AMD Issues Have Peaked

• 40 Replies

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2015, 11:54:43 AM »
Everyone do yourselves a favor and get the significantly superior for gaming nvidia line of gpu's

The 970 is an incredible bang for the buck choice

Of course we would all do that if Nvidia didn't have issues also.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=13403.60

And please don't say update drivers...AMD Crimson crashes most games and videos I try to play or watch.

my 970 does none of those things :)
Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Dusty Roads

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2015, 12:46:29 PM »
And my AMD 1 G card ran the card fine as my 4 G does not.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2015, 12:51:46 PM »
Everyone do yourselves a favor and get the significantly superior for gaming nvidia line of gpu's

The 970 is an incredible bang for the buck choice

Of course we would all do that if Nvidia didn't have issues also.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=13403.60

And please don't say update drivers...AMD Crimson crashes most games and videos I try to play or watch.

Lol 

That thread had one person with an issue - and I bet a driver update would have fixed it

AMD makes crap drivers - don't take my word for it look at Fallout4 or any other major release.  They release with game specific nvidia drivers on the same day... meanwhile AMD is always late to the party.  The AMD and TGC issue is due to AMD's driver issue causing the problem.

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Dusty Roads

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2015, 02:54:25 PM »
Odd, I play FO4 and Assassin's Creed Syndicate maxed out with ZERO issues other the game bugs everyone is finding.

But I am NOT going to argue for AMD versus Nvidia or any other brand. We buy what we like and use what we like.

wirenut48

• Retired Electrician IBEW Local 48
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2015, 04:39:50 AM »

I've seen you post this several times, so what's your point? The game didn't change, so sounds like you may have downgraded your GPU for a card with more memory. Memory has little to do with performance, mainly increases the resolution you can run in simple terms.
PSN/Steam Wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

Dusty Roads

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2015, 08:19:11 AM »

I've seen you post this several times, so what's your point? The game didn't change, so sounds like you may have downgraded your GPU for a card with more memory. Memory has little to do with performance, mainly increases the resolution you can run in simple terms.

Think real hard what my point might be.

Here's a hint....SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS.

Now what is your point?

wirenut48

• Retired Electrician IBEW Local 48
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2015, 12:56:19 PM »
Point is, having more memory on the card is not going to increase performance. You don't say what the cards were so I don't know why your new one doesn't run a well as your old one did.

Was just trying to be helpful as you seemed to put emphasis on memory size, and I'm not sure the game is to blame for it not running better.

PSN/Steam Wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

Dusty Roads

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2015, 01:13:13 PM »
Emphasis is more on the fact it's an AMD versus being told to buy Nvidia. I was pointing out Nvidia has problems with this game also unlike a lot of other games.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2015, 01:44:02 PM »
Emphasis is more on the fact it's an AMD versus being told to buy Nvidia. I was pointing out Nvidia has problems with this game also unlike a lot of other games.

has one problem - which was nothing more than an outdated driver

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Insane_Penquin

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
I would like to see how many people have AMD CPUs as well as GPUs.  When I switched to an i7 from a phenom ii my problems with this game were eliminated, but I am still using my hd7870s.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2015, 03:06:48 AM »
Yes i think it has a lot to do with the cpu not just the gpu, both mine are AMD

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2015, 08:29:18 AM »
Hm...
Both mine are AMD as well.
Are the problems originating from the CPU eventually?
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

BoomBoom

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2015, 11:33:11 AM »
Hate to be the fun wrecker, but I have the AMD Radeon R9 290X and an intel i7 quad core 4700 2.4 gz. its not that old, a fairly new big brand alienware machine, that cost me over 4 grand. It runs everything but this game flawlessly.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2015, 11:47:22 AM »
Hate to be the fun wrecker, but I have the AMD Radeon R9 290X and an intel i7 quad core 4700 2.4 gz. its not that old, a fairly new big brand alienware machine, that cost me over 4 grand. It runs everything but this game flawlessly.

It's the GPU - driver issue specifically

Pop a 970 in there and watch the problem disappear.  Sell your R9 to someone on hardforum or someplace :)

HB can't fix a driver issue if AMD isn't willing to work with them. 

Next time consider not buying an alienware... you (anyone with a minimum amount of ability) can build your own and save so much.  I bet you could have built that entire setup for $1,200ish.  And it's fun doing it and it's ultimately a better computer due to the ability to choose each component.

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

BoomBoom

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2015, 12:32:04 PM »

It's the GPU - driver issue specifically

Pop a 970 in there and watch the problem disappear.  Sell your R9 to someone on hardforum or someplace :)

HB can't fix a driver issue if AMD isn't willing to work with them. 

Next time consider not buying an alienware... you (anyone with a minimum amount of ability) can build your own and save so much.  I bet you could have built that entire setup for $1,200ish.  And it's fun doing it and it's ultimately a better computer due to the ability to choose each component.

You are right, and I agree, threw away my money, but I went click and the next day it was here. I built a machine downstairs 5 or 6 years ago, for 800 or 900 dollars, that the kids still use and play all the latest games on still. Watched the teen play fallout 4 on it the other day flawlessly. Thing is better than this machine 5 fold, btw, NVidia gpu. Just not in a convenient spot in the house for my bad smoking habit.

I do on the other hand have a hard time blaming amd for a driver issue. I back dated the driver and only got temporary relief as this game has not always ran bad on amd gpu's.

Actually, according to my research, the game ran very very good in early access and a little beyond on amd gpus, but not very good on NVidia. It was last December, a game update, the graphic optimization update that introduced for the first time a big problem for the amd gpu, but fixed most of the NVidia issues being experienced at that time. Many players at that time with amd gpus needed to then reduce from high settings to low settings for stability. Weeks later, HBS blames an amd driver, however back dating the driver provided no relief. Hence I have a hard time blaming AMD.

I think HBS just decided, they can only get 1 brand of card to work well, and went with NVidia, the more popular card.

Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

space-cash