Okay, so the social aspect is finally getting worked on...

• 50 Replies

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« on: July 30, 2015, 12:46:43 PM »
HBS needs to understand that the whole social aspect of the game as it sits is a big time failure as it stands and in my opinion it needs some serious love.
And if you're listening HB-    YOU REALLY need to make sure that we have a way to turn the game on and see an actual list of courses and how many live people are playing them.    I don't care HB,   give us the top ten courses with the most live action and give me a darn option to log on and play some live people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       I can honestly tell you that trying to sync up and play live with friends is so much harder than it's worth most of the time...  Of course,  when it works it's great,  but that is few and far between..    It's just like yesterday,   I found a few guys ready to play but by the time we got through a few holes I had to go pick up my son,   but by the time I got back they were long gone...   I will look for live friends to play way before I will a particular course,   in fact I will go play on any course if I can have an opportunity to see how I stack up live with someone.   And why can't HB give us a way to highlight a player in the game on the ps4 and then be taken to the message center to give him a friend request?  Is this too much to ask?

It's imperative to open up the channels of live play with people THAT AREN"T OUR FRIENDS.....    Look at Rocket League for example!    Why in the heck do you think it has so much replay value?  Because you log on and immediately get synced up with live players from all over the world.  If you ask anyone,  this is a huge part of this game and why it has such appeal...     
I'm putting my faith in HB to get this right..      The game is incredible,   and we don't need a lobby,  but the game really needs to get the social aspect right and you really need to listen to the guys that actually use this feature because we are in tune with what is missing.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:19:09 PM by johneric8 »
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

Jared

• Measure twice and cut once
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 01:08:33 PM »
+1000
My Courses:

Guid Donner
The Club at Horseshoe Lake
The Club@Horseshoe Lake Members

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 01:24:30 PM »
+1000

Glad you're with me here Jared.    I want to reiterate this isn't the old Johneric8 harping on a lobby system,  but I feel I have to take advantage of whatever voice I have as a community member in the midst of them working on multiplayer.    It was stated by Anthony that they're working pretty hard on it right now,  so I feel it's important to touch on some points they may be forgetting about.   If they're only focusing on ways to play with friends I'm afraid they're missing the boat entirely because this isn't where the weakness truly lies.   

Basically,  what I'm saying to HB is this-   If you just come out with ways to improve play with friends then this will be a disappointing update.    Because even though options are weak in regards to hooking up with friends it goes much deeper than that.   The real issue is not having enough opportunities because we're shackled to only playing friends which doesn't work...   Can you imaging if you could only play with friends on rocket league or madden?    That would sincerely suck.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

dbcbulls

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 01:40:27 PM »
+1000

Glad you're with me here Jared.    I want to reiterate this isn't the old Johneric8 harping on a lobby system,  but I feel I have to take advantage of whatever voice I have as a community member in the midst of them working on multiplayer.    It was stated by Anthony that they're working pretty hard on it right now,  so I feel it's important to touch on some points they may be forgetting about.   If they're only focusing on ways to play with friends I'm afraid they're missing the boat entirely because this isn't where the weakness truly lies.   

Basically,  what I'm saying to HB is this-   If you just come out with ways to improve play with friends then this will be a disappointing update.    Because even though options are weak in regards to hooking up with friends it goes much deeper than that.   The real issue is not having enough opportunities because we're shackled to only playing friends which doesn't work...   Can you imaging if you could only play with friends on rocket league or madden?    That would sincerely suck.
Dude playing with friends is what its all about for me. We have ghost balls to play against for random people. I font see any difference playing with strangers that a ghost ball could not replicate. Judging by my online experience a lot of people play online with friends in party chats. They may be on different games but they will all be chatting away. Playing them live on tgc i would guess the majority wold not use voice chat with random people leaving the gameplay to feel like you are playing on your own anyway.  I am all for whatever multilplayer modes they can add in and for now the thing needed most is different ways to play against friends. Would love this asap then whatever else they can be added in would be  major bonus for everybody. I am not having a go at you dude i am just expressing what i think would be the biggest game change for me and my group of friends. 

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bob5453

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 02:04:55 PM »
+1000

Dude playing with friends is what its all about for me. We have ghost balls to play against for random people. I font see any difference playing with strangers that a ghost ball could not replicate. Judging by my online experience a lot of people play online with friends in party chats. They may be on different games but they will all be chatting away. Playing them live on tgc i would guess the majority wold not use voice chat with random people leaving the gameplay to feel like you are playing on your own anyway.  I am all for whatever multilplayer modes they can add in and for now the thing needed most is different ways to play against friends. Would love this asap then whatever else they can be added in would be  major bonus for everybody. I am not having a go at you dude i am just expressing what i think would be the biggest game change for me and my group of friends. 

I think John wants to play people under the same conditions. A ghost ball can have 3 mph winds and you can have 15 mph winds. I guess an option to play the ghost ball under the same conditions would help a little. :)

I would like to see in game text chat for the pc as the Steam text chat is not so easy for me while in game and voice chat interferes with others watching TV in the same room.
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

dbcbulls

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 02:11:06 PM »
+1000

I think John wants to play people under the same conditions. A ghost ball can have 3 mph winds and you can have 15 mph winds. I guess an option to play the ghost ball under the same conditions would help a little. :)

I would like to see in game text chat for the pc as the Steam text chat is not so easy for me while in game and voice chat interferes with others watching TV in the same room.
Yeah i forgot about the winds being different when playing ghost balls as i only ever play this game with friends. If none are online i usually just watch netflix. I cant seem to enjoy gaming as much on single player games. I have a lot of friends that play on pc they usually set up a skype call through pc. They say this is the best way to use a chat system while playing on pc.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 02:21:51 PM »
+1000

Yeah i forgot about the winds being different when playing ghost balls as i only ever play this game with friends. If none are online i usually just watch netflix. I cant seem to enjoy gaming as much on single player games. I have a lot of friends that play on pc they usually set up a skype call through pc. They say this is the best way to use a chat system while playing on pc.

Yeah,  you forgot the most important part buddy,    SAME WINDS!   :o

Let me put it to you this-  You and I agree live friends is the best,   but I obviously I don't have as much free time as you so playing with friends on a regular basis is not very practical.
So that leads me to my next point.    Can I play in tourneys with same winds now?   YES,  which is awesome and I plan on taking advantage of that as soon as the old tourneys set up with different winds are far down the list because as of right now I'm not ready to join back with tgctours.

So that brings me back to banging my head against the wall again.   So, for example,  I log onto tonight and feel like playing someone live and none of my friends are anywhere near the ps4 or pc.   The best and easiest solution is for HBS to give me an option to join in on a round in progress or,  ALLOW ME to send out an INVITE to any CURRENT  players looking for a live round and this would  also create the possibly of making a new friend!!

This not only would encourage more live play but it would give us an opportunity to meet new friends and we can all agree this is where the game is totally lacking.    I don't just want friends that I can chat with,  I want friends that play all the time that want a good and fair match.

I just hope HBS understands that the social aspect needs to focus now on more ways to play live with players that aren't our friends as well...  Think about it for a second,  it's absolutely lubricious for HB to shackle us from playing other live players just because they aren't our friends,   this is crippling to the game..
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

dbcbulls

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 02:34:16 PM »
+1000

Let me put it to you this-  You and I agree live friends is the best,   but I obviously I don't have as much free time as you so playing with friends on a regular basis is not very practical.
So that leads me to my next point.    Can I play in tourneys with same winds now?   YES,  which is awesome and I plan on taking advantage of that as soon as the old tourneys set up with different winds are far down the list because as of right now I'm not ready to join back with tgctours.

So that brings me back to banging my head against the wall again.   So, for example,  I log onto tonight and feel like playing someone live and none of my friends are anywhere near the ps4 or pc.   The best and easiest solution is for HBS to give me an option to join in on a round in progress or,  ALLOW ME to send out an INVITE to any CURRENT  players looking for a live round and this would  also create the possibly of making a new friend!!

This not only would encourage more live play but it would give us an opportunity to meet new friends and we can all agree this is where the game is totally lacking.    I don't just want friends that I can chat with,  I want friends that play all the time that want a good and fair match.

I just hope HBS understands that the social aspect needs to focus now on more ways to play live with players that aren't our friends as well...  Think about it for a second,  it's absolutely lubricious for HB to shackle us from playing other live players just because they aren't our friends,   this is crippling to the game..
Dude not being able to play any game mode with friends is also crippling this great game. I would guess that a lot more people would want the option for game modes even if it is limited to friends only to arrive first. Then hb studios could add in other parts like you have suggested. I am not a computer programmer (i am a master warehouse supervisor) i work with computers all day in my job, but i would think it would be easier to add in a few modes to play with friends seeing as add friends and invite friends is already sittuated within the game files. I think adding in the ability to search for live players would be more difficult to programme so that it runs smoothly. I do like your idea dude and the more options we as players have the better it will be for us all in the long term. 

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 02:39:27 PM »
+1000

Dude not being able to play any game mode with friends is also crippling this great game. I would guess that a lot more people would want the option for game modes even if it is limited to friends only to arrive first. Then hb studios could add in other parts like you have suggested. I am not a computer programmer (i am a master warehouse supervisor) i work with computers all day in my job, but i would think it would be easier to add in a few modes to play with friends seeing as add friends and invite friends is already sittuated within the game files. I think adding in the ability to search for live players would be more difficult to programme so that it runs smoothly. I do like your idea dude and the more options we as players have the better it will be for us all in the long term. 

I agree we need more game modes for sure,   that is a huge priority,   but lets be honest,  adding game modes is much harder to program than just giving us an option to join other players for a strokes match...   If all is equal I agree game modes is the priority,  and also ways to meet and greet our friends,   but as it stands right now game modes are far off in the future and it seems to me that from Anthony has said they're working on a stripped down multiplayer option to better the experience for the social aspects.    If this is indeed the case,  at least add an option in there to have wider variety of live players to choose from.

My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 02:56:35 PM »
Anthony has mentioned in previous posts that it is very expensive to program for a live lobby system.  He did not rule it out, just that it would be costly, and time consuming.

The foundation of the gameplay with the ghost balls is already implemented.  HB Studios was able to add in Stableford scoring relatively easily.

Hopefully it should be relatively easy (in relation to a live multi-player lobby) to add in other scoring systems such as skins, and modified Stableford scoring to give us some different game modes in the near future.

If other options eventually arrive I will certainly be a supporter.  In the meantime I make do with what I have, and do not deal with things that may or may not happen.

I agree with the master warehouse supervisor that I have very little interest in playing against strangers, or their ghost balls.  I am more socially inclined.

I am fortunate that I have a great group of friends that go out of their way to try and play together despite our time zone differences.  Sometimes that means that they are up late, and other times that means that I have to wake up earlier, or arrange my schedule to accommodate meeting up when we can.

FRSTDWN

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 03:47:05 PM »
They don't need a live lobby they just need a matchmaking system. This would cut down on cost I would think. If I could play random people live turn based I think this game would have the best of both worlds. Ghost balls and live play.

Someday...
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 03:56:08 PM »
People can say all they want about not wanting to play strangers,   but there are games like Rocket League and for the most part that is 95% of the appeal of that game...  Quick and easy access to live competition.   This is what I've always preached,  but I've come around and realize a lobby isn't so much the answer but I'm not quite sure what is?

I know that the TGC is growing into something that is different than HB's original vision for the game so I understand the obstacles they face trying to implement things into their infrastructure that don't necessarily fit,  but the fact of the matter is,  if what Anthony said at the Q and A the other day is true,  they do indeed plan on being the go to golf game for golfers which is a noble task for sure so here is hoping that they see live play options as important as we do.

Right now we're in the midst of Swing Gate,  so here is hoping to a swift and positive outcome in regards to that.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

FRSTDWN

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 04:08:55 PM »
LOL swing gate....
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

IIJohnnyRingoII

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 04:21:31 PM »
People can say all they want about not wanting to play strangers,   but there are games like Rocket League and for the most part that is 95% of the appeal of that game...  Quick and easy access to live competition.   This is what I've always preached,  but I've come around and realize a lobby isn't so much the answer but I'm not quite sure what is?

I know that the TGC is growing into something that is different than HB's original vision for the game so I understand the obstacles they face trying to implement things into their infrastructure that don't necessarily fit,  but the fact of the matter is,  if what Anthony said at the Q and A the other day is true,  they do indeed plan on being the go to golf game for golfers which is a noble task for sure so here is hoping that they see live play options as important as we do.

Right now we're in the midst of Swing Gate,  so here is hoping to a swift and positive outcome in regards to that.

Dude, your right on with Rocket League.  It has a great system to put you up against other live players.  Fantastic game that allows you to play with strangers or with friends.

I am a master plumber and me and my other friends love TGC.

But we also love PGA Tour 15.  It has the same lobby systems you crave, if you are unable to play with friends on TGC.  It has ranked matches, and unranked matches going 24 hours a day.  You can always create your own match, and other strangers can jump in and play the way you want.

Is it TGC...no..but it is not as bad as some people on the forums make it out to be. 

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 04:27:38 PM »

Dude, your right on with Rocket League.  It has a great system to put you up against other live players.  Fantastic game that allows you to play with strangers or with friends.

I am a master plumber and me and my other friends love TGC.

But we also love PGA Tour 15.  It has the same lobby systems you crave, if you are unable to play with friends on TGC.  It has ranked matches, and unranked matches going 24 hours a day.  You can always create your own match, and other strangers can jump in and play the way you want.

Is it TGC...no..but it is not as bad as some people on the forums make it out to be.

Trust me I feel you.   I've always appreciated a good lobby system,  because lets be honest,  now a days it's expected right?   Even Perfect Golf got this right even in early access beta.
There are some things that HB can sell me on and I will buy it because I love the game,   but no one will ever sell me on the fact that this game doesn't desperately needs a social facelift so that it can be a better fit with other games out in the market today.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

space-cash