Okay, so the social aspect is finally getting worked on...

• 50 Replies

dbcbulls

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 04:36:08 PM »
People can say all they want about not wanting to play strangers,   but there are games like Rocket League and for the most part that is 95% of the appeal of that game...  Quick and easy access to live competition.   This is what I've always preached,  but I've come around and realize a lobby isn't so much the answer but I'm not quite sure what is?

I know that the TGC is growing into something that is different than HB's original vision for the game so I understand the obstacles they face trying to implement things into their infrastructure that don't necessarily fit,  but the fact of the matter is,  if what Anthony said at the Q and A the other day is true,  they do indeed plan on being the go to golf game for golfers which is a noble task for sure so here is hoping that they see live play options as important as we do.

Right now we're in the midst of Swing Gate,  so here is hoping to a swift and positive outcome in regards to that.

Dude, your right on with Rocket League.  It has a great system to put you up against other live players.  Fantastic game that allows you to play with strangers or with friends.

I am a master plumber and me and my other friends love TGC.

But we also love PGA Tour 15.  It has the same lobby systems you crave, if you are unable to play with friends on TGC.  It has ranked matches, and unranked matches going 24 hours a day.  You can always create your own match, and other strangers can jump in and play the way you want.

Is it TGC...no..but it is not as bad as some people on the forums make it out to be.

Trust me I feel you.   I've always appreciated a good lobby system,  because lets be honest,  now a days it's expected right?   Even Perfect Golf got this right even in early access beta.
There are some things that HB can sell me on and I will buy it because I love the game,   but no one will ever sell me on the fact that this game doesn't desperately needs a social facelift so that it can be a better fit with other games out in the market today.
I hear you brother the main thing that is missing from this game is multiplayer variants. I mean come on man how is this not implimented yet this far into release of the game. We both agree on the fact that it desperately needs new modes and options its just that me and you have different opinions dude on which should be put into place first. Either way if we can get any other modes in asap then we all win brother. You have made some good points and at least this thread so far has not mentioned the swing mechanics so far wich is amazing in itself. I love the new swing as you do. People just dont get it man 

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 06:49:56 PM »
People can say all they want about not wanting to play strangers,   but there are games like Rocket League and for the most part that is 95% of the appeal of that game...  Quick and easy access to live competition.   This is what I've always preached,  but I've come around and realize a lobby isn't so much the answer but I'm not quite sure what is?

I know that the TGC is growing into something that is different than HB's original vision for the game so I understand the obstacles they face trying to implement things into their infrastructure that don't necessarily fit,  but the fact of the matter is,  if what Anthony said at the Q and A the other day is true,  they do indeed plan on being the go to golf game for golfers which is a noble task for sure so here is hoping that they see live play options as important as we do.

Right now we're in the midst of Swing Gate,  so here is hoping to a swift and positive outcome in regards to that.

Dude, your right on with Rocket League.  It has a great system to put you up against other live players.  Fantastic game that allows you to play with strangers or with friends.

I am a master plumber and me and my other friends love TGC.

But we also love PGA Tour 15.  It has the same lobby systems you crave, if you are unable to play with friends on TGC.  It has ranked matches, and unranked matches going 24 hours a day.  You can always create your own match, and other strangers can jump in and play the way you want.

Is it TGC...no..but it is not as bad as some people on the forums make it out to be.

Trust me I feel you.   I've always appreciated a good lobby system,  because lets be honest,  now a days it's expected right?   Even Perfect Golf got this right even in early access beta.
There are some things that HB can sell me on and I will buy it because I love the game,   but no one will ever sell me on the fact that this game doesn't desperately needs a social facelift so that it can be a better fit with other games out in the market today.
I hear you brother the main thing that is missing from this game is multiplayer variants. I mean come on man how is this not implimented yet this far into release of the game. We both agree on the fact that it desperately needs new modes and options its just that me and you have different opinions dude on which should be put into place first. Either way if we can get any other modes in asap then we all win brother. You have made some good points and at least this thread so far has not mentioned the swing mechanics so far wich is amazing in itself. I love the new swing as you do. People just dont get it man 

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It looks like the swing is getting a facelift again according to some of the other threads.. LOL...   Anyway,   yeah man,  I'm all about game modes and better and easier ways to play with friends and honestly I don't care which comes first as long as they do the right thing.    I know you agree that we need ways to hooked up with gamers even though they aren't friends,   I mean this would open up so much fun for a guy like me who's #1 goal is to find someone playing live and share the same conditions..   For me it's casual but fun..
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

ssa1950

• rascal607
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 05:17:14 PM »
I couldn't agree more; playing heads up live against friends or strangers would be a big plus for this game and attract more people (more capital).  That being said, I love this game HB Studios.

pAter

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 09:59:47 PM »
You know what's going to happen?

If they create a lobby system and we are able to play with randoms....a week later everyone will be screaming and yelling at the Devs to "do something about the rage quitters and leavers and the guys that go AFK".

Playing ghosts pretty much IS playing against other people, who cares if it's not live? 

I don't feel making a lobby system is a priority. Personally I think they need to fix the broken Turn based play so you can properly play a round with your friends!  There's no point in rushing an open lobby if Turns Enabled doesn't work reliably.

Clc9090

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 11:01:11 AM »
....  I think they need to fix the broken Turn based play so you can properly play a round with your friends!  There's no point in rushing an open lobby if Turns Enabled doesn't work reliably.

I believe HB is making a huge mistake marketing wise at this point in the game's maturation, to allow their multi-player system to remain broken for such an extended period to time. 

It is a year after launch and the multi-player system, such as it is doesn't work as advertised.  HB should have an all hands on deck dev/QA teams effort to fix swing-gate, and to fix the EXISTING multi-player live ghost ball system to the point it is bullet proof (and do it quick).  And then after it is fixed . . . improve the multi-player system.  If it is to remain Ghost balls . . .  fine . . . but it should be the best dang live multi-player ghost ball system . . .  feature rich and bullet proof!

Up to now . . . focus on the course creation system was a very smart move!!! It has set TGC apart from other golf games.  But I suspect the bang for the buck in programmer labor dollar investment for market share return is drastically dropping, given the other chronically weak and/or broken system in the game (i.e., multi-player).  Please fix/improve that major weak component and then go back to tinkering with the course creator. 

I know these things are supposed to be getting fixed . . . but I have a concern with how long the multi-player issues have been allowed to exist . . . which may show a fundamental philosophy in HB that multi-player isn't where it's at . . . which is kinda ironic . . . since golf is by it's very nature a multi-player game.   One need only look at the success and effort that has gone into TGCTours to illustrate how important multi-player is to a golf game.

It's like HB decided to go in the sail boat manufacturing business, but they didn't want to invest too heavily in sails.  I mean . . . who needs sails on a sailboat, have you seen the outboard we put on the stern . . . she's sweet ... well maybe not sweet, but she run's . . . well run's most of the time if you give a really good yank . . . no yank a couple times . . . hmm, we'll have to look at that . . . no worries though as we have really nice oars that'll get the job done! 
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:45:17 PM by Clc9090 »

Acrilix

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 03:03:32 PM »
It's like HB decided to go in the sail boat manufacturing business, but they didn't want to invest too heavily in sails.  I mean . . . who needs sails on a sailboat, have you seen the outboard we put on the stern . . . she's sweet ... well maybe not sweet, but she run's . . . well run's most of the time if you give a really good yank . . . no yank a couple times . . . hmm, we'll have to look at that . . . no worries though as we have really nice oars that'll get the job done!

That bit's funny!  ;D
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2015, 03:17:08 PM »
....  I think they need to fix the broken Turn based play so you can properly play a round with your friends!  There's no point in rushing an open lobby if Turns Enabled doesn't work reliably.

I believe HB is making a huge mistake marketing wise at this point in the game's maturation, to allow their multi-player system to remain broken for such an extended period to time. 

It is a year after launch and the multi-player system, such as it is doesn't work as advertised.  HB should have an all hands on deck dev/QA teams effort to fix swing-gate, and to fix the EXISTING multi-player live ghost ball system to the point it is bullet proof (and do it quick).  And then after it is fixed . . . improve the multi-player system.  If it is to remain Ghost balls . . .  fine . . . but it should be the best dang live multi-player ghost ball system . . .  feature rich and bullet proof!

Up to now . . . focus on the course creation system was a very smart move!!! It has set TGC apart from other golf games.  But I suspect the bang for the buck in programmer labor dollar investment for market share return is drastically dropping, given the other chronically weak and/or broken system in the game (i.e., multi-player).  Please fix/improve that major weak component and then go back to tinkering with the course creator. 

I know these things are supposed to be getting fixed . . . but I have a concern with how long the multi-player issues have been allowed to exist . . . which may show a fundamental philosophy in HB that multi-player isn't where it's at . . . which is kinda ironic . . . since golf is by it's very nature a multi-player game.   One need only look at the success and effort that has gone into TGCTours to illustrate how important multi-player is to a golf game.

Beautifully written dude.. I made some similar observations 6 months ago when I said that this game without a lobby or without a great live multi player experience is like a Ferrari with a ford Taurus engine.   I think I might of said Pinto,  can't remember..

Either way,   as much as I love the team and the game,  I have always maintained that not getting the live multi player portion of the game right was a HUGE mistake,  and one that I know is costing them lots and lots of gamers.   The way that I tried to explain it in the past is that by having a good live multi players system or matchmaking,  this would take the game to new heights and keep people playing longer thus attracting new people.    I firmly believe that a nice smooth way to play live is key to this games long term success.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

Clc9090

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2015, 10:45:21 AM »
. . .
Beautifully written dude..
And just to be clear to any guests to this forum, my comments about multi-player are based solely on the fact that TGC is the best golf club game bar none.  My 22 year old daughter played with the two of us last night from San Fran and we had a blast.  She loves the game ... we love the game.  TGC is the best golf game out there by a wide wide wide  margin, even given the multi-player issues.  We are still able to play multi-player with a work-around and have a blast.  No software is perfect ... and who am I to give HB any suggestions at all, I mean what they emphasize and when is really a tough call and way above my pay grade.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 10:46:57 AM by Clc9090 »

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2015, 11:07:05 AM »
I do agree it's the best,  but the fact of the matter is multiplayer is frustrating in its current state and that is something we all agree on.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

KYduckman

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 01:50:25 PM »
Agree with what everyone is saying.  Has anyone heard when they plan to add these features into an update? 

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2015, 02:32:08 PM »
I haven't heard anything but they're working on adding some kind of message system to alert people you're on the first tee of such and such course.   If this is all it is,  that is going to be a supreme let down.   The thing that aggravates me a little is you can watch turn based rounds during the live streams with Keith and HB employees and it seems to work okay which we all know is not the case most of the time.    They need to understand that not only can you not watch each other play in TB most of the time,   it's hard as hell to get a game going with friends especially when YOUR FREAKING BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     This is why that I'm going get on my knees and beg for a way to play live with strangers somehow someway,  and I'm not talking about ghost ball pre recorded rounds I know we can already do that.

I don't even think some of you understand just how crippling this game is only being able to play live with friends!!!   I can't think of one multi player game released in the last few years that handcuffed you to your friends list while playing a game.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

ssa1950

• rascal607
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 04:45:03 AM »
This is a fantastic golf game, much better than those other guys.  Multiplayer would put this game leagues above the others.  I am not referring to playing ghost balls, but the ability to play other people either friend or stranger.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

uberammerz

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 09:23:54 PM »
Agreed, not that bothered about a lobby, but the ability to hook up with friends for a live round is needed to take this game forward, not really interested in playing ghosts, chat is available, on ps4, but trying to play together does not work, because of that, my interest in this game is somewhat waning at this time.

Archer_58

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2015, 05:26:43 AM »
Bought the game a couple of weeks ago and i really like the play. Only thing is i never dreamed the game would not being multiplayer friendly or i probably would have waited before purchase. Add lobbies or easy hook up and maybe then i can recommend this game to my clan.

Thrangar

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2015, 09:39:51 AM »
Tried to play Storm last night, we never could get TB to work and if we tried to use steam voice one or both disappeared from course.

It was aggravating,  have some had better experience with a different voice app?

The game is on steam it should work with steam.
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

space-cash