area work great and on one it doesn't so they want to make sure they have it cleaned up before releasing it.

Lucantropo

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 11:40:09 AM »
Thank you.

don't you have any other detail about which changes has been made? Is it just a "sensitivity tune up" or they developed a different type of input, for example a real time reaction ?
NVidia GeForce GTX 970
Kingston SSD
Creative Sound Blaster Z
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

space-cash