Scarpacci: Completed & WIP

• 107 Replies

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« on: August 02, 2015, 01:26:00 AM »
I thought I would use this area to display my more recent completed projects along with my works in progress.  I'll keep this up to date instead of spamming the completed course section of course discovery. 

PS4 Course Pics courtesy of karma4u (aka THE MAN)

PC:

Paragon Park Golf Club (JAN 2017)

Widowmaker Canyon Golf Course (JAN 2017)

MacDougall Links (NOV 2016)

Berkshire County Golf - The Hamilton Course (NOV 2016)

Scarpacci Wowie (OCTOBER 2016)

Scarpacci Spings (JUNE 2016)

Bicho de Sete Cabe├žas (APRIL 2016)

Monte Cervino (MARCH 2016)

PS4:

Scarpacci Vineyard Restoration (JAN 2016)

Scarpacci Hills Restoration (JAN 2016)

Little Brewster Island P&P (DEC 2015)

Spectacle Island Golf Links (DEC 2015)

Scarpacci Hollow (DEC 2015)

Scarpacci Bluff (DEC 2015)

Thompson Island Golf Club (AUG 2015)

Scarpacci Acres (AUG 2015)

Scarpacci Strand (JULY 2015)

Scarpacci Island (JULY 2015)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 09:47:30 PM by Scarpacci »

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 10:44:10 PM »
TOURS:

Scarpacci Slam I: http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=12281.0

Brutally long tour with insane winds throughout.  Scruffy set the pace and will never be caught.  Keep an eye out for Scapacci Slam II coming soon.

Boston Harbor Islands Golf Tour: http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=14048.0

1 round at each of Little Brewster Island P&P, Spectacle Island and Thompson Island.  45 holes total.

Scarpacci Vineyard Tour: http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=9688.0

1 round at each of Scarpacci Vineyard White, Blue, Black and Gold.  72 holes total.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:15:03 AM by Scarpacci »

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 04:17:36 PM »
New project! 

There is a small island in the Boston Harbor called Thompson Island that I dreamed of buying when I was young.  I always thought it was an incredible place for a golf course.  Because I play video games too much I haven't had the career success needed to be able to buy an island so I've decided to go with the next best thing and design a course on the island in TGC.  Really excited about this project. I haven't come up with a name yet, I have some ideas and they don't include my name if you can believe it!

First step was to re-create the island as best I could. 

Here is the actual beautiful island:

I used goole maps to re-create the island in TGC. It's not perfect but I'm happy with it (I probably should have rotated the camera to match the photo above, duh):

Still in the very early stages but I have the routing completed for the most part and I'm starting to work on my hole lay-outs. The plot is pretty tight but I was able to fit 18.  Going with a links style course which shouldn't play too long or difficult.

Hole 1 from the tee:

Hole 2 from the tee:

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 06:17:30 PM by Scarpacci »

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 05:25:07 AM »
Couple more holes banged out tonight.

Hole 3:

Hole 4:

broomer

• GroupMember
  • Cape Cod, MA USA
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 09:13:35 AM »
New project! 

There is a small island in the Boston Harbor called Thompson Island that I dreamed of buying when I was young.  I always thought it was an incredible place for a golf course.  Because I play video games too much I haven't had the career success needed to be able to buy an island so I've decided to go with the next best thing and design a course on the island in TGC.  Really excited about this project. I haven't come up with a name yet, I have some ideas and they don't include my name if you can believe it!

[---]

TYVM for NOT choosing Deer Island, Scarp  ;D  ;)

too bad there is no City Skyline pano in TGC to make this venue more "Bahstin Awthentic"  :) but you CAN add the jets "flyin' ovah ya inta Logan"  ;D

pics below I took from Castle Island in South Boston (Thompson Island is out of frame just to left of 1st pic)  8)

way looking forward to this one being pub'd, pal

broomer
Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz | GeForce GTX 1050ti | 16 GB RAM | Win 10 64-bit | Xbox 360 Wired Controller

rdh

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 10:18:35 AM »
This is awesome...glad you created this thread.  I'll be checking your courses out.  My usual request...can you put out a ProTee version for any of them in the 6200-6400 yard range?

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 02:17:29 PM »
For some reason I was under the impression protee guys could only play pc made ourses.  I'll make protee versions of them all.  Scarpacci Vineyard White might already be perfect for the sim.

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 02:45:10 PM »
materbroomer, lol at deer island.  That project would stink up the joint!

I was thinking of doing Spectacle Island after.  Thats the one where they dumped all of the dirt from the "Big Dig" and turned it into a beautiful place. I wish you could use custom backdrops, it would be incredible to have the skyline in the background.  It would also be cool if you could set the altitude of the planes so I could have them coming in real low.

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 01:01:42 AM »
Really happy with this one so far.  Hole 5 may be the best par 5 I've ever designed and the look off the tee on hole 6 is my favorite so far too.

Hole 5:

Hole 6:

Hole 7:

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 04:06:35 AM »
Ok, I'm freaking out about how great this is coming along!

Anyway, I re-worked hole 7 a little bit because it was looking a little blah.  No pics, just dressed it up a little with some bunkers.

2 mores holes almost in the books.

Hole 8:

Hole 9:

Ramjet36

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 06:35:59 PM »
You are a creation machine my friend.  You have turned out a lot of great designs.  It takes me forever to take a design from start to finish.  Always one more improvement or thing I want to change. 

Thanks for adding your designs to the pool of terrific courses we have to choose from.
Courses created:   PS4  ID:  RAMJET-36
Peppers Point
Lamp Lighter Harbor

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 02:59:39 PM »
Thanks Ram!

The last few nights I decided to Twitch stream some time in the designer.  Big mistake!  Holes 1-9 went so smoothly but I've hit a roadblock with # 10.  The streams have just been me messing around with the terrain, laying down some fairway then deleting everything.  I think it's time to take a few days off and let the creative juices re-fill the brain.

Anyway, if interested, I did a front 9 play through which starts around the 51 minute mark of this vid: http://www.twitch.tv/antonioscarpacci/v/10608907

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 04:15:59 PM »
Made it through my creative block on 10 and things started moving along again.  Only the 3 finishing holes left to lay down then I'll start window dressing which is my least favorite part.  I added a lighthouse. There is no lighthouse on the island but I put it where they would likely be placed if there were one.  It adds a nice backdrop to a couple of the par 3's so it's staying.

Hole 10:

Hole 11:

Hole 12:

Hole 13:

Hole 14:

Hole 15:

Acrilix

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 07:46:18 PM »
I'm going to create a coastal course without a lighthouse........................ maybe!  ;D
My last 7 courses (newest first):
Binyon Peak
McGonagall Golf Club
Lovelace Bay
Swinburne Forest GC
Brackenridge Nine by Acrilix
Drayton Lakes
Chudleigh Golf Club

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 08:05:39 PM »
I really didn't want to, but just look at it!  It's irresistible.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 08:32:50 PM by Scarpacci »

space-cash