Apology to HB

• 39 Replies

jeffvader

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 12:15:59 PM »
Hi everyone

Thank you all or your continued support and patience, we hope you all continue to post helpful and constructive criticism and look forward to seeing your personal experiences while enjoying the game.

Cheers

I love how the HB guys only acknowledge it when they get positive feedback. I too can get 100% swings, but I have to swing like happy gilmore to do it. There is no upside to this new swing mechanic.

Im on the pga tour on TGCTours, and you need to guarantee a 100% swing to have any chance. THrowing in a 97% shot can be the difference between being in the bunker or by the flag. I can get 100% by stick slamming.

All the morons who say 'just practice, you'll get it' can go to heck, I have the technique to get 100% and what is required is slamming the stick. Maybe others have a different definition of what constitutes slamming the stick, but to me, it is slamming it.

THe swing mechanic is broken, at least for some PS4 users.

If it is not broken, can anyone explain the videos of people getting 100% swings on pc with a ps4 controller, then on ps4 using the same swing and same controller, they get 95% swings? 

ADMIN?  PLEASE explain this?  'we are doing it wrong' is not an adequate explanation.

The only game in the world with updates that make a game worse.

Can anyone tell me when they're going to use this new found granular swing? lob wedges under 20 yards maybe, and the very occasional 240 yard par 3. But even that will most likely just be a 5w.

Its a nonsense.

EXPLAIN THE PS4 95% but PC 100% with same player, same swing, same pad please?  OBVIOUSLY its not working correctly.

Great business model, annoy loads of your loyal customers just at the same time as your competitor releases a game!

Clc9090

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 12:30:00 PM »

I love how the HB guys only acknowledge it when they get positive feedback. ... There is no upside to this new swing mechanic.

... All the morons ... THe swing mechanic is broken  ... The only game in the world with updates that make a game worse.
... ts a nonsense ... Great business model, annoy loads of your loyal customers ...!

Succinctly put Darth Vader ... the force is strong in this one . . . No good deed goes unpunished HB!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:02:05 PM by Clc9090 »

chrashbird

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 01:21:04 PM »
I'm getting 100% shots more consistent now by pausing a bit longer at the top of the backswing and don't have to slam forward as hard.

The thing that is concerning is the amount of dead straight shots I'm getting. I used to have to look at the controller to get near straight, now after the update I'm looking at the TV for the top of the backswing and I cant seem to hit a bad shot. I may have used to get 1 shot per round that looked straight, had 5 in 4 holes now.

theclv24

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 01:35:53 PM »

I love how the HB guys only acknowledge it when they get positive feedback. I too can get 100% swings, but I have to swing like happy gilmore to do it. There is no upside to this new swing mechanic.

Im on the pga tour on TGCTours, and you need to guarantee a 100% swing to have any chance. THrowing in a 97% shot can be the difference between being in the bunker or by the flag. I can get 100% by stick slamming.

All the morons who say 'just practice, you'll get it' can go to heck, I have the technique to get 100% and what is required is slamming the stick. Maybe others have a different definition of what constitutes slamming the stick, but to me, it is slamming it.

If it is not broken, can anyone explain the videos of people getting 100% swings on pc with a ps4 controller, then on ps4 using the same swing and same controller, they get 95% swings? 

ADMIN?  PLEASE explain this?  'we are doing it wrong' is not an adequate explanation.

Can anyone tell me when they're going to use this new found granular swing? lob wedges under 20 yards maybe, and the very occasional 240 yard par 3. But even that will most likely just be a 5w.

Its a nonsense.

EXPLAIN THE PS4 95% but PC 100% with same player, same swing, same pad please?  OBVIOUSLY its not working correctly.

Great business model, annoy loads of your loyal customers just at the same time as your competitor releases a game!

Maybe ask yourself the question... Would you respond to you?

There is a way to post critical feedback, and a way not to.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 02:13:31 PM »
I'm getting 100% shots more consistent now by pausing a bit longer at the top of the backswing and don't have to slam forward as hard.

The thing that is concerning is the amount of dead straight shots I'm getting. I used to have to look at the controller to get near straight, now after the update I'm looking at the TV for the top of the backswing and I cant seem to hit a bad shot. I may have used to get 1 shot per round that looked straight, had 5 in 4 holes now.

HB has commented on this - sounds like a bug and will be fixed.

AFCTUJacko

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 02:43:52 PM »

Its a nonsense.

Thing is CLV, i understand Jeff's frustrations. Not all of his posts were quite that angry and he's been pretty much totally ignored.

As has anyone else who doesn't tow the "I'm starting to get it now" line come to think of it

leslie.sangster

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 02:46:49 PM »

I'm getting the straight shots now since the update, I've tried to deliberately slice and hook and I can't get it outside the red cone.
I'm on XB1
I'm also just thinking how hard it would be to to program the option to press the left stick in to get a practice swing option without hitting the ball, that way PS4 players could practice the swing before hitting an actual ball.

Sent from my iPad

theclv24

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 02:47:52 PM »

Thing is CLV, i understand Jeff's frustrations. Not all of his posts were quite that angry and he's been pretty much totally ignored.

As has anyone else who doesn't tow the "I'm starting to get it now" line come to think of it

Anthony replied in other posts outlining the dilemma between change it or not change it. I don't care what side anyone is on, but to say that they are only accepting positive feedback isn't true in my mind.

Either way, the reactionary behavior is a good way to end the positive, open relationship between the developers and the users. I don't know where you write a post like that and expect a positive engagement.

Jambomakaveli

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 03:04:40 PM »

Could you possibly puts a link to where they commented on this please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCityWizard

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2015, 03:27:38 PM »

Could you possibly puts a link to where they commented on this please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The "Hooking" thread. Owen says it's an unintended bug.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:04:40 PM by WindyCityWizard »
Lots of versions due to refurbishments.
Play the ones exactly how they're listed here:
Tulip Point CC-Queen's Course
Tulip Point-Prince Course
Tulip Point-Royal Forest
Tulip Pt.-King's Course
Tulip Pt.-Royal Meadow
*All courses above have B, C, D versions*

Also,
Timber Trails (RCR)

Pubknight

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2015, 03:31:48 PM »

Anthony replied in other posts outlining the dilemma between change it or not change it. I don't care what side anyone is on, but to say that they are only accepting positive feedback isn't true in my mind.

Either way, the reactionary behavior is a good way to end the positive, open relationship between the developers and the users. I don't know where you write a post like that and expect a positive engagement.

Further to that, what HB also said was they were going to monitor things for a few days, gather some data, and come to a conclusion.
A lot of the posts have been:
"This is broken
Fix it now
NOW
Right now
Like, I want a post, in the next post in this thread acknowledging that it is broken and you are going to fix it now"

HB's in 'collect data' mode.
What more can they really say at this stage?

theclv24

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 03:36:33 PM »

Further to that, what HB also said was they were going to monitor things for a few days, gather some data, and come to a conclusion.
A lot of the posts have been:
"This is broken
Fix it now
NOW
Right now
Like, I want a post, in the next post in this thread acknowledging that it is broken and you are going to fix it now"

HB's in 'collect data' mode.
What more can they really say at this stage?

Yeah, it's the impatience and reactionary behavior that is annoying. I find the behavior to be very ***-ish.

Regardless, I think the outcome of this update follows a long-established pattern that is never going to change. More people want easy golf video games than those who want hard video games. It's been proven many times over and is not going to change. People who want a hard game will play an easy game if that is all that is given to them. People who want an easy game won't play a hard game.

red5xx

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2015, 03:51:48 PM »
Yeah, it's the impatience and reactionary behavior that is annoying.

I agree there has been a lot of exaggerated, reactionary responses from complainers. I also think a lot of that behavior was brought on by reactionary responses from those who support the new system when they insisted, often in a rude tone, that there was in fact nothing wrong with the game and all the people complaining basically weren't smart enough to figure it out. Frankly, that is highly insulting and, in my opinion, led to things snowballing and people taking sides unnecessarily.

I also don't think people (at least in this community) are necessarily against ore difficult golf games, so long as they are hard in a way that makes sense. If the developers had simply made it harder to hit a straight shot, that is one thing. Instead, all that really changed (the granular changes are negligible to me) is how aggressive you have to swing to get 100%. It doesn't take more skill or tempo or practice, just more willingness to slam the stick forward. That's not the best way to add difficulty in my opinion.

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2015, 04:03:47 PM »
Hi everyone

Thank you all or your continued support and patience, we hope you all continue to post helpful and constructive criticism and look forward to seeing your personal experiences while enjoying the game.

Cheers

Its a nonsense.

The issue was though, that you were getting 100 no matter how you swung when the frame rate was low. Then with the same swing, depending on frame rate you'd get 94% out of the blue. Making it massively inconsistent.
Now the same swing and same tempo will get you the same result every time, so it is consistent.
Being a PGA player, your mental skills as well as your swing skills should be above the rest, this means that when taking a shot this extra variable should help you rather than hinder you 

XRangerD

• My wife is a golf widow
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2015, 07:11:42 PM »

Its a nonsense.

I don't "tow the line" and I'll bet those who are"getting it" don't either. Maybe, just friggin maybe, we really ARE successfully adjusting our swings. Instead of calling us sycophantic idiots who don't really know how to play, maybe you should consider that.
Score matters not! Look at me. Judge me by my score do you? And well you should NOT! For my ally is The Course. And a powerful ally it is. Powerful ally. Golf creates it, makes it grow. You must feel The Course around you. Between you, me, the tree, the rock, yes. Even between the ball and the cup.

space-cash