Driving/Putting Range.

• 4 Replies

pAter

« on: August 08, 2015, 09:09:45 PM »
I'm going to put this out there for the people who don't want to learn GNCD....

Would it be possible to add an official in game driving range with wind?  And a putting green?

I know its possible to do this in the course designer but I'm sure there are a lot of people who need to practice hitting and putting for 10 minutes before they start a round and have no desire to learn/use the GNCD.

Would be a simple feature to add!  Make 3 or 4 differently designed driving ranges with 20 or so tee boxes and you get a bucket of balls worth 50 hits or so.  You could even allow ghosts to hit beside you on the other 19 tee boxes!

I think it would be a nice feature for those needing to warm up before a game!

Lout Of Order

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 06:00:03 PM »
A year after the game released - good luck with that.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 12:00:37 AM »
Would definitely like to add those features.  One idea was to have a putting green set up so as you go to the tee of the course you want to play, you are given a button choice.    Hit X to go right to the 1st tee.  Hit Y to go to the putting green first.  The putting green would have the exact same conditions that the rest of that course has so you could practice on a green with the same speed as you about to play.

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 12:09:34 AM »
Would be cool to allow the designers to make their own range and putting green on the property.

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 11:19:43 AM »
Would definitely like to add those features.  One idea was to have a putting green set up so as you go to the tee of the course you want to play, you are given a button choice.    Hit X to go right to the 1st tee.  Hit Y to go to the putting green first.  The putting green would have the exact same conditions that the rest of that course has so you could practice on a green with the same speed as you about to play.

This would be great.  I understand there would be issues with older courses.  Just do a test/check to see if the new SURFACE (In GNCD) of practice green is setup and if so show this new button on menu.  If it's not don't show it and move to the first tee as only option.  Give us a player marker to start off on the practice tee in GNCD and maybe with the DPad an option to move golfer around.  Have this new surface in GNCD called Practice Green an option so we can lay down the practice green and the code can know the difference.

Now about 2 weeks of time in development and we are good to go. :) 
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

space-cash