Speed/Firmness Solution

• 25 Replies

daleandelisdad

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 09:48:29 PM »
I'm Happy " it's just a good golf game ! "  ,not many of them about.

HB have set their stall out and according to their streams will be concentrating on gameplay tweaks and features for the GNCD.

Remember they have resources and limitations,so if you don't like what's on the table....by all means go elsewhere for your frills.

It's a bit late saying "by all means go elsewhere for your frills." after you have bought the game on 3 platforms and a bit rude to say "by all means go elsewhere for your frills." IMO i expected this game to be a lot better then it is at this stage of the beta, because that's what this game is a beta, too many bugs in the game still after over 12 months and to say this game is a GREAT golf game is insulting peoples intelligence, it's an OK golf game and maybe some day it will be a great golf game but not ATM not even close this game is Anthony's toy to do with as he likes and we have paid him to live his dream. So how about waking up Anthony and give us what you promised over 12 month ago more game modes more team play modes you said over 12 months ago they would be in this game before April this year.

Pubknight

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 10:03:47 PM »
Amazon uk has the collectors edition currently for sale for ps4 and xbox one at around £35 which is $54 so no it's not really.

And Steam is selling it for $33 CDN.
PSN is selling it for $30 CDN.
I can use the internet to support my point too!
And that's now.
I bought the game on psn for $20 last December I think.
So... yeah... small independent studio, bargain priced title... the rage is a tad misplaced.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:05:38 PM by Pubknight »

Pubknight

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2015, 10:24:12 AM »
This isn't just about the price.
omglovegolf made a ridiculous post.
Go back and re-read it if you need a refresher.
It's comical the level of gamer nerd rage entitlement it contains.

Seriously it's on par with a cartoon villain's 'curse you superheroes' rant.

I questioned whether his rage was perhaps misplaced, given some context.
You know... that it's a video game... made by an independent studio... and a title that doesn't particularly cost a lot of money.

You decided to point out one element of that, the price, with one example.
So, basically, voluntarily deciding to completely miss the point.

stan_solo

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2015, 11:09:39 AM »

It's a bit late saying "by all means go elsewhere for your frills." after you have bought the game on 3 platforms and a bit rude to say "by all means go elsewhere for your frills."

The game has not exceeded your expectations...You are not happy with the progress...yet......
You have bought the game on 3 Platforms !!!  ??? ...huge contradiction pal.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:17:47 AM by han_shandy »

Pubknight

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2015, 11:35:58 AM »
My response was because you said it's only a cheap game so what more do you expect from HB and I was just pointing out that it is not always the case and costs more in other countries.

I did not say 'it's only a cheap game so what more do you expect from HB'.

What I said was: "Any chance your expectations for what a small independent studio should produce for a $35 title are a tad out of whack?"

Those are remarkably different statements.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2015, 12:11:22 PM »

It's a bit late saying "by all means go elsewhere for your frills." after you have bought the game on 3 platforms and a bit rude to say "by all means go elsewhere for your frills."

The game has not exceeded your expectations...You are not happy with the progress...yet......
You have bought the game on 3 Platforms

Yes i did buy it on 3 platforms, i was supporting HBS at that stage and i was happy to do so, hoping they would keep their promises of more game modes "in time" well it's time and no new game modes Anthony told us they would be in the game before April this year, so yes i'm disappointed with HBS promising things and not following up with them.

New game modes are being worked on.  And this is the prime example why developers are very hesitant to ever promise anything.  Things change or unexpected things that require full attention happen, it's the nature of the business.  It's exactly why you wont hear us give time frames any more for the updates.   We tried to be very open and got burned by it when the DLC was delayed.  So now, updates will be known as the next update not a specific month update.

Pubknight

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2015, 01:33:03 PM »
Don't suppose you've got a source for all these things Anthony said?
Because they just don't sound like things he would say.
How is he going to promise to have all the same game modes as a game that wasn't even out yet, when he wouldn't know what game modes it had?
I just don't buy these 'promises' you claim are being denied were ever made in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:34:45 PM by Pubknight »

Stingray65c

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 02:31:36 PM »
This is way out of hand.  Can we get back on topic please?  It's NOT hard to allow the green/fairway settings to be chosen before a round or tournament is created.  I would like to hear from Anthony if he is willing to add it, and if not, why?  There are many good looking golf courses to play that get ruined by the green settings when created.  This is absolutely a turn off from playing those courses.   Again I say having to aim short of a green to have a ball roll up onto a green and pray it doesn't keep rolling off the back of the green is NOT realistic and VERY frustrating!  I patiently wait for an answer from the developer, not a fanboy or basher.  Thanks!

Oswinner

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 07:48:45 PM »
Golf started as a firm run up to the green game. If the designer wants a firm course setting, he puts it in. If you dont like it play another course there are thousands you know mate? No need to start slagging people off who put effort in to making your life more enjoyable. I don't get people sometimes. If they don't get what they want they turn nasty. Bizarre. Stay happy and classy.

Stingray65c

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 08:36:25 PM »
Golf started as a firm run up to the green game. If the designer wants a firm course setting, he puts it in. If you dont like it play another course there are thousands you know mate? No need to start slagging people off who put effort in to making your life more enjoyable. I don't get people sometimes. If they don't get what they want they turn nasty. Bizarre. Stay happy and classy.
  Stupid reply matie!  Read the OP.  Didn't "slag" anyone off.  I suggested a solution.  So basically, Bugger off with your derrogatory comments!

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2015, 09:41:13 PM »
Moving this to the feature requests and locking it down.

space-cash