A leter to Anthony Kyne, the slammin issue of a controller

• 78 Replies

drlowdon

• GroupMember
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2015, 08:09:27 PM »
It does worry me that no Xbox or PC players are making any complaints about this issue. Leads me to believe there is some sort of issue on the PS4.

XGN_DerpyBurger

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2015, 08:26:39 PM »
It does worry me that no Xbox or PC players are making any complaints about this issue. Leads me to believe there is some sort of issue on the PS4.
It's because they never had the other issue on a big level

Joe___Mengele

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2015, 09:27:41 PM »
Anthony,
Love the tip in the original reply to me. That is what you are trying to have people accomplish. Very sly way of trying to get someone to understand. As a golfer, I know and apply the concept but you have finally made the light bulb go on and completely understand your point. You might want to write about that in a post. Others might catch on quicker.
Warm regards,
Joe

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2015, 02:20:28 AM »
I have all 3 versions and the ps4 is the only version I cannot get 100% with a slower flick. Played a round just now with all 100% swings like the videos show on my ps4 . Did not enjoy a single hole because it's not a swing technique I like to use. It's as simple as that. People that like it have always swung more aggressively.
"We don't see that on our end"

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2015, 02:25:57 AM »
I have all 3 versions and the ps4 is the only version I cannot get 100% with a slower flick. Played a round just now with all 100% swings like the videos show on my ps4 . Did not enjoy a single hole because it's not a swing technique I like to use. It's as simple as that. People that like it have always swung more aggressively.

I can agree with that totally.   I have a very aggressive (FAST) downswing so I'm sure you right in regards to not noticing.    I mean this when I say it,   if there is an issue with the ps4 I'm very hopeful they iron it out.
Please HB,  give us a way to share user created society templates of our tour course schedules.

CinderPlague

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2015, 02:40:33 AM »
I rant and rave how great the game is to my friends
How much fun
Then the update comes
I swing with standard rhythm and I got full 100%
Now I have to force to get just 95%
No no no no
Honestly please tell me this will be fixed

I honesty love this game but cannot continue to play like this
Full 18 holes played not once I got full swing

Anquila1978

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2015, 02:47:13 AM »
People using two fingers cannot generate enough force to flick it hard enough. This is how I swing. You made my point for me. It doesn't require timing...just flick force. I can hit 100% every single time with your swing. My point is that is not how I want to swing or ever have.
    May sound strange, but I use both thumbs on the right stick. Please try this method and let me know how it goes. Maybe it's just me, but I cannot generate enough flick with this method. With your video swing, I can get 100% all day long.
I use two fingers though. I never flick

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Is it the same method or is the analogue stick pinched between thumb and forefinger (my method), over the past few days I cannot get any consistancy, results from 100% to 90%.

The demostration you have posted shows you using only one thumb on the stick, not your usual method?

Can get 100% by moving the stick forward at a pace which would be how you would swing in real golf if you want overpower, usually results in an hook/slice.

I am trying but it is now just plain frustrating

Other Courses

Turnberry Kintyre Course
Gladstonevale G.C
Belgrave Black at Balmeadie

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2015, 05:32:33 AM »
After Playing the xbox Version last Night,And Now this Morning on PS4 I've Got to Say its like playing 2 different games to me,Still Very Enjoyable on Xbox one,No problem with the Swing at all Great game of golf. PS4 version got to watch golfer on Screen and push the stick harder forward and still no constant results To Me No fun at all Lucky ive got both consoles made some great new friends as well on ps4 where alot more players Should a Shame.

PrimalVision

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2015, 06:36:22 AM »
That's the problem isn't it.

I'm not a fan of the new swing, just too much effort and if I'm minimally off I can lose 10% power. That's savage in a precision game.

But the biggest issue is I played the game on the PC the other day and it's much more fun, like how the PS4 version once was. If I am slightly off I only seem to drop down 2-3% and it's so much easier to hit the ball the 100%.

I'd love to see more of a penalty in terms of slicing or hooking as opposed to loss of power. It's such an effort to continually try and keep the downwards force needed to get the full power on the PS4 - especially when compared to other systems.

PSN - Nyt_Walker

Lout Of Order

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2015, 06:40:19 AM »
After Playing the xbox Version last Night,And Now this Morning on PS4 I've Got to Say its like playing 2 different games to me,Still Very Enjoyable on Xbox one,No problem with the Swing at all Great game of golf. PS4 version got to watch golfer on Screen and push the stick harder forward and still no constant results To Me No fun at all Lucky ive got both consoles made some great new friends as well on ps4 where alot more players Should a Shame.
Exactly the same for me Yeltz, just hope they don't let Devon anywhere near the coding for the Xbone swing...

Acrilix

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2015, 07:03:25 AM »
What technique? You can go slow or fast back. Pause for 2 seconds or not pause. The only single thing that matters is enough flick force. There is zero technique in your video. Besides poor housecleaning skills. But seriously, technique would involve tempo. Smooth back with proper downswing timing.

The thing is, for a full swing the game NEVER had any technique except moving the stick forward fast enough to hit the minimum required for a 100% result. People that thought that rhythm was essential for a good swing were just wrong! Some of us pointed out a long time ago that there was no tempo required. HB were just using the word, as in music, to describe the affects of speed, whereas describing a golf swing it usually incorporates both speed and timing (or rhythm) of both back swing and through swing.
The problem now is that PS4 users are being forced to now use Anthony Kynes preferred minimum speed rather their own and this is too fast for some because they are used to swinging at a more realistic, natural golf speed.
The fact that other systems are performing differently is a worry though - especially if the XB1's and PC's are found to be too slow for Mr. Kyne!!  :o
We will soon be seeing many, many more unhappy players when that problem is corrected!!  ;D
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

Lout Of Order

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2015, 07:10:28 AM »
If they change the swing on the Xbone then this game is going in the bin as far as I'm concerned.

I can hit 100% on PS4, ironically about 92% of the time, but it isn't enjoyable verses the Xbone version.

Acrilix

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2015, 07:26:53 AM »
If they change the swing on the Xbone then this game is going in the bin as far as I'm concerned.

I can hit 100% on PS4, ironically about 92% of the time, but it isn't enjoyable verses the Xbone version.

I guess I was lucky to be playing on PC because I increased my swing speed in installments after each performance update that was released, and again on purchasing a new, high end graphics card. My swing is now as fast as the one in Mr. Kyne's video, but when I first started playing it was a far more natural one, probably almost half of the speed it is now.
I still enjoy the game though, and the 'slam' turned into a lighter, fast swing over time and isn't really an issue now. I do still hit a few 95% every few rounds though, when I relax too much, but breaking par is my only real aim anyway so it isn't a big issue for me.  :)
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

rattlehead85

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2015, 07:49:35 AM »
Personally i cant see what all this complaining about is for. Im no master at this game in fact im only on +2 handicap yet i can hit any tee shot or approach 100% on nearly every occasion. This game was supposed to imitate realism as far as possible and that is exactly what it does. Or is it to many are used to the idea of being able to manipulate the ball with spin whilst its in the air to land it within 4ft of the hole every time as in other so called realistic golf releases. The swing replicates a real life situation, you have to crash it in real life to carry good distance. Soft downswing and expecting it to go 290+ yards of the tee cannot be considered realistic by any stretch of the imagination. Practice is the key to nailing good Tee shots.

Acrilix

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2015, 08:16:22 AM »
Personally i cant see what all this complaining about is for. Im no master at this game in fact im only on +2 handicap yet i can hit any tee shot or approach 100% on nearly every occasion. This game was supposed to imitate realism as far as possible and that is exactly what it does. Or is it to many are used to the idea of being able to manipulate the ball with spin whilst its in the air to land it within 4ft of the hole every time as in other so called realistic golf releases. The swing replicates a real life situation, you have to crash it in real life to carry good distance. Soft downswing and expecting it to go 290+ yards of the tee cannot be considered realistic by any stretch of the imagination. Practice is the key to nailing good Tee shots.

If the animation on TGC moved in real time to the thumbstick movement you would see that the current speed necessary to hit a 100% swing is anything but realistic! ;)
While I agree in principle to the power/speed necessary in real golf, most people are used to golf games with real time animation movement and have tailored their swings accordingly.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:21:23 AM by Acrilix »
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

space-cash