AMD Issues Have Peaked

• 40 Replies

KireiShoujo

« on: August 14, 2015, 04:12:32 PM »
So I know were all familiar with the AMD graphic cards issue with TGC but it usually only happened maybe once in every 10 times or so that I would play the game but now I can't even go 9 holes without the game freaking out causing me to restart..

Nothing can be done on my end?

Becoming unplayable.
Steam: Ayako

mikeingreen

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 10:30:12 AM »
What AMD drivers are you using? Are you running in 32 or 64 bit?

Ninja_Prime

• Ninja_Prime at Youtube
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 01:50:57 AM »
What OS are you using? not that it really matters as I thought my W10 update would help matters.
There is no  shame in defeat, there is only shame if you do not learn from it.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 03:42:37 AM »
Yep almost every game it creeps in at some point, and in GNCD about 6 or 7 times an hour....it's so bad it's shameful, how this has not even been fixed to any extent is very poor indeed, HB put lipstick on a pig and sent it to all AMD users.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 10:12:48 AM »
Worst i had so far, was 12 restarts for 18 holes, due to grafics falling apart.
Windows 10, latest CCC, Radeon 7950, running 64bit.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Ninja_Prime

• Ninja_Prime at Youtube
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 05:14:02 PM »
I can never finish or complete any tournaments as I don't get very far before the graphics goes haywire on me... I just stick to single games, 9 hole ones at that, as even attempting to play 18 holes can be a bit touch and go at times, one of the reasons I only make 9 hole courses these days!

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 08:48:31 PM »
I always thought it was a unity problem with AMD but perfect golf never suffers the problem, i'm pretty sure PG has never crashed on me since day 1 and thats quite impressive for an early access title.

Ninja_Prime

• Ninja_Prime at Youtube
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 04:40:13 PM »
I always thought it was a unity problem with AMD but perfect golf never suffers the problem, i'm pretty sure PG has never crashed on me since day 1 and thats quite impressive for an early access title.

I play PG too, and it's the same issue for me, especially since a few updates ago, not as bad mind you, but its still there. Like you think it is the Unity engine, as other games I play work a treat, and I have the settings dialled up to extreme in most cases. These are the only two games I've played using the Unity engine, and both have the same issue to a lesser or greater degree.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 03:50:25 AM »
Some observation from my side that could or could not be connected to the latest issues with AMD and maybe even NVidia Grafics:

The preloaded course when the game starts is in Harvest theme (I think its little brook manor). When i then start a course to play, while its loading 1st i see is the full plot of the preloaded course. Similar to this is the behaviour when changing from windowed to fullscreen and back using alt+enter. Here too the 1st thing is that some old screen pops up and then is replaced by what was the current screen before alt+enter.
When grafics disruption starts later then it starts with some trees that flicker and it's allways the same trees, no matter where on the plot they are. Could be that all of the sudden it tries to pick the tree for the current course and display it as the one from harvest theme. As if its fliping back and forth between the courses them and harvest (the preloaded). Now the problem could be that there are trees then in either theme do not exist or that are too different, like tree in one, bush in another.
What is new since december update, is that at exactly that point (when it starts to flicker trees), the fps drop massively.

Now on the more speculative level this could mean that while running the game there are allways 2 pictures loaded in that GPU's memory and that dataaccess to this memory fails at a certain point. (Loading more then one picture and just flipping display is a comon trick to speed up grafics.) Could be that one of the 2 pictures is not properly and completely initialized or loaded and during game play contain uninitialized pointers that when adressed show RR (random rubbish). The workaround for this would be to make sure, that for all themes EXACTLY the same memory structure is loaded into the grafics memory. The fix would be to make sure is completely loaded and initializes every time. I'm not saying that any of this must be true, - my programmer experiencies are somewhat older -, but it might be worth to check and eventually lead to the detection of the bug even if it's completely elsewhere. Good luck guys.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

BoomBoom

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 08:14:35 AM »
From what I can read going back, HBS introduced the problem into the system about a year ago, blamed it on AMD and moved on.

I'm the same as above, lost so much time in the designer it's not even funny, but I have been known to go 2 rounds and sometimes 2 holes before the graphics tear up and the game crashes.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 08:43:59 AM »
It seems to happen when the system is under stress, i can fire up the links and desert theme and go a full 18 and not have it kick in, but fire up countryside or boreal and it starts almost immediately.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 08:58:34 AM »
Everyone do yourselves a favor and get the significantly superior for gaming nvidia line of gpu's

The 970 is an incredible bang for the buck choice

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

BoomBoom

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 10:37:45 AM »
Everyone do yourselves a favor and get the significantly superior for gaming nvidia line of gpu's

Believe me I keep thinking of doing this, but that card is inferior to the current card I have.

Maybe rather than me spending hundreds on an inferior card, HBS can support a fairly major brand of GPU's, eventually, maybe this climbs to the top of the list, eventually, although after a year I hold out little hope.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 10:43:15 AM »
Lol get a new card to replace a card that works like a dream on 99% of the games i own...hmm.....no thanks!

Dusty Roads

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 11:01:16 AM »

Of course we would all do that if Nvidia didn't have issues also.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=13403.60

And please don't say update drivers...AMD Crimson crashes most games and videos I try to play or watch.

space-cash