Fixed Wind... really!

• 10 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: July 25, 2015, 08:06:14 AM »
I set up a 36 hole tournament at CrazyCanuck's Timberwolf-Olympia course when I got home from work this morning.  I called it Fixed Wind (or Winds)... really!  I should give us a quick feel for the new fixed, global tournament winds.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Dusty Roads

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 09:34:46 AM »
I set up a 36 hole tournament at CrazyCanuck's Timberwolf-Olympia course when I got home from work this morning.  I called it Fixed Wind (or Winds)... really!  I should give us a quick feel for the new fixed, global tournament winds.

I have to say it....it just screams out at me....I should give us a quick feel for the new fixed, global tournament winds. I am so glad this is virtual golf.  ;)  Touch O' fun in the AM.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 12:30:49 PM »
I thought some of you might be up for feeling some globes  ;D 8)
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

MERACE

• golf-beta
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 12:32:29 PM »
Hey John,

Can you also set up an identical tour for us PS4 users.

-MERACE

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 04:21:46 PM »
I'm just waking up from night shift work, but I'll do it right now.  I won't get to play in it until tomorrow afternoon, but I'll definitely be all into it.  I'm getting better and better with this new swing on the PS4, I just hope eventually it will feel the same on all three platforms.  The PC clearly has an edge in my world right now in terms of scoring, but the PS4 feels more organic.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 05:08:37 PM »
Finally got around to actually publishing this tournament on the PC this afternoon... I found out all I had done was "Save" it earlier.  It's up on PC and PS4 now... (I think  ;))  I had 20 minutes to get my round in before I had to leave for work... and it shows in my embarrassing play.  It's time like these when I wish I had a fast forward button... so many shots took an excruciatingly long time to rollout on, and that can add up when you're 5-putting a green from 26 feet!  :D :-[
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:11:30 PM by jcauthen04 »
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

bob5453

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 05:42:33 PM »
Finally got around to actually publishing this tournament on the PC this afternoon... I found out all I had done was "Save" it earlier.  It's up on PC and PS4 now... (I think  ;))  I had 20 minutes to get my round in before I had to leave for work... and it shows in my embarrassing play.  It's time like these when I wish I had a fast forward button... so many shots took an excruciatingly long time to rollout on, and that can add up when you're 5-putting a green from 26 feet!  :D :-[

That's why I couldn't find it! :) So I made a tour of my 2 Roy Rogers courses on PC to try it out and I wanted something to play after looking for yours. :)
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

phlyerphanatic31

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 02:17:33 PM »
The wind "fix" ruined this game...just sayin. There isn't a tornado every time I play golf..don't why there has to be one every time in this game.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 07:06:02 PM »
The wind "fix" ruined this game...just sayin. There isn't a tornado every time I play golf..don't why there has to be one every time in this game.

I've seen this myself.  I think the lowest wind I've seen in a tournament since this fix was 12 MPH... it gets old after a while.  I don't mind a bit of wind from time to time, but I'd like to see ranges that are more consistent with reality.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

leslie.sangster

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 08:38:43 PM »

I've seen this myself.  I think the lowest wind I've seen in a tournament since this fix was 12 MPH... it gets old after a while.  I don't mind a bit of wind from time to time, but I'd like to see ranges that are more consistent with reality.

I agree I'm all for the wind fix and everyone all playing the same conditions but if it's fairly windy every time you play your going to get tired of it. I'm just hoping we get a few calm tournaments otherwise we might start loosing members.
I have no axe to grind as I play pretty well in the wind.

Sent from my iPad

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I know a little german
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 08:50:34 PM »

Gotta agree^^^, if it's necessary to have these type of winds in tourneys.....so be it.....I, wont play the tourney.....MY DECISION.........no prob, But at least, let me decide when i want to play a casual round of golf whether or not i want to play in wind or not..In RL i'm a fair weather golfer so, kinda feel that i should have a say in the conditions that i would like to play in, on the course that i would like to play on..........JMO..........

When i have time to fit in a casual round, and decide to play a certain course.....if, the winds are over 10 or more, i just don't bother to play that course......I doubt that i am alone....

IMO, there are many, many courses that are losing casual plays because of the wind...

The wind and HDCP system are two of the downsides in this game (at this time)..again JMO, other than that for me at least, the game is brilliant......Cheers  ;D

My apologies to John, just in case anyone might think this was a hi jack.....there's just so many threads talking about wind...this was where i ended up.....Totally about tourneys.......i get it........

space-cash