Ball Squirt

• 59 Replies

smurfblade1988

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2015, 08:49:33 AM »
Guess I haven't played enough rounds as I don't believe I have ever experienced this "ball squirt". The only time I have a ball go offline and end up not where I thought I was aiming is because of wind.
There is a theory out there tat it might effect ppl with high handicaps & average scores more than the other end of the scale.

If u wanna really notice it watch for it on par 3s with little or no wind or wind going straight, if u execute a straight shot there is gud chance you will be thrown a few yards offline through no fault of ur own.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2015, 10:02:30 AM »
Low handicaps and scores - smurf, not high.

Dusty Roads

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2015, 10:23:07 AM »
Smurf, every one of my par 3s I have designed I have never had the ball squirt in the designer. Is this a published problem?

smurfblade1988

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2015, 10:26:27 AM »
Smurf, every one of my par 3s I have designed I have never had the ball squirt in the designer. Is this a published problem?
Doesn happen in designer mate.

Dusty Roads

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »
Shall try in published when I get there.

GettinEaglesDoe25

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2015, 05:15:07 PM »
no such thing as ball squirt. people are just paranoid and need an excuse. might have to start blaming my errant shots in real life on ball squirt.

drlowdon

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2015, 05:33:16 PM »
The developers have said themselves on Twitch that it is in the game, the idea was to stop straight shooters.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2015, 06:03:21 PM »
no such thing as ball squirt. people are just paranoid and need an excuse. might have to start blaming my errant shots in real life on ball squirt.

Go educate yourself before making such ridiculous claims.
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

smurfblade1988

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2015, 06:04:54 PM »

Go educate yourself before making such ridiculous claims.
These people are not education worthy. Pure ignorance.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2015, 10:18:22 PM »
Does Oppisite Ball Squirt Exist,You think you have hit a bad shot,but ends up right by the pin,just wondering.im sure it happens to me now and again.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2015, 01:35:05 AM »
Opposite Baal squirt definitely exists. I notice more of that than the bad kind. Like a hook going straight etc.

Have to say I think that the complaints and tone of discussion is well out of proportion to the actual occurrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfblade1988

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2015, 06:54:14 AM »
Does Oppisite Ball Squirt Exist,You think you have hit a bad shot,but ends up right by the pin,just wondering.im sure it happens to me now and again.
I wudn call it opposite ball squirt yeltz, its still jus ball squirt.

In my opinion if anyones noticing what you've described here more than ball squirt causin them to miss the target its because theyre miss hitting shots more than catching them right. Theyre jus getting lucky.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2015, 09:16:29 AM »
Opposite Baal squirt definitely exists. I notice more of that than the bad kind. Like a hook going straight etc.

Have to say I think that the complaints and tone of discussion is well out of proportion to the actual occurrence.

If that is the case, then the swing feedback is grossly inaccurate.....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2015, 12:10:46 PM »

If that is the case, then the swing feedback is grossly inaccurate.....

My swing input is grossly inaccurate - that's for sure.

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2015, 11:17:05 AM »
Again, I'll say the punishment for being offline with the swing should be more severe. The randomness of a ball missing 15 yards right when you've hit a dead straight shot is just annoying

Maybe there is a way this could happen if they somehow calibrate with controller while setting up.  A lot of games let me adjust gamma and screen size for it, kind of setting the game up for it's programming.  Let's calibrate our controllers so the game knows how good/accurate or crappy/old it is.  So that it can adjust how much variance it gives us.  Remove the squirt or make it much more minimal...(3-4 yards max) and make the swing more important.

Right now they can't do this because there are controllers out there that just don't give the feedback they are looking for in the game.  I'm sure that's one of the reasons for the squirt!

I for one thought it didn't exist. But as I have gotten better, do see it.  Anthony says it's been in the game since the beginning. 

We can't let things from a year ago hold the game back (they've mentioned ghost balls and leaderboards)  Adjust it today and by next year those ghost balls and leaderboard will be irrelevant once gain!  Look ahead and focus on the future.
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

space-cash