Unofficial TGC Forum Tour

• 3 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: August 03, 2015, 10:57:00 PM »
I just created a Tour for the PC version called "Unofficial TGC Forum Tour" in the interest of seeing whether an evolving tour that was directed at the forum members here could carry itself and give new courses some more exposure.  I've only got three events on it so far, featuring some new courses,  but if this gets any traction, I'll continue to add events to the tour as new courses emerge.  We've got plenty of high quality courses to plot it all the way out for the 140 days I have it set to run, but leaving the slate clean will give me a chance to add newer courses as they're published.

Each event is four rounds and the handicap is off.  I left everything else on, as that seams to appeal to the highest common denominator.  It starts at The Timberwolf - Olympia Washington, then to Kiawah Island, and on to Royal Balwearie - Friday.

It's a shame we can't create one even that uses a different course for each of the four rounds.  That would enable all of these courses that are getting published with Thursday through Sunday setups to get their deserved share of play.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 09:00:10 AM »
I've got one event under my belt in this Tour so far... finished 72 holes at -1 Crazycanuck's The Timberwolf course.  I got royally humbled by this golf course on the greens.  I had two 5-putt greens and I lost track of the 4-putts.  The only other player in this tourament, Brian Fuller, faired no better.  He finished 34 strokes back, but he probably had more birdies overall than me.  Thanks Brian for giving me someone to play with in this tour, it would have felt totally isolated otherwise.

I can already see that I've made one critical mistake in this tour; folks don't like playing the same course, with the same pin setting, four rounds in a row in a tour situation.  I can't blame them as it's already gotten old with me.  I've already got three events set up for four rounders, but from that point on it will be one round at one course at a time.   The Golf Club just has too many courses for too thin a field, over too many competitions to create new tours right now.  I'll carry this one on for its 140 day duration just to see if it will ultimately build some momentum, but right now it's not even a blip on the radar. 
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 05:16:15 PM »
Something pretty cool happened in this Tour in the first round of the second event at Kiawah Island... the entire field, all three of us,  shot a 76 in the first round!  I don't know why buy I find this disturbingly compelling.  Yes, it was played in 14 to 17 mph winds, but it happened.   I tee'd it up for the second round just to see what the winds were going to be an it was 16 mph on the first tee.  I decided to wait until later to play... (sigh)
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Lout Of Order

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 06:20:20 PM »
I gave up with tours when I created a 4 course event, finished the third course and played the first hole of the fourth course, before quitting and promptly got placed on the 18th hole of the first course with a 1 foot putt when I resumed.

space-cash