Pebble Beach Golf Links (blacks)

• 90 Replies

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2015, 03:46:46 PM »
Played again. Got more slopes to contend with than first time, so that was fine. Faster greens would be interesting to see how the ball holds. I think you'd do a good job of the Norman bluffs course, but i'd imagine you have other ideas.

irl the greens are sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow due to the climate and the poa
Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

bigtee

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2015, 04:32:02 PM »
Played again. Got more slopes to contend with than first time, so that was fine. Faster greens would be interesting to see how the ball holds. I think you'd do a good job of the Norman bluffs course, but i'd imagine you have other ideas.

irl the greens are sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow due to the climate and the poa

Thanks, for some reason i assumed they were quickish. Would make more sense if they weren't due to green size. Unfortunately my course knowledge doeesn't extend much further than vague recollections from some tiger games, and some rlc's on tgc.

TeeJay0218

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2015, 05:37:28 PM »
PGA Tour Founder/President
Playstation 4's Premier Sim Society!
Play the way the pros do, green grids and scout cam off.

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2015, 05:47:33 PM »
Really enjoyed my round here - too bad there aren't more waves for coastal waters - just didn't seem right being so calm out there.  Great job on the course!

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2015, 06:17:36 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8RzfyDs5aY
thanks for posting this man! just watched it, I noticed all the things they've changed and added since then. Very fun to watch!
My Most Recent:
Cabot Cliffs (LiDAR)
Trump National Colts Neck
Hackensack Golf Club
Jefferson City CC
The Dunes
Scarboro Golf Club
Itasca Country Club
Sonny's Willow Run
Sonny's Brandon GC
Sonny's Prairie Green GC
Pebble Beach
Firestone Country Club
East Lake Golf Club
Turkey Creek Golf Club

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2015, 06:18:03 PM »
Really enjoyed my round here - too bad there aren't more waves for coastal waters - just didn't seem right being so calm out there.  Great job on the course!
Thank you! If only...
My Most Recent:
Cabot Cliffs (LiDAR)
Hackensack Golf Club
Jefferson City CC
The Dunes
Scarboro Golf Club
Itasca Country Club
Sonny's Willow Run
Sonny's Brandon GC
Sonny's Prairie Green GC
Pebble Beach
Firestone Country Club
East Lake Golf Club
Turkey Creek Golf Club

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2015, 06:18:30 PM »
Played don't like it ...wont play it again.

breaks around hole placements on later holes are extreme  especially 18

the rest of the design was enjoyable and seemed pretty good.
No worries man, thanks for giving it a go!
My Most Recent:
Cabot Cliffs (LiDAR)
Hackensack Golf Club
Jefferson City CC
The Dunes
Scarboro Golf Club
Itasca Country Club
Sonny's Willow Run
Sonny's Brandon GC
Sonny's Prairie Green GC
Pebble Beach
Firestone Country Club
East Lake Golf Club
Turkey Creek Golf Club

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2015, 06:20:27 PM »
This was a fantastic recreation.  I had a blast playing it and it really made me think of all the other rounds of Pebble I've played in video game golf over the years. 

Well done and I'm looking forward to your next creation.
Thanks man! and Thank you for giving us such a great game to design courses with!
My Most Recent:
Cabot Cliffs (LiDAR)
Hackensack Golf Club
Jefferson City CC
The Dunes
Scarboro Golf Club
Itasca Country Club
Sonny's Willow Run
Sonny's Brandon GC
Sonny's Prairie Green GC
Pebble Beach
Firestone Country Club
East Lake Golf Club
Turkey Creek Golf Club

Royce

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2015, 07:17:26 PM »
This is one of the courses that makes TGC so spectacular, on par with Pine Valley, Muirfield & Spyglass as the truly superb designs. 

I played your -10 Ghost ball FriendBomber, nice chip in on 17 for birdie, then it looked like you hit your drive on 18 under the fairway tree, you could have easily had a birdie on 18 for an 11 under round.

Thank you for making this course for the our enjoyment.  Your courses get more magnificent each time, I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2015, 08:56:42 PM »
This is one of the courses that makes TGC so spectacular, on par with Pine Valley, Muirfield & Spyglass as the truly superb designs. 

I played your -10 Ghost ball FriendBomber, nice chip in on 17 for birdie, then it looked like you hit your drive on 18 under the fairway tree, you could have easily had a birdie on 18 for an 11 under round.

Thank you for making this course for the our enjoyment.  Your courses get more magnificent each time, I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
thanks man! Had good wind that day! Actually, hit the trunk of the tree on 18, still left me a descent shot at the green, just flubbed my chip and left a long birdie putt, that I missed.
My Most Recent:
Cabot Cliffs (LiDAR)
Hackensack Golf Club
Jefferson City CC
The Dunes
Scarboro Golf Club
Itasca Country Club
Sonny's Willow Run
Sonny's Brandon GC
Sonny's Prairie Green GC
Pebble Beach
Firestone Country Club
East Lake Golf Club
Turkey Creek Golf Club

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2015, 08:05:57 AM »
Got to play this yesterday. Stunning work! You have a distinct style that is very realistic and some of the holes are just spot on.

That said - the greens are a bit to sloped in general. Some like 1 are dead on - but many of the pebble greens are much more subtly tilted. This will hurt no grid and protee play a bit.

I felt that 5 and approach on 8 were a bit of visually, but could be camera angles etc also.

Only big discrepancy I found was on 14 - but I can understand that if you never have been on site as it is completely unique. The bunker is a full 6 feet deep, and if  you end up on the lower tier you are negotiating at least 5 feet uphill to the hole with your next putt. The top plateu however is not tilting a lot, and if anything it moves away from the lower tier. At its steepest the green is tilting a lot, but it works a bit like a spiral slope or staircase - so the portion that hugs the bunker is almost vertical.

This course is up there with Magnolia, Pine Valley, Muirfield and Spyglass as a top recreation. Some holes are just spot on. You need to make a four pin set up getting pin sheets from latest US Open for sure!

I'd really like to see either Olympic Club or a proper recreation of Tobacco Road!

rdh

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2015, 09:58:33 AM »
Good point on the greens for ProTee.  If you do release a shortened ProTee version, it would be awesome if you could flatten out the greens a bit.  If not, no problem...i'll take whatever we get!

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2015, 10:54:28 AM »
Got to play this yesterday. Stunning work! You have a distinct style that is very realistic and some of the holes are just spot on.

That said - the greens are a bit to sloped in general. Some like 1 are dead on - but many of the pebble greens are much more subtly tilted. This will hurt no grid and protee play a bit.

I felt that 5 and approach on 8 were a bit of visually, but could be camera angles etc also.

Only big discrepancy I found was on 14 - but I can understand that if you never have been on site as it is completely unique. The bunker is a full 6 feet deep, and if  you end up on the lower tier you are negotiating at least 5 feet uphill to the hole with your next putt. The top plateu however is not tilting a lot, and if anything it moves away from the lower tier. At its steepest the green is tilting a lot, but it works a bit like a spiral slope or staircase - so the portion that hugs the bunker is almost vertical.

This course is up there with Magnolia, Pine Valley, Muirfield and Spyglass as a top recreation. Some holes are just spot on. You need to make a four pin set up getting pin sheets from latest US Open for sure!

I'd really like to see either Olympic Club or a proper recreation of Tobacco Road!
thank you for the feedback, Im making a rainy version of it next an will apply this info to the next version. Please let me know if there is anything else that needs adjustments. Thanks!
My Most Recent:
Cabot Cliffs (LiDAR)
Hackensack Golf Club
Jefferson City CC
The Dunes
Scarboro Golf Club
Itasca Country Club
Sonny's Willow Run
Sonny's Brandon GC
Sonny's Prairie Green GC
Pebble Beach
Firestone Country Club
East Lake Golf Club
Turkey Creek Golf Club

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2015, 11:06:33 AM »
It's about 8 feet actually... it's so tall if you are in front of green you can't see the green around the hole back left and I'm 6'3

Here is a good pic but the amount of slope is minimized in the 2 d pic obviously

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

rolfgolf

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2015, 11:07:19 AM »
Hi friendBOMBER!

Finished today!
WOW what should I say?
Very very nice reproduction of Pebble Beach! :) 8)
It looks all very realistic, as I can see. (I know PB only from other golf games).
Big thanks for your great work on this great course!
Gave it a full 10 and faved it!

Greetings Rolf
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 08:04:48 AM by rolfgolf »

space-cash