Okay, so the social aspect is finally getting worked on...

• 50 Replies

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2015, 12:07:51 PM »
Tried to play Storm last night, we never could get TB to work and if we tried to use steam voice one or both disappeared from course.

It was aggravating,  have some had better experience with a different voice app?

The game is on steam it should work with steam.

No dude,   it just don't work end of story...  Every now and then you might get it to work,  and when you do it's like capturing Big Foot on camera...    HB,  believes everything is great and works as it should,  because in studio they seem to always have it working perfectly ;)
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

Acrilix

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2015, 02:27:09 PM »
Tried to play Storm last night, we never could get TB to work and if we tried to use steam voice one or both disappeared from course.

It was aggravating,  have some had better experience with a different voice app?

We use skype for our 2 and 3 player games on PC. Works great.
Turn enabled works, but there are bugs. We have auto add friends set in options. The most current bug stops invites working properly. Often have to send them multiple times, especially for a second round. They appear to friends but disappear again before they can be clicked on. Usually better quitting out after one round and restarting game. Occasionally we lose a player during round. Again, best solution is everyone quit completely out of game, and then use continue game option on main screen to return. Never see same shots as opponents on PC. Putts that miss etc. go in on others PC's and vice versa many times each round.
Still enjoy the games though even with all the problems - we play online turn enabled 3 to 5 nights a week at present.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 02:29:02 PM by Acrilix »
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2015, 03:17:17 PM »

We use skype for our 2 and 3 player games on PC. Works great.
Turn enabled works, but there are bugs. We have auto add friends set in options. The most current bug stops invites working properly. Often have to send them multiple times, especially for a second round. They appear to friends but disappear again before they can be clicked on. Usually better quitting out after one round and restarting game. Occasionally we lose a player during round. Again, best solution is everyone quit completely out of game, and then use continue game option on main screen to return. Never see same shots as opponents on PC. Putts that miss etc. go in on others PC's and vice versa many times each round.
Still enjoy the games though even with all the problems - we play online turn enabled 3 to 5 nights a week at present.

I get what you're saying in terms of it working,  but the issue for me is that I don't have a lot of time to use it,  or I have problems finding the right guys on when I'm ready to play..    So basically,  the times I've tried lately it was just out of whack and way too much effort to get working.     Here is the deal,  if you're introducing a new player to the multiplayer system turn order and trying to walk them through the steps and none of it's working that is a very bad first impression and more often than not there are issues at every turn.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

Bungles Danforth

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2015, 11:00:27 AM »
I can't agree with the Rocket league replay value being playing people all over the world. That might actually be the worst part... The 200+ pings and random lag inflicted in a match. I agree with everything else though. As great as Rocket league actually is there are issues too. The Utopia invisible ball problem, that one field where you never load in before the game actually starts, quitters, forfeit spammers. As long as I don't lose the ability for me and my friends to make fun of each other for being terrible at golf....I am fine with any and all improvements.

KYduckman

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 03:44:53 PM »
The October Update can't get here quick enough!  So ready for true multiplayer!

bob5453

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2015, 03:57:32 PM »

I would like to see the August Update. :) Hoping to to see a nice 3-D pile of mulch, but expecting it to look like a cheap flat shaped texture that leaves me shaking my head in disbelief. :D
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

KYduckman

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2015, 11:54:41 AM »
It may look like a pile of something else...

FRSTDWN

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2015, 04:13:46 PM »

Did I miss something?
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2109 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2015, 04:18:29 PM »

Did I miss something?

No, just speculation at this point.

stan_solo

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2015, 06:15:25 PM »
October ? That's next month !

KYduckman

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2015, 11:15:22 AM »
From what I gathered in last weeks play along with Anthony he was happy with what they had done with multiplayer but couldn't get it into the Sept. update because they had to push to get the sept update out faster for fixing something else.  I took it as they were close, and I was hoping from the sounds it would make the Oct update.

johneric8

• GroupMember
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2015, 12:29:13 PM »
From what I gathered in last weeks play along with Anthony he was happy with what they had done with multiplayer but couldn't get it into the Sept. update because they had to push to get the sept update out faster for fixing something else.  I took it as they were close, and I was hoping from the sounds it would make the Oct update.

Here is hoping that HBS takes into account that THERE ARE LOTS OF GAMERS who have limited amounts of time to play who love playing live rounds with other players and that only being able to play with friends is limiting.    If they can just open up the channels to being able to jump on a course with strangers at least the guys that want a live round with limited time have a chance of getting one.  I know many guys that want a better multiplayer system don't really care about being able to just play with strangers,  but I'm telling you guys that if the option is there is will open up this game quite a bit.   I know you got cheesers who will quit,   but that won't matter if you're following them around and playing against them and they don't even know it!
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Opulent Peaks CC

KYduckman

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2015, 12:25:52 PM »
Crickets in here until the December update, at which we hope the multiplayer is in.   I haven't turned this game on in at least 5 months.  SAD!

HunterofVeritas

• I slice 95% of my hooks.
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM »
If you want to play with random people, I understand what your point is.  But the game isn't broken.  Our club plays together on Xbox several times a week between the lot of us, with social events planned nearly every Saturday. 

Organization is all that takes.  The game caters to it quite nicely. 

Again, if you're only talking about joining random people, I see your point. 

KYduckman

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2015, 11:48:56 AM »
I don't want to play with randoms.  I want to play Alternate Shot, Best Ball etc with my friends.  That is what I am waiting for.  I could careless for the Turn Based option, that just takes to much time.

space-cash