Apology to HB

• 39 Replies

RMG70

« on: July 24, 2015, 12:49:25 AM »
Hi guys,

In the last 24 hours i've aired my concerns and frustration over the new swing "method".  I even contemplated going out and getting the Rory game BUT -

I pulled my head out of my arse and gave it a proper go.  Sure I don't hit 100% every time but when do I ever do that on the course anyway.  The realism and shot making has just got 100% better with this change.  Do I swing harder and go for 100% or do I club up and take a slower smoother swing.  I'm in the middle of playing the elite season and prior to the change in event 2 (can't remember the course or event name) i shot 5 under in the first round.  After the change and a few hours of practice rounds I played the second round and shot 10 under.

I realised i'd just been going through the motions previously.  Pick a club, look at the wind, swing & hit 100%.  Now that I am thinking more about my swing and the shot I need to hit, i'm playing better.

Loved the game since launch and love it even more now (let's ignore yesterdays rants about you guys breaking the game)

Humans don't like change but if you take the time and embrace this one, you'll love it.  One cavaet though is that I think people who play "real golf" will get the most out of the change.  Those looking for a video game experience may still find it frustrating.

Well done guys for having the balls to stick with your vision.  A great golf sim just got better and sorry again about my initial negative comments.  Keep up the great work.

NevadaBallin

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 12:53:49 AM »
There ya go :)
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

heshwuan

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 01:19:40 AM »
Youre probably playing better because its much easier to hit it straight now.

DBF104

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 01:25:09 AM »
Ditto to the OP.  I just want to add that the reason most of us were so frustrated was that we love this game so much. It's by far the best video game I have played ever (being a golf lover) and we all have invested so much time into the game.   The game still has flaws but hats off to HB for containing to listen and make improvements.  The new swing mechanics do add some more realism and difficulty to the game, and for those still struggling, hang in there, it will come.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 03:02:27 AM »
New swing is simply not for me. No tempo or rhythm needed still......just fast strong thumbs. Sucked all my enjoyment from the game. Played 12 rounds so far and can get 100% every time. I just refuse to swing like that.
"We don't see that on our end"

HitItLong

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 07:13:03 AM »
New swing is simply not for me. No tempo or rhythm needed still......just fast strong thumbs. Sucked all my enjoyment from the game. Played 12 rounds so far and can get 100% every time. I just refuse to swing like that.

so you want your "94% frame rate linked bug" back, that you whinged incessantly about.  ::)
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

king1987

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 07:44:25 AM »
Hi guys,

In the last 24 hours i've aired my concerns and frustration over the new swing "method".  I even contemplated going out and getting the Rory game BUT -

I pulled my head out of my arse and gave it a proper go.  Sure I don't hit 100% every time but when do I ever do that on the course anyway.  The realism and shot making has just got 100% better with this change.  Do I swing harder and go for 100% or do I club up and take a slower smoother swing.  I'm in the middle of playing the elite season and prior to the change in event 2 (can't remember the course or event name) i shot 5 under in the first round.  After the change and a few hours of practice rounds I played the second round and shot 10 under.

I realised i'd just been going through the motions previously.  Pick a club, look at the wind, swing & hit 100%.  Now that I am thinking more about my swing and the shot I need to hit, i'm playing better.

Loved the game since launch and love it even more now (let's ignore yesterdays rants about you guys breaking the game)

Humans don't like change but if you take the time and embrace this one, you'll love it.  One cavaet though is that I think people who play "real golf" will get the most out of the change.  Those looking for a video game experience may still find it frustrating.

Well done guys for having the balls to stick with your vision.  A great golf sim just got better and sorry again about my initial negative comments.  Keep up the great work.
Well said. Absolutely love the new swing, took me quite a while to adjust but now if I do hit a shot 92-95% I immediately can tell what I did wrong with my swing. Great job HB

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

leslie.sangster

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 07:53:15 AM »

Hi guys,

I second that.

Sent from my iPad

rwfastrax

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 09:41:48 AM »
PS4 user...I'm definitely on board with the new swing now and I also apologize for my hasty criticism without first giving enough concentrated effort to the new timing. I was as frustrated as anyone initially. I only hope all those still frustrated will adapt to the new swing because it's definitely a global improvement on the game as a whole. Can't wait to dial in pitching and chipping as those previously felt like rolling the dice. I realize my member status shows "newbie" or something like that (haven't posted that often)...but I've been playing with the old swing well over a year and have adjusted to the new timing in about 90 minutes. It does not require "slamming the controller" at all. Just better timing than previously.
Courses Created:
Mohawk Mountain Golf Club
Mauna Holoholona (The Zoo course)
Birds on the Bayou
(4 more in process)

WindyCityWizard

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 09:45:56 AM »
I agree. No problems with new swing method.
Still haven't completely figured it out, but willing to keep learning. (this has been my opinion the whole time, actually).

If the game came out this way from the getgo, no one would complain.
We would have all learned how to do it from the start.
Since it didn't and now is in HB's original vision, and we have to re-learn, everyone's up in arms.

Don't change it, HB.
Lots of versions due to refurbishments.
Play the ones exactly how they're listed here:
Tulip Point CC-Queen's Course
Tulip Point-Prince Course
Tulip Point-Royal Forest
Tulip Pt.-King's Course
Tulip Pt.-Royal Meadow
*All courses above have B, C, D versions*

Also,
Timber Trails (RCR)

J3Y 7E9

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 10:43:04 AM »

Still haven't completely figured it out, but willing to keep learning. (this has been my opinion the whole time, actually).

Since it didn't and now is in HB's original vision, and we have to re-learn, everyone's up in arms.

Don't change it, HB.

I completely agree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PSN: J3Y7E9
No training wheels Society

HB_Owen

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 11:44:55 AM »
Hi everyone

Thank you all or your continued support and patience, we hope you all continue to post helpful and constructive criticism and look forward to seeing your personal experiences while enjoying the game.

Cheers

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 11:57:48 AM »

Don't change it, HB.

Absolutely agree!!!  Don't change the swing!  It is great with the update!  It is far more realistic, and challenging.

If we want the game to continue to progress and improve, we have to stick with these swing changes.

I realize it is frustrating to some who are not using HB's vision of a proper swing, but there are many who are able to do that, and many more who are re-learning their swing.

It just requires patience and a positive attitude.

If you don't enjoy the new swing, and do not want to practice, or try a different manner of swing (one thumb instead of two...fast, rather than slow, etc.)  It is your prerogative to stop playing the game.  I think that you are being shortsighted if you do that, especially if the game has provided non stop hours of entertainment. 

Played with a friend last night on the PS4, who was not getting 100% power.  We coached him thru what he needed to do.  He was accepting of our coaching, and by the end of one round was able to get to where he needed to be.  With practice he will be hitting it the way HB envisions the game going forward.  He never complained...he never moaned, he never made excuses.  He simply accepted that he needed to slightly modify how he was doing things.

So glad I have friends like that to play with, than the constant moaning and complaining you see from so many.

AFCTUJacko

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 12:00:10 PM »

or an Xbox  :-\

Lout Of Order

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 12:06:36 PM »

or an Xbox  :-\
This.

I absolutely agree that with a  bit of practice most people should be able to achieve 100% on PS4, the problem comes when the action to achieve this is different to the required action to achieve the same result on Xbox.

The simple solution for me at least is to only play on Xbox, but it's taught me that I should probably never buy another HB on two platforms due to the differences that are likely to be encountered.

Something as repetitive as the golf swing on an analogue stick becomes muscle memory once perfected, so it absolutely has to be consistent to be able to play on both platforms.

space-cash