Karukera Island Open is set up for your enjoyement

• 2 Replies

Doume6307

• GroupMember
    • DB Golf Designs
« on: July 14, 2015, 12:40:27 PM »
Hi all,

I have uploaded for more versions of Karukera Island to set up a tour with four rounds in different conditions and different pins. The circuit is set up with preview and grid disabled so it may me useful to have at least one practice round on each of the courses.

The first day has mid fairway and green speeds, and starts early morning.
     On the cut day, the fairways and green are slightly more dry and quick but not that much and the start is in the evening.
     On the moving day, tropical showers are dampening the course and the fairways and greens are slow.
     On the final day, the wind has blown in the night and the fairways and green are a lot faster, but not at the max so it is always playable, though it is tough to stop the ball on some greens. It's a day to test you chip and run skills ! The final day routing is a little altered as the course plays about 200 yds longer. The tee of the 1st is moved bak to the 10th tee, making it a very tough opening hole while it is a birdie hole on other days. The 4th tee is moved back too to make the hole play as a par5 with a pin on the front tier, a really unfair placement in the par 4 setting. The 7th tee is moved to the shortest of the 6th tees, changing radically the angle of the drive. Then, with a back wind, you can drive over the water channel and land very next to the green. As the 1st tee is on the regular 10th tee, this last is moved 10 yds forward wich enables the drive to clear more easily the big hump that crosses the fairway. The 12th tee is moved back and down, making the drive very hard to reach the fairway plateau and leaving a long iron to this difficult perched green. The 14th tee is move back and up next to the top of the volcano. The drive is the a huge plunge toward the sea and the second shot is now a long iron to a slick green. The 15th tee is moved back a little just enough to make it play as a real par 5 as the pin is tucked to the right among the trees. Finally, the last is turned to a par 4, moving the tee forward to make the second part of the fairway reachable with the driver. But that's not a gift as it is now very difficult to record a birdie on that last hole of the competition. If you need one at that moment, you may experience some wet deceptions.

So, for those who do not want to compete the full open, I strongly suggest to play the final day setting to get a strongest challenge than the initial course release.

I hope you will have as fun to play this one as I had to design it.

Dominique

More pics there : http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=11154.0

My TGC2 Courses :

Fort Lonesome Bay'18
TGCFrance-Stadium
BeechWood Valley G.C.
Bocca del Principe(Members)
La Verda Stelo - Members(fixed)
Prestnoch Public Golf Links

ragingpdm

• GroupMember
  • Rookie golfer
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 06:25:22 PM »
Wow. Thanks. I'm a noob so these courses got me all excited to hop on & take my shot at them.

THERAYaka

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 08:02:16 AM »
A great course, thank you! I found the location to be beautiful with a wonderful back story. I played both the no frills and moving day versions. The play was challenging while at the same time fair.
Another course that I'm surprised has so little plays. What other courses have you designed?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

space-cash