What's the next theme you like to see?

• 48 Replies

Holmes108

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2015, 08:37:06 PM »
How about a Ireland theme ;
Fields of Shamrocks,Leprechauns causing mischief,a Guinness on every tee followed by Limericks and Celtic folk music.

( I'm Irish btw )  :)
Also Pink Hearts, Orange Stars, Yellow Moons, Green Clovers, Blue Diamonds, and Purple Horseshoes!

XRangerD

• My wife is a golf widow
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2015, 11:19:31 PM »
Carolinas. Tall long leaf pines w/deep unforgiving pine needle duff. Delta type surroundings sand but more orange. Fescue and beach grasses. Wide sandy ocean edges for dunes
Score matters not! Look at me. Judge me by my score do you? And well you should NOT! For my ally is The Course. And a powerful ally it is. Powerful ally. Golf creates it, makes it grow. You must feel The Course around you. Between you, me, the tree, the rock, yes. Even between the ball and the cup.

XRangerD

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2015, 11:21:27 PM »
Don't need an entirely new theme to really change the immersion of some courses. Just give me a variety of swampy Cypress trees with Spanish Moss and you'd see some great creations. My upcoming course could really use them, but I'm not going to wait around.

Cyprus and spanish moss wouldbe awesome
Score matters not! Look at me. Judge me by my score do you? And well you should NOT! For my ally is The Course. And a powerful ally it is. Powerful ally. Golf creates it, makes it grow. You must feel The Course around you. Between you, me, the tree, the rock, yes. Even between the ball and the cup.

XRangerD

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2015, 11:24:29 PM »
Pacific Northwest. Like Vancouver, a temperate rain forest

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2015, 11:00:25 AM »
A parkland theme with Dogwoods, Azaleas, Bradford Pear, Cherry Trees, Oaks, Cedars, and a large variety of upper-middle scale homes.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

D. "Dawg" Jensen

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2015, 01:09:26 PM »
Forget northwest, Pacific WEST coast! Bigfoot country, giant sequoia redwoods, the golden gate region backdrop, San Francisco skyline, Marin headlands, Big Sur, Carmel, Monterrey...

You know, coastlines the rest of the world wish they had all in one state!

Anything north of San Diego and south of Crescent City.

JRuckles

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2015, 02:26:10 PM »
Urban Theme, with apartments / city skyline, with updated parkland type trees.

stonecomet

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2015, 02:50:00 PM »
Urban Theme, with apartments / city skyline, with updated parkland type trees.

This would be really interesting I think.

I was about to say to focus on color palette changes for the original themes, making all place-able objects universally available across all themes and focusing on adding additional object such as different buildings, houses, structures, trees and bushes added to the universal object list. I would rather see HB Studios focus on these before adding another theme. I think before adding another theme the developers should be able to cross a couple of other items of their lists.

1. Getting a very close to finalized swing mechanic that has as much parity as possible between the different standard input devices without any enhancements. A swing that HB Studios is happy with as they want the game to be played.  This would include the adjustments to the short game and any adjustments to the "shot adjustment" model. HB will soon want to have these mechanisms pretty much locked down.

2. The addition of uphill and downhill lie mechanics with an optional local "at your feet" grid that can be toggled on or off in the settings menus. Any other surface, object collision and ball physics. This would include any adjustments made to wind physics on the ball, especially when high winds and proper spin exaggerate the winds effect on the ball.

3. The addition of different modes of play. Match Play, Best Ball as examples.

Once HB Studios can cross some of these off their lists in some way, I would then focus on object additions and reworking old themes before investing too many resources on any new themes. That being said if HB Studios prefers to focus on new themes an Urban Theme would be my vote as well.  :D

XRangerD

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2015, 05:06:48 PM »
Forget northwest, Pacific WEST coast! Bigfoot country, giant sequoia redwoods, the golden gate region backdrop, San Francisco skyline, Marin headlands, Big Sur, Carmel, Monterrey...

Nah. I'm all Californiad out. But I think there could be a good compromise between the two.

I like the idea of updating the original themes. Desert could use color pallete update and additional plant lie yucca, Joshua trees and barrel cactus

Lout Of Order

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2015, 06:01:40 PM »

Nah. I'm all Californiad out. But I think there could be a good compromise between the two.

I like the idea of updating the original themes. Desert could use color pallete update and additional plant lie yucca, Joshua trees and barrel cactus
Update the original themes so new players are not left out in the cold without being forced to purchase the DLC, which also includes the broken seasons mode...

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2015, 10:29:54 PM »
The original themes are being worked on and the Seasons mode should be fixed with the next update.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2015, 10:32:11 PM »
The original themes are being worked on and the Seasons mode should be fixed with the next update.
Does that include the removal of forcing the green-grid to be used?
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2015, 11:50:49 PM »
Does that include the removal of forcing the green-grid to be used?

I haven't heard about any changes to seasons mode.

Thrangar

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2015, 01:26:32 PM »
I have wondered if their agreement with Norman if they are contracted to make so many themes but as some have posted here it wont increase my enjoyment of the game,

I have been here since early release and I find myself quiting the game after 3/4 holes on 2 or 3 courses for a number of reasons.

I am only saying this as feed back from a long time player.

There are a number of them but I will list only three of them as I long ago stopped believing they will be changed, that's not a jab just a belief, and I am only saying this now, in the spirit of some of the posters who want refinement and not additions

1) the wasted time between holes and switching between the screens, but more so that 15/20 second wait at all the first holes as my guy lines up his shot.
2) The lack of wind choice for a chosen course to play, I want to play said course but not in 13-20 mph winds
3) those colored little boxes floating around the course, just takes me right out of the mood to play

as I said as a long time player these have begun to drive me away from everyday play .There are more of course

I have seen others complain /mention these three so I listed them

Even with added fluff and more themes things like  these would still limit my play
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2015, 02:01:29 PM »
Man,   I hope they're working on other things besides themes at this point....   Could more themes and improved themes get better?  Heck yes,  but the social aspect being in the state it's in is bad for business.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

space-cash