Ball Squirt

• 59 Replies

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 11:37:28 AM »
I'd just like to say that the MAJORITY of this thread is just great. THIS is how to talk about issues that need to be addressed.
Well done guys! Made me smile today.  ;D
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

HunterofVeritas

• I slice 95% of my hooks.
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 12:41:14 PM »
I'd just like to say that the MAJORITY of this thread is just great. THIS is how to talk about issues that need to be addressed.
Well done guys! Made me smile today.  ;D

I would have to agree.  Absolutely.

Mrooola

• GroupMember
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2015, 03:07:42 PM »
Im not good enough to realise if I'm affected by this ball squirt or not, but let me just ask you guys something.

I'm not saying there should be a bunch of gear to unlock or boost your play, but would it not make sense to have two types of irons? Blades and cavity backs? That way the pros can get those extra yards and spin and us not so great have a larger margin for error? Instead of this squirt thing..

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:15:57 PM by oericsso »
New South Flower Golf & CC
The Copse @ Malkie Coast
Aij Kee Ahh Hideaway 9 Hole
Demon Host GC
Carolina Low GC
Cul de Sac GC
Unfinished Sympathy GG
Little Bird Trails
Silent Ivy Hotel, Nattavaara, SE

Jeffield1

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2015, 08:00:06 PM »
Correc me if I'm wrong and I'm not one of the best at the game but doesn't this ball squirt only effect players using modded hori controllers to keep their shots perfectly straight?    And if so isn't it just a way  to combat these "unfair advantage" controllers.  At least I thought it was explained that way.   I've never noticed this and neither has anyone I've ever played with . We all use standard ps4 controllers

stan_solo

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2015, 08:21:13 PM »
No......Scruff & Smurf will explain why

smurfblade1988

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2015, 08:26:35 PM »
Correc me if I'm wrong and I'm not one of the best at the game but doesn't this ball squirt only effect players using modded hori controllers to keep their shots perfectly straight?    And if so isn't it just a way  to combat these "unfair advantage" controllers.  At least I thought it was explained that way.   I've never noticed this and neither has anyone I've ever played with . We all use standard ps4 controllers
As of before yesterday the squirts effected everyone (Apparently). HB on stream explained that is was implemented into the game to combat straight shooters but they also said it wasnt working as intended.

In the last 24-48 hrs something has changed. The squirts have either gone completely or have dialed down massively in its effect. I hope there gone for gud but it cud jus be HB testing stuff out.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2015, 08:55:55 PM »
Best thing might be to dial down the worst ones and re-brand them as wind gusts... Not looking forward at all to the complete robot-golf we will se in competition. Game badly needs optional variance (difficulty is another way to put it). Making it easier is not the way to go.

Broken record I know - but the -25 crowd needs some balancing on the forums and with moves to making the swing once again easier and removing variation HB is more and more alienating  the people who want more realistic scoring and stats.

And to answer the comments that will come: No - I don't care about leveling the playing field. And no - I really do not want to ever shoot a 54 in game on a proper course as that is a sure sign that a game that labels itself "simulation" is broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfblade1988

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2015, 09:02:55 PM »
Best thing might be to dial down the worst ones and re-brand them as wind gusts... Not looking forward at all to the complete robot-golf we will se in competition. Game badly needs optional variance (difficulty is another way to put it). Making it easier is not the way to go.

Broken record I know - but the -25 crowd needs some balancing on the forums and with moves to making the swing once again easier and removing variation HB is more and more alienating  the people who want more realistic scoring and stats.

And to answer the comments that will come: No - I don't care about leveling the playing field. And no - I really do not want to ever shoot a 54 in game on a proper course as that is a sure sign that a game that labels itself "simulation" is broken.

The game is fine the ways its playing at the moment imo. Im not against making the difficulty of swing accuracy harder BUT thay WILL alienate the majority of TGC players. Whatever way u look at it this is a video game that needs to sell. It needs to be fun to the majority. Having other difficulty options is the best solution I can see to appease the "The games too easy" crowd.

The top players on the competitive side will always be the top players. The scores that have won the recent TGCT events have been fine in my opinion. Average winning score seems to be between -35 & -45. I have no problem with tat being the elite level of the game.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Dusty Roads

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2015, 09:31:21 PM »
Those scores is why I am learning the designer and not practicing my butt off. I enjoy the game I don't want to own the game...  ::)

daleandelisdad

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2015, 10:44:04 PM »
I reallllllly think the last thing a group of computer geeks playing computer golf need is less ball squirt.

But I'm glad HB is working on it. :)

smurfblade1988

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2015, 04:04:58 AM »
I really think the people effected the least are not the opinions HB shud be listening to. Besides it wasnt suppossed to be in the game for everyone anyways so its a bug that needs removal.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2015, 05:20:33 AM »
Smurf - -40 being a good level is your opinion which is fine. There is really no right or wrong.

This game, partly due to being great and partly due to a void in the golf-game market, has managed to attract both the TW arcade crowd, the real golf crowd and the links sim crowd. Of course there will be bickering over difficulty. The only "solution" is multiple difficulties or levels of complexity in the swing mechanic. I hope HB will sees that and makes something. Right now they will alienate people on the sim side who I would believe are a smaller but much less fickle user category. Further moves to simplify the swing and lower scores by removing the squirt will not help.

Don't think it would be a good idea to just make current mechanic more difficult - multiple levels are necessary to cater to different preferences.

I've nothing against arcade games. There is a new hot shots golf on the horizon which I will buy for sure and have a blast shooting -18 on a course laid out over an active volcano as hello kitty in a pink panda suit using super-spin and homing-balls. But that is the kind of game where those scores belong - IMO

It's good to be able to have a somewhat level headed discussion on it with you either way.

Your squirt patrol brother in arms seems to lash out at anything or anyone if he sniffs any risk of not being able to birdie every hole with minimal effort, where it's really a bit more nuanced.

smurfblade1988

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2015, 05:41:12 AM »
Smurf - -40 being a good level is your opinion which is fine. There is really no right or wrong.

This game, partly due to being great and partly due to a void in the golf-game market, has managed to attract both the TW arcade crowd, the real golf crowd and the links sim crowd. Of course there will be bickering over difficulty. The only "solution" is multiple difficulties or levels of complexity in the swing mechanic. I hope HB will sees that and makes something. Right now they will alienate people on the sim side who I would believe are a smaller but much less fickle user category. Further moves to simplify the swing and lower scores by removing the squirt will not help.

Don't think it would be a good idea to just make current mechanic more difficult - multiple levels are necessary to cater to different preferences.

I've nothing against arcade games. There is a new hot shots golf on the horizon which I will buy for sure and have a blast shooting -18 on a course laid out over an active volcano as hello kitty in a pink panda suit using super-spin and homing-balls. But that is the kind of game where those scores belong - IMO

It's good to be able to have a somewhat level headed discussion on it with you either way.

Your squirt patrol brother in arms seems to lash out at anything or anyone if he sniffs any risk of not being able to birdie every hole with minimal effort, where it's really a bit more nuanced.

If there is a large demand for more difficulty settings HB im sure will listen. Thats the only option i personally wudn mind coming in.

As for the majority of TGC players i think a few minor adjustments wud keep us happy.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2015, 06:25:03 AM »
Maybe, maybe not.

Maybe you are not the majority? Maybe the majority is just happy as it is - squirt and all.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 09:24:03 AM by McBogga »

Dusty Roads

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2015, 09:49:58 AM »
McBogga, what you just said may ring true. How many TGC owners have entered this thread?

How many TGC owners even think that there is ball squirt. I know I haven't seen it on a consistent basis.

space-cash