Ball Squirt

• 59 Replies

typhon

« on: September 10, 2015, 01:03:39 PM »
I know this is a touchy subject but i think even if it is a "bug" it should be considered a "feature"

this small additive is just the type of thing this game needs to prevent people from shooting unrealistic 57s

even when a tour pro thinks they hit the ball on the screws the shot still doesn't always end up where they think it should have.

I think the game should have that aspect so were not always relying on the greens to be difficult to make a course difficult.

1 in 100 shots of mine are shanks and that's maybe because i'm totally not paying attention.  other than that even when im off a few degrees left or right im still piping the fairway 90+ percent of the time

HunterofVeritas

• I slice 95% of my hooks.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 03:48:59 PM »
Prepare for the ****storm from team squirt, my friend.  Get your umbrella out.

GettinEaglesDoe25

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 03:50:10 PM »
there's no such thing as ball squirt.

drlowdon

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 04:05:30 PM »
Again, I'll say the punishment for being offline with the swing should be more severe. The randomness of a ball missing 15 yards right when you've hit a dead straight shot is just annoying

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 04:12:56 PM »
Again, I'll say the punishment for being offline with the swing should be more severe. The randomness of a ball missing 15 yards right when you've hit a dead straight shot is just annoying

BINGO
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

stan_solo

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 07:19:40 PM »
Interesting thread topic

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 07:55:07 PM »
Still dont understand why anthony said its in the game,and not given a proper answer since why its there.

BoomBoom

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 08:10:02 PM »
typhon: this small additive is just the type of thing this game needs to prevent people from shooting unrealistic 57s.

Please allow me to translate to proper English. While I have no hope of shooting 57, an update like this will, I hope, have no effect on me, but allow my lack of practice and skill to get closer to other people on the leaderboard.

drlowdon: Again, I'll say the punishment for being offline with the swing should be more severe. The randomness of a ball missing 15 yards right when you've hit a dead straight shot is just annoying.

This ^^^^^^^right there requires no translation and makes a metric ton more sense.

I agree shooting a 57 is unrealistic, but making the game harder through some random squirt has been done already by the worse, most expensive, golf game on the planet, a golf game that is dying and will be dead soon. Following in those footsteps is a mistake IMHO. TGC has the potential to excel beyond that other crappy game, if they have not already. That other game still has a few thousand suckers spending more then $100 per month for that crap, likely mostly through subliminal messaging or something wacky, sorry the logic escapes me, maybe they are likely just leaching off the mentally insane, who knows. In any event, it is no game to be emulated in any shape or form.

TGC should just continue to make themselves the new watermark for a great golf game. Squirt, next to the game constantly crashing, is just going to used as an excuse for poor play, provide no incentive for people to strive to improve and eventually just drive people away. It's a poorly thought out feature designed to fix something immediate with no regard to the future of the franchise. Bottom line it needs be removed sooner rather than later.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

smurfblade1988

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 08:13:36 PM »
^^^^

Spot on

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

BoomBoom

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 08:17:13 PM »
Final point, if the flipside of this debate is the straight shooter will go on a field day.

Improve the API, have a straight shooter leaderboard, implement uneven lies, gusting wind, etc etc.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 08:19:24 PM by BoomBoom »
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

smurfblade1988

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2015, 08:20:32 PM »
I know this is a touchy subject but i think even if it is a "bug" it should be considered a "feature"

this small additive is just the type of thing this game needs to prevent people from shooting unrealistic 57s

even when a tour pro thinks they hit the ball on the screws the shot still doesn't always end up where they think it should have.

I think the game should have that aspect so were not always relying on the greens to be difficult to make a course difficult.

1 in 100 shots of mine are shanks and that's maybe because i'm totally not paying attention.  other than that even when im off a few degrees left or right im still piping the fairway 90+ percent of the time
In real golf there is a scientific physical explanation for where the ball ends up. With ball squirt there isnt. U can hit a perfect shot and be thrown up to 30ft offline through no fault of ur own.

Plus this is a video game, it shud be fun. It is not fun to be squirted 10 yrds left in the water jus because shootin 57s is deemed unreasonable.

The people who can shoot those low scores hav put a lot of time into learning the game. If it was easy everybody wud shoot these scores but they dont just a very small percentage of TGC players.

There are gaps in quality between players of every computer game. Implementing random into the game to keep the competition close and the scores down is ridiculous. If player A is comfortably better than player B and player B doesn like it he shud practice alot more.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 08:22:27 PM by smurfblade1988 »

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 11:09:33 PM »
Not about skill - it's about scores. A well balanced game mode would have the top players in the game averaging around 67 shots at tournament style lay-outs - not 62.

But it's an unreachable goal without multiple dificulties or swing mechanics. This is one thing EA has got right but with horrible execution this time around. If a mechanic that keeps the top players at reasonable scores is the only one - then there is no way a beginner will stick with the game. Also some people like the arcade birdie-race while some want more of a sim based experience. Since this game has only one level - this is a never-ending discussion. The issue as I see it is that we are in-between with the current level. It is great for onboarding players and possibly the casual rounds - but for competitive play it's neiter this nor that. It is - however - a great mechanic that can alomst deal with such a wide range of players.

I think most agree that completly random deviation is bad. But variance is not. HB could go a long way by just adding a couple variables like off center also affects distance (long and left, or short and right), uphill/downhill and having a subtle timing component affectign distance to the tune of 1-2% either under or overswing and bake it into a pro mode.

Actually the Rory mechanic is a great thought here where sadly the overal implementation just sucks. What if HB could do that one right?

As it stands now - the best bet for a deep simulation golf title on PS4 may be Perfect Golf if they get the controller support right. Seems to me that TGC is more and more of a sport-nerds golf game while PG is a golf-nerds golf game.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2015, 01:32:13 AM »
I Might be wrong here but can never see Perfect golf coming to Consoles took them 3 years to get it on PC.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2015, 02:46:26 AM »
2020 release?

Dusty Roads

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 08:43:30 AM »
Guess I haven't played enough rounds as I don't believe I have ever experienced this "ball squirt". The only time I have a ball go offline and end up not where I thought I was aiming is because of wind.

space-cash