Publishing Error

• 6 Replies

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« on: August 01, 2015, 01:45:22 PM »
No clue what goes wrong here.

* not getting any other feedback.  :(
I have sent the coursefile to "info@hb-studios.com". Please let me know it you need it at a different e-mail.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Lout Of Order

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 03:28:19 PM »
I think this is down to file size vs upload speed as I've seen it crop up a few times on the forums. Email Keith the file and he should be able to get it published as he has Ferrari interwebz

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 04:46:54 PM »
I can do it but really prefer not to because it requires me to log into your Steam account.  Of course I would never do anything silly but if something happened out of coincidence I would never want to be put in a situation of doubt.

You can try to have the studio do it and maybe they can just attach it to your account via the server.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 05:04:33 PM »
I'm had that happen with one of mine too.  I published one yesterday with the object meter about halfway.  I see yours is about 3/4.  It's too bad because that looks pretty nice.  What I'm trying to do now is generate the course with FULL Trees and grass/ shrubs, 3/4 hills, and Zero holes.  Once I have it generated , I turn everything to zero to create the course and then turn it back up all the way after I have the holes designed.  The down side is that you have to go back and manually delete everything that comes back up in weird places like trees in the middle of your tee shot area and other stuff where you don't want it, but you can keep the file size down as you plant a whole lot less this way.  I wish HB could make it so you could use the full meter for added objects to though and much bigger file sizes.  I imagine they will eventually.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Lout Of Order

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 05:07:31 PM »
How big are the file sizes? Surely the servers can handle the uploads otherwise the file sizes being generated are simply too large, and if it isn't the file sizes then the finger points at the servers.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 07:06:16 PM »
I've just tried again, the same as yesterday.

It is a big file, yes, 4'280 KB, but that should not be the problem. I remember i had problems with another course, but there i recieved a message, like "too many object" or similar. If it's the size of the file, or the number of objects, I think it should give out the corresponding message. That would help to adjust the course.

@KeithC, would be happy, if you do it for me. I do trust you ... Thanks for the offer.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Ninja_Prime

• Ninja_Prime at Youtube
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 02:08:32 AM »
I've had this happen too, only way I could upload in the end was to remove a lot of the grass and objects I'd placed, really annoying as I spent day's beautify the course. The meter on my course at the time was almost on halfway and slightly pink in colour, I notice that yours is red. I wish there was some sort of warning message that would pop up to let you know if you have too many objects on your course, so you don't waste your time.
There is no  shame in defeat, there is only shame if you do not learn from it.

space-cash