Speed/Firmness Solution

• 25 Replies

Stingray65c

« on: August 07, 2015, 07:12:19 PM »
Hey developers, I have an easy solution to the green speed/firmness issue.  Give the PLAYER the ability to choose the speed & firmness before starting a round.  If I want to play a friend with slow greens I can.  If my friend sets up a game with fast greens he can.  Tournament speeds/firmness can be set by the person setting it up.  You know this can be done and put an end to this issue.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 07:33:35 PM »
Hey developers, I have an easy solution to the green speed/firmness issue.  Give the PLAYER the ability to choose the speed & firmness before starting a round.  If I want to play a friend with slow greens I can.  If my friend sets up a game with fast greens he can.  Tournament speeds/firmness can be set by the person setting it up.  You know this can be done and put an end to this issue.

Not going to happen, but good luck anyway......
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

ssa1950

• rascal607
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 02:35:32 AM »
I think Inglewood works for EA and is in here spreading propaganda.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

ssa1950

• rascal607
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 02:36:27 AM »
That's omglovegolf ( stupid spell checker).

Lout Of Order

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 05:53:17 PM »
Number 5 hits the nail right on the head fella

stan_solo

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 08:32:27 PM »
......at least they say something

ssa1950

• rascal607
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 11:31:48 PM »
Yes at least HB Studios says something unlike that other low beat company.

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 12:01:56 PM »
I think Inglewood works for EA and is in here spreading propaganda.

Not spreading anything it's all true, do you know what's worse  devs saying nothing about their game or devs make twitch videos every few weeks and telling us things are fixed (AND THEY KNOW THEY ARE NOT FIXED) and the other big boring thing is they say the same thing ALL THE TIME here is just a few
1. "yep we want to do that"
2. "yep we could do that"
3. "yep that's a good idea"
4. "down the road"
5. "we don't play the game the same way you guys do" (that's why you are not very good at the game Anthony), so basically what the devs do is give us lip service every few weeks just so SOME of us think they are actually listening to what we want, truth is we will get what HBS want to give us not what we want or need.

Hahaha, amusing list. I don't think that's the case at all. In the cases of 1, 2, 3 and 4 - what would you want us to say if we like a suggestion but know it will not be in an update soon?
With regards point 5. I'm not the best player in the world at the game, I don't get a chance to practice it as much because I'm making it.
I think we've proven over the course of the last year that your feedback is valuable to us, and we've added many suggestions.
If we weren't getting anything from the interaction, why would we do it? It's time consuming to be a part of the community but we find it valuable.

ssa1950

• rascal607
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 07:49:38 PM »
I'm n o t perfect, the world's not perfect, and no video game is perfect, but for me this is the best console golf game.  I will probably keep chattering about concrete greens and better multiplayer.  I can avoid the concrete greens except for tours and tournaments.

Stingray65c

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 04:01:04 PM »
So Anthony replies, but not to me original suggestion.

I do know how many lines of code stuff takes because I wrote code professionally (financial not games) for 35 years.  So my suggestion is not just an offhand thing.  It can be done easily.  The reason I suspect it won't get done is because the start screen would need a revamp, and god knows developers hate redesigning their GUI.

Looks like I gotta spend the $60 after all and go back to the EA game.  Too bad.  I was really hoping this golf game was a definitive replacement.  Guess not.

bob5453

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 04:51:26 PM »
So Anthony replies, but not to me original suggestion.

I do know how many lines of code stuff takes because I wrote code professionally (financial not games) for 35 years.  So my suggestion is not just an offhand thing.  It can be done easily.  The reason I suspect it won't get done is because the start screen would need a revamp, and god knows developers hate redesigning their GUI.

Looks like I gotta spend the $60 after all and go back to the EA game.  Too bad.  I was really hoping this golf game was a definitive replacement.  Guess not.

He basically has replied in one of the Wednesday streams, he doesn't like options, he doesn't want to add options, he wants a simplified program that any newbie can start up and play some golf without needing to refer to a manual. He has accomplished this to some degree and made a great golf game for most casual players. Mission accomplished. The game is great, but after you play a few hundred rounds, you want more, most people will never play a few hundred rounds, so once again, mission accomplished. I want more, but have learned to not expect any options, then if I get one it is a bonus. :)
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

Stingray65c

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 05:43:27 PM »
 i'm sorry but it's not a great golf game. What would make it great is giving the user the ability to change the options and play how they like.   it's just a good golf game!
 and that was a pretty silly remark stating you would need a manual to choose options. Don't be ridiculous. I'd like to hear from Anthony, not you, on why he can't do this.
 It seems to me the emphasis of this game is who can make the best and most golf courses. 
there are tons of items I wish would be fixed with this game but I'm only asking for one. The ability to choose my settings before I play a round.

bob5453

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 05:50:30 PM »
i'm sorry but it's not a great golf game. What would make it great is giving the user the ability to change the options and play how they like.   it's just a good golf game!
 and that was a pretty silly remark stating you would need a manual to choose options. Don't be ridiculous. I'd like to hear from Anthony, not you, on why he can't do this.
 It seems to me the emphasis of this game is who can make the best and most golf courses. 
there are tons of items I wish would be fixed with this game but I'm only asking for one. The ability to choose my settings before I play a round.

Lots of people agree with you, but even though they listen to the community, they still do what they want, so suggestions and requests are just that and trust me, almost every suggestion has already been made in the last 1+ years. It is what it is, other than a few themes and a few more fps, this game is almost the same as it was when it released, IMO. In my Steam review I rated the game 6.5, so I guess I don't think it is that great either, but I do really enjoy the game.  ;)
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

stan_solo

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 06:34:43 PM »
I'm Happy " it's just a good golf game ! "  ,not many of them about.

HB have set their stall out and according to their streams will be concentrating on gameplay tweaks and features for the GNCD.

Remember they have resources and limitations,so if you don't like what's on the table....by all means go elsewhere for your frills.

Pubknight

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 09:23:08 PM »
It's a bit late saying "by all means go elsewhere for your frills." after you have bought the game on 3 platforms and a bit rude to say "by all means go elsewhere for your frills." IMO i expected this game to be a lot better then it is at this stage of the beta, because that's what this game is a beta, too many bugs in the game still after over 12 months and to say this game is a GREAT golf game is insulting peoples intelligence, it's an OK golf game and maybe some day it will be a great golf game but not ATM not even close this game is Anthony's toy to do with as he likes and we have paid him to live his dream. So how about waking up Anthony and give us what you promised over 12 month ago more game modes more team play modes you said over 12 months ago they would be in this game before April this year.

Any chance your expectations for what a small independent studio should produce for a $35 title are a tad out of whack?
Your outrage seems a bit over the top.
Especially liked the "we have paid him to live his dream" line though.
Maybe a bit too much?
Teensy bit maybe?

space-cash